Lily Pebbles #26 Peddles anything except her Peloton

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her moaning about her gp referral for her moles. If she is that bothered then go and pay private. I know you shouldn’t always have to but she pays for everything else and doesn’t seem to be struggling financially.

GPS have referral forms that typically have to meet criteria. So even if the gp filled in a referral form if it doesn’t meet certain criteria it would get rejected on receipt by the local hospital or clinic. I imagine now that if she is being seen by a clinic then she is either meeting a cancer target or if she has waiters that long then she is at a routine clinic. I hate how she acts all high and mighty about it yet she isn’t a gp is she and probably has no idea about the referral procedures.

I forgot how moany she is.
What do you mean? She doesn’t pay for anything else! She should 100% be okay with laying down a few hundos for a health issue that she has identified as very important 🤣🤣🤣

I loved how at the end of that whole thesis she basically insinuated that going NHS wasn’t as bad as she was expecting it to be. She’s so elitist.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Since we have all had a witch about Lily's stories today, I'd like to add something else that really annoyed me. In one of her stories she says get someone you live with to keep track of your moles. Can Lily not imagine that there are women out there living alone without an errand boy Rich??

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 43
never watch Lily anymore but saw her stories from this morning just now when she’s talking about the moles. The baby weight has defo gone onto her face hasn’t it

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
Regarding NHS vs private healthcare. I am of the opinion that as long as you pay your taxes/national insurance contribution, you should be able to get most if not all your doctor's appointments and treatments on the NHS. However, as someone with really bad teeth, I do sometimes need to see a dentist at short notice or at the weekend. I would rather do it on the NHS but needs must so I go and see someone privately and PAY (shock horror!). You just have to accept that if there's a specific health issue you struggle with, you might have to sometimes go the private way - for that extra peace of mind. I don't make a lot of money, end since changing my job last year (thanks covid :rolleyes:) I make even less but health is the most important thing in life and the one thing you shouldn't try to make savings on.

Reactions: 20
Okay, I am not from the UK and am not completely familiar with the NHS and how it all works. I am from Finland and we also have a very good public healthcare system – which focuses on treating illnesses. Preventative medicine is mostly done through private and you have to have insurance or your employer has to pay for those services. Yes, it sucks, because a lot of serious issues could be avoided by regular check-ups but you have to draw the line somewhere. People with a family history of brain tumours don't receive regular MRI's "just in case" or you don't get free therapy just because you have mental illness in your family. In an ideal world all this would be free of charge and everyone would be healthier overall but with limited funds, you simply have to focus on people with actual symptoms.

But like always, Lily only sees this from her POV and fails to see the bigger picture. To her, this is unfair because it's directly affecting her, simple as that.

Reactions: 30
Okay, I am not from the UK and am not completely familiar with the NHS and how it all works. I am from Finland and we also have a very good public healthcare system – which focuses on treating illnesses. Preventative medicine is mostly done through private and you have to have insurance or your employer has to pay for those services. Yes, it sucks, because a lot of serious issues could be avoided by regular check-ups but you have to draw the line somewhere. People with a family history of brain tumours don't receive regular MRI's "just in case" or you don't get free therapy just because you have mental illness in your family. In an ideal world all this would be free of charge and everyone would be healthier overall but with limited funds, you simply have to focus on people with actual symptoms.

But like always, Lily only sees this from her POV and fails to see the bigger picture. To her, this is unfair because it's directly affecting her, simple as that.
Yes, we’re similar in Australia- you can go through the public system for some allied health stuff, but if you can afford it, a lot of people would go to a private physio, dermatologist etc. I live in a very tropical part of Australia, and am fair skinned, so I get moles checked annually. Had it done the other week and cost me $100 (about 50 pounds).

Skin changes so much during pregnancy - moles can change colour a bit etc - so she’ll need to have it checked again once baby is here. But I guess no one told her….

Reactions: 11
Skin changes so much during pregnancy - moles can change colour a bit etc - so she’ll need to have it checked again once baby is here. But I guess no one told her….
She did know this as she said in her vlog last year about moles that she didn’t get checked whilst pregnant with Grey as it was pointless and difficult since they’d change whilst she was pregnant…

Its like she went to the doctor just so she could complain about the NHS.

Reactions: 13
Thank duck nothing was actually wrong with her moles, can you imagine the endless self righteous vindication if it were otherwise

Reactions: 11

It's hard to say exactly but I think the scope of the NHS here is wider than your system in Finland sounds, for example we have Clinical Genetics departments which can screen for a family history of cancer and if there is found to be a familial cancer that you are at high risk for you can be referred for additional screening and this would all be on the NHS. However this is only for certain cancers where there is a strong proven link etc.

I totally agree with your point though, she is incapable of seeing things from any other POV, the only issues in the world are ones that directly affect Lily.

Reactions: 8
She did know this as she said in her vlog last year about moles that she didn’t get checked whilst pregnant with Grey as it was pointless and difficult since they’d change whilst she was pregnant…

Its like she went to the doctor just so she could complain about the NHS.
She’s even dumber then.

Reactions: 4
Why does Lily always feel the need to show us her ‘crapp-y’ behind the scenes days? Her content is tit now and has been tit for the past 2 years.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Screenshot_20210804-132632.png

Honestly what is the matter with her?
These are packet noodles right with what looks like some veg, prawns and egg I'm assuming?
She might cry?! Why is she acting like some Michelin star chef?
She is in her mid thirties and this is some basic student level food preparation (can't even bring myself to call it cooking).

• Haha
Reactions: 43
View attachment 696004

Honestly what is the matter with her?
These are packet noodles right with what looks like some veg, prawns and egg I'm assuming?
She might cry?! Why is she acting like some Michelin star chef?
She is in her mid thirties and this is some basic student level food preparation (can't even bring myself to call it cooking).
I literally just came on to say exactly this. She has piled some normal fridge staples into instant noodles and thinks she is a genius. I ate like this every lunch time, 10 years ago, because I was a student and it was all I could afford!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Imagine she is so posh that it is her first time trying instant ramen. Shocking

ABAF55D6-F3AE-416D-9575-4B079D8F7E56.jpeg
@dee_mc she has a big mouth there hmmmm! I will see myself out!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
I hope all the poor college students and Asians took the piss out of her in DMs for that “content”.

How difficult is it to buy a package of vermicelli noodles in the water and make your own ramen. It’s not. And maybe it would make enough for Grey to have some too 🥴

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.