Lily Pebbles #27 The unfluencer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
this! She moaned about paying £25 for laminate samples yet threw down £200 on a lampshade?!
LOL to be perfectly honest who doesn't moan about paying for samples? I'm indecisive as duck and so far I've probably spent over 300 quid on sample flooring in 6 months and I still haven't found one I like :LOL: I'm still living with just concrete floors.

And I just spend a grand on a whim on a new computer that I didn't need so I wouldn't say moaning about paying for samples and paying for something you want, no matter how ugly it is, is comparable. And I'm just about the cheapest person you will meet in your life :LOL:

• Angry
Reactions: 7
Her nails always look dirty to me. I have a thing about long nails - just makes me feel a but yuck. If I haven't got time for a mani then I keep my nails short, shaped and with a light coat of blush nail varnish. I just think it looks neater/cleaner than unshaped/long/unpainted nails.
True! I also hate to see any “white” on my own nails. It gives me the sensation that my hands are dirty all the time. I don’t mind seeing the white on other people’s nails, so long as it’s clean! Lily’s usually look pretty dirty!

I think it really depends where you live / how much natural light your place gets for how often you’d need the lights in the day time. But it’s absolutely normal to have to put the lights on on overcast days, it’s just typical lily moaning about something 🙄

Am I the only one who thinks with her hair like this and that hideous cardigan she looks about 45… something about this whole vibe she looks middle aged.

View attachment 762229
She looks so frumpy and old here. I nearly spat my coffee out when she was talking about her makeup looking glowy and fresh. Uh, no Lily. That is absolutely not the case.

Reactions: 10
LOL to be perfectly honest who doesn't moan about paying for samples? I'm indecisive as duck and so far I've probably spent over 300 quid on sample flooring in 6 months and I still haven't found one I like :LOL: I'm still living with just concrete floors.

And I just spend a grand on a whim on a new computer that I didn't need so I wouldn't say moaning about paying for samples and paying for something you want, no matter how ugly it is, is comparable. And I'm just about the cheapest person you will meet in your life :LOL:
I think samples is perhaps not the best comparison. I wouldn’t want to pay £30 for sample too! I would say Lily is very stingy, she feed her family of 6 with 1 broccoli and few mini sized carrot that is frankly enough for 2 ppl. People dislike the fact that she moaned about paying for services (moles and pelvic floor) but happy to drop £180 on a lamp shade because she was ill.

She is vain and pathetic

Reactions: 29

Lily's moaning when it comes to spending her own money reeks of entitlement and privilege and that's what annoys people. She CAN afford to spend money on samples and is lucky to be in the position to be having a major renovation on her already newly renovated house. She CAN afford to pay to get her moles checked or pay for physio and her moans about that were totally focussed on how unfair it is that SHE had to pay for them. Not how unfair it is that people who literally cannot afford to go private for such treatments can't access them. Not about how the NHS is on it's knees and life changing/saving treatments such as fertility or cancer treatments are being denied to people. It's all about HER. Which is why people find it hard to relate to her. We'd all love to our (hard earned) money on ourselves but we're adults and we know we have to pay for the stuff that is boring and unexciting. Lily's income eclipses the majority of people and she gets lots of stuff given to her for free - so when she complains one day that she's having to pay for samples and then the next day spends £200 on a lampshade it totally rubs people up the wrong way.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I think samples is perhaps not the best comparison. I wouldn’t want to pay £30 for sample too! I would say Lily is very stingy, she feed her family of 6 with 1 broccoli and few mini sized carrot that is frankly enough for 2 ppl. People dislike the fact that she moaned about paying for services (moles and pelvic floor) but happy to drop £180 on a lamp shade because she was ill.

She is vain and pathetic
For sure - maybe not the best comparison but she moans as if she’s entitled to have them for free, as in, £25 for all of THESE and I don’t like them. I mean, it sucks but essentially she keeps banging on about adding value to the house etc etc then it’s technically money invested in a way of how it should be looked at. Instead she gets more gratification from it so it’s not worthy of the money spent.
She seems to be willing to throw down money into things she won’t get for free - anine bing t shirts, lampshades at £200 but she’ll happily have a dig at something she can try and get for free.

Reactions: 13
Why didn't Lily just go into a shop and look at the samples FOR FREE?! That's what I did when I was getting new flooring for my spare bedroom last year. I took pictures of the samples to bring them home and have another look, but I pretty much knew the flooring I wanted as soon as I saw it. I admit I am pretty decisive when it comes to this stuff; I tend not to overthink it. I was also on a budget so more expensive options were not included in my decision - being on a budget makes things easier sometimes. Ha!

p.s: I thought the samples Lily picked were all kinda ugly.

I also think the price of that lampshade is crazy. Clearly I live in a different world to Lily!

Reactions: 17
Why didn't Lily just go into a shop and look at the samples FOR FREE?! That's what I did when I was getting new flooring for my spare bedroom last year. I took pictures of the samples to being them home and have another look, but I pretty much knew the flooring I wanted as soon as I saw it. I admit I am pretty decisive when it comes to this stuff; I tend not to overthink it. I was also on a budget so more expensive options were not included in my decision - being on a budget makes things easier sometimes. Ha!

p.s: I thought the samples Lily picked were all kinda ugly.

I also think the price of that lampshade is crazy. Clearly I live in a different world to Lily!
She had her floor gifted for free on her ground floor, so she had no idea what she wants. She is tedious

Reactions: 7
She had her floor gifted for free on her ground floor, so she had no idea what she wants. She is tedious
Oh, that's it then, I guess she is on the beg for another free floor with all her moaning about samples.

Reactions: 12
Oh, that's it then, I guess she is on the beg for another free floor with all her moaning about samples.
I think Lily is super bad at making decisions because her number 1 priority is what other people think and how she can make others jealous. For her bathroom she showed two completely different (but both on trend) interior options and said she couldn't pick between the two. Surely by now she should have a better idea of what her style is and would lean towards whichever was more 'her' but she can't because she has no idea what she truly likes. I honestly think it is why she's so unhappy. She really doesn't know who she is at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I think Lily is super bad at making decisions because her number 1 priority is what other people think and how she can make others jealous. For her bathroom she showed two completely different (but both on trend) interior options and said she couldn't pick between the two. Surely by now she should have a better idea of what her style is and would lean towards whichever was more 'her' but she can't because she has no idea what she truly likes. I honestly think it is why she's so unhappy. She really doesn't know who she is at all.
Exactly. One is super millennial another one is also millennial but more neutral. Both are very trendy though. She doesn’t know what she likes, is scary because how can you own two properties and not know what you like. She should just go with subway tiles (lol!)

Reactions: 10
My partner and I bought a house that needs a lot of work (think OAP house, green bathroom suite, the lot) so we've been spending a lot of time thinking about design. The most important thing for us at the moment is that our choices age well and are not trendy as we don't want to be redoing the bathroom and kitchen every 5 years. On the other side of the spectrum, you've got Lily, who just doesn't seem to know which bandwagon to jump on. :rolleyes:

Also Lily if you read here, B&Q will refund you for the floor samples you return!
She's probably never set foot in a B&Q though, she's a busy London mum who doesn't want to mix with the plebs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
My partner and I bought a house that needs a lot of work (think OAP house, green bathroom suite, the lot) so we've been spending a lot of time thinking about design. The most important thing for us at the moment is that our choices age well and are not trendy as we don't want to be redoing the bathroom and kitchen every 5 years. On the other side of the spectrum, you've got Lily, who just doesn't seem to know which bandwagon to jump on. :rolleyes:

Also Lily if you read here, B&Q will refund you for the floor samples you return!
She's probably never set foot in a B&Q though, she's a busy London mum who doesn't want to mix with the plebs.
Personally I think taking it slow and being thoughtful about the design choices you make is the best way forward. You'll make better decisions which reflect the way you live and how the property can work for you and your needs. Good luck with your reno!

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Don’t tell her haha

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I just bought samples yesterday and it was irritating in the moment, but I forgot about it until now, reading this thread about Lily’s irrational spending habits and whining over purchasing samples. Why did I forget about it so soon? Probably because it is NOT A BIG DEAL, Lily. Also, its something I need to do to get the work done, plus I can return them. And I don’t buy wretchedly expensive chairs and crazy ass lampshades (💀 at the pencil shaving comparison guys), so a few refundable bucks for samples so I can make good decisions is just the cost of getting tit done.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Yes, she will give JoJo her old stuff, however, what she will not give her, is a like on ANY of her house reno pictures. Jealous much?? My sister is like that, it sucks.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I watched her rant and she is spot on about influencers. I wonder who the influencer she heard on the radio was.
083003F8-D686-42A4-9417-5A274B64E99E.jpeg

clue? ETA- think it was Amy Hart Love Island

Lol. These people don’t want covid passport that protects life but happy to ask for ID when it comes to social media. Sure !

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.