Lily Pebbles #28 As dim as her loft extension

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re: feeling connected to the series because the young child looks like Grey is so Lily. She has to seek herself in everything or it just doesn't make sense to her. A while back she had earache and she said she could now understand why little kids are in so much pain when they also have earache - she'd never experienced it before so she honestly couldn't relate to someone else's pain. And this is why her content is so rubbish. If she doesn't understand or hasn't experience something then it literally just doesn't exist to her. She has to find a way in which it relates to her no matter how tenuous/inappropriate (see also: BLM and her moles). And she lacks any sort of intelligence/independent thinking/curiosity about the world so her exposure to new experiences is limited to what her friends and family do (which she ultimately has to copy).
And empathy. That's why she so often fails to read the room and her posts come across as insensitive.

Reactions: 26
She is so weird on her post about The Maid. No one told her that so many kids are blonde and curly.
I saw the daughter in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and could not figure out who she reminded me of until I saw them together in Maid. Like, of course! Andie! Spitting image of her mum!
And yes, so many kids that age are blonde and curly. I wonder if that's the only reason she kept watching, as the story is too raw for Lily. I Know she watches The handmaid's tale, but I suspect it's only because it's a populair show. ;)

Reactions: 7
She is also in for a rude awakening because Grey’s curl may not stay blonde forever.

Reactions: 13
For a BUSY LONDON WORKING MUM she sure has a lot of time to watch TV. Most of us working mums pull our laptops out after our kids have gone to bed to catch up with stuff.

Re: feeling connected to the series because the young child looks like Grey is so Lily. She has to seek herself in everything or it just doesn't make sense to her. A while back she had earache and she said she could now understand why little kids are in so much pain when they also have earache - she'd never experienced it before so she honestly couldn't relate to someone else's pain. And this is why her content is so rubbish. If she doesn't understand or hasn't experience something then it literally just doesn't exist to her. She has to find a way in which it relates to her no matter how tenuous/inappropriate (see also: BLM and her moles). And she lacks any sort of intelligence/independent thinking/curiosity about the world so her exposure to new experiences is limited to what her friends and family do (which she ultimately has to copy).
she's actually sickening. she has no empathy whatsoever unless it concerns her own self/reminds her of her own life in some way. that's far more than selfish, that is a serious personality flaw which brings up a lot of questions...

Reactions: 19
Do you guys want to bet that she hate squib game because it is not in English.

To be fair I don’t understand the hype either, I mean is better than the average Netflix series but they are not the best!

K drama or movie can be crazily good. No one told her.

Reactions: 13
Do you guys want to bet that she hate squib game because it is not in English.

To be fair I don’t understand the hype either, I mean is better than the average Netflix series but they are not the best!

K drama or movie can be crazily good. No one told her.
I very much doubt she has time for subtitled or dubbed films.

Reactions: 14
Why doesn’t she put up the shelves herself? She clearly thinks Rich is tit at DIY.. which fair enough, he’s an office worker not a handyman. But she expects him to be able to do it because he’s the man, even though she always bangs on about breaking down gender stereotypes. Cow. She’s got two hands too. Use them then if you know better

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Why doesn’t she put up the shelves herself? She clearly thinks Rich is tit at DIY.. which fair enough, he’s an office worker not a handyman. But she expects him to be able to do it because he’s the man, even tho she always bangs on about breaking down gender stereotypes. Cow. She’s got two hands too. Use them then if you know better
I guarantee the reason they’d argue is because she makes him do things she wants then tries to micromanage him. I’d snap at her too.

Reactions: 42
Yea, absolutely. She clearly thinks it’s the most normal thing too, boasting about it on Instagram. I don’t know how he can stand her.

Reactions: 23
At this point why are they still together, she probably think they are very cool and edgy. Rich is still there because of the money and Grey.

Reactions: 22
At this point why are they still together, she probably think they are very cool and edgy. Rich is still there because of the money and Grey.
They’re still together as lily is codependent and couldn’t cope with ever being alone…

Reactions: 16
She's really trying to get the money in before her maternity leave with all these affiliate links on her stories recently

Reactions: 14
The affiliate links are so random as well, she doesn’t even try to fit it into the narrative of her day: these bras are really comfy, here’s a link. So shameless.

And her poor followers who don’t know that they’re being played for fools for clicking through.

Also agree, re: the DIY. For heaven’s sake, have some self-respect and just actually Do. It. Yourself. It’s two screws at most, I don’t think they even used wall plugs, did they? I’ve been sanding floorboards at our new place this afternoon, as I had some free time, and it needed doing. No way would I have just waited around for my husband to do it for me.

Reactions: 20
Lily pebbles #29: if you were anywhere else, you’d be collecting your P45.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.