Lily Pebbles #27 The unfluencer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, Amy from Love Island.

Kat Farmer’s stories are still up, worth a watch if anyone hasn’t seen them - the ones where she is sat in her car. (Crushingly have to skip through her showing off her GIFTED thermomix first - I’m envious)

Reactions: 3
Exactly. One is super millennial another one is also millennial but more neutral. Both are very trendy though. She doesn’t know what she likes, is scary because how can you own two properties and not know what you like. She should just go with subway tiles (lol!)
When my grandparents moved into their first house together they couldn't afford kitchen tiles. So my grandfather got hold of a load of cheap tiles that had, ah, fallen off the back of a van. Turned out they were swimming pool tiles. Their whole kitchen was bright blue.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
When my grandparents moved into their first house together they couldn't afford kitchen tiles. So my grandfather got hold of a load of cheap tiles that had, ah, fallen off the back of a van. Turned out they were swimming pool tiles. Their whole kitchen was bright blue.
I love stories like this! My parents found their first washing machine on the street and my dad spent ages fixing it so they didn't have to use the launderette - it lasted years and they felt so lucky to have their own machine.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
This is exactly it. Lily’s home doesn’t have treasured pieces, it’s full of gifted tat from the culture of Throwaway. There won’t ever be stories of finding a piece of furniture and bringing it back to life.
She’s Veruca Salt.

Reactions: 26
I think Lily is super bad at making decisions because her number 1 priority is what other people think and how she can make others jealous. For her bathroom she showed two completely different (but both on trend) interior options and said she couldn't pick between the two. Surely by now she should have a better idea of what her style is and would lean towards whichever was more 'her' but she can't because she has no idea what she truly likes. I honestly think it is why she's so unhappy. She really doesn't know who she is at all.
For the first time in my life I’ve been putting together mood boards to figure out how to decorate my space. It’s been SO helpful. Maybe I don’t by the designer item, but at least I can see how the styles/colors I like will work together. She needs that. She needs a professional.

ETA: oh, and the focus piece of each board is something I already own. @roarke is 100% correct - Lily’s house is a shining example of throwaway culture. And when you don’t spend your own money on things it’s much easier to say, “ehh not bringing me joy, getting rid of it.”

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
For the first time in my life I’ve been putting together mood boards to figure out how to decorate my space. It’s been SO helpful. Maybe I don’t by the designer item, but at least I can see how the styles/colors I like will work together. She needs that. She needs a professional.

ETA: oh, and the focus piece of each board is something I already own. @roarke is 100% correct - Lily’s house is a shining example of throwaway culture. And when you don’t spend your own money on things it’s much easier to say, “ehh not bringing me joy, getting rid of it.”
Also much of the problem with Lily’s house is that each room has its individual theme (the barn door, HM showroom, cottage room), is like a tit theme hotel than a home.

Working with a designer wouldn’t help unless she re-do her whole house. I think is quite easy to cross the line, to end up being too matchy-match, but her house really lacks coherent.

Hahaha she is probably fuming because everyone likes her old home than her current home.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Yes, she will give JoJo her old stuff, however, what she will not give her, is a like on ANY of her house reno pictures. Jealous much?? My sister is like that, it sucks.
If it is true that she isn't supportive of her sister instagram then she is even worse than I thought. One of her few redeeming qualities is that she is close with her family.

Reactions: 12
If it is true that she isn't supportive of her sister instagram then she is even worse than I thought. One of her few redeeming qualities is that she is close with her family.
Very strange how she doesn't engage with her sisters account at all.

Reactions: 16
Yes it definitely seems like Jojo is trying to become an influencer so why is Lily not reposting her stories and saying check out my sister's reno?
Because she knows people will prefer her sister and lily needs to be the ‘famous’ one of the family.

Reactions: 31
Yes it definitely seems like Jojo is trying to become an influencer so why is Lily not reposting her stories and saying check out my sister's reno?
I think she’s scared of people finding out where she lives and doesn’t want to give more clues?

Reactions: 4
She helped Anna in the past and now Anna has better deal and numbers than her. Bigger house too. Haha. Her husband also works for her, everything that Lily ever wanted.

She perhaps learned her lesson.

I think she’s scared of people finding out where she lives and doesn’t want to give more clues?
Haha she defo wants people to think she lives in Muswell Hill or Hampstead

8ECB449D-15B3-4BC4-B76A-C07C25F05E09.png
Can Jojo pass these tiles to Lily?

Reactions: 12
To me Lily doesn’t seem truly emotionally close to her family, rather (co)dependent which means she has to be in their close proximity. They may spend a lot of time together but based on some of their and her comments, they do not seem to communicate very openly with each other.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
To me Lily doesn’t seem truly emotionally close to her family, rather (co)dependent which means she has to be in their close proximity. They may spend a lot of time together but based on some of their and her comments, they do not seem to communicate very openly with each other.
This. So many of her 'nobody told me' stories could have been prevented by her actually talking to her family.

Reactions: 29
Yes, she will give JoJo her old stuff, however, what she will not give her, is a like on ANY of her house reno pictures. Jealous much?? My sister is like that, it sucks.
I do think Lily has a finsta - probably many influencers do!

Reactions: 5

Yep she really should have taken the items that mean something to her like the painting Richard bought her, the fruit bowl from holiday and things like that and built the themes for her rooms around them. Her house is a horror show of latest trends. My lounge for example includes my grandma’s old record player, a table my partner made. A chest his dad made and a dining table that was my other grand parents. Everything works together because I thought about the pieces and came up with a colour scheme and bought modern pieces that mix well with my mid century and hand made pieces, plus I have such love for these things as they have a rich history to them so look beautiful in my eyes even if they don’t look like what’s in this seasons H&M catalog 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yep she really should have taken the items that mean something to her like the painting Richard bought her, the fruit bowl from holiday and things like that and built the themes for her rooms around them. Her house is a horror show of latest trends. My lounge for example includes my grandma’s old record player, a table my partner made. A chest his dad made and a dining table that was my other grand parents. Everything works together because I thought about the pieces and came up with a colour scheme and bought modern pieces that mix well with my mid century and hand made pieces, plus I have such love for these things as they have a rich history to them so look beautiful in my eyes even if they don’t look like what’s in this seasons H&M catalog 🤣
Oh have you also noticed that influencers have now jump on the antique bandwagon, on top of their HM tats collections.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.