Lily Pebbles #25 idk the pandemic was weird, Rich, come pluck my beard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On a related note, I think the piece that Lily is missing about the maternity clothes vs sizing up in non-maternity clothing, ironically, is that nobody is showing their pregnant reality on Instagram. Maternity clothes are not very stylish, they are at best pretty basic and meant for comfort. The skinny "fashion" influencers she follows don't want to look basic and relatable in H&M maternity clothing, they want to sell expensive fashion pieces so they size up in non-maternity clothing for the gram and affiliate links. Guaranteed, that they are wearing over the bump leggings and stretchy dresses in their time off.
There are some stylist maternity clothes. I bought a few Isabella Oliver items for my pregnancies. I would definitely recommend buying a few maternity items rather than sizing up. Maternity items expand with you.

Reactions: 9
Beware of all the incoming Our Place pan ads from Gleamers. Anna is doing it, now Lily. Who’s next?!?

What is her bleeping deal with not wanting to buy maternity wear?!? All the places she normally shops at - Zara, H&M, Asos - have maternity lines and a lot of the clothing is the same as the main line BUT CUT FOR A PREGNANT BODY. Is it inherent fatphobia (not equating pregnancy with fatness at all, but the fact that her body is obviously “bigger”)? Is it because she’s just so immature? This whole “I don’t know what my style is anymore” (assuming she had it in the first place LOL) thing is so tired. She does nothing to help herself. Did she expect her body wouldn’t change or that her now wider hips would just revert back to pre-baby? I saw a meme today saying that humans aren’t rocks. Our bodies are meant to fluctuate depending on all sorts of factors. Her neuroses are not only going to get passed on to Grey, but they’re also being internalized by her pregnant followers (or even those living in bigger bodies). For her own sake and the sake of the idiots who follow her, she needs to suck it up and either hire a personal stylist or try out some maternity lines. EASY CONTENT YA TWIT.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
I think Lily's obstinance on not buying maternity clothes are due to a few reasons: 1) Lily does not want to "invest" money on clothes that she see's she will wear for a "temporary period of time" which is ludicrous b/c most women still wear their pregnancy clothing post-partum for a few months so it equates to a year if not more and given pregnancy and post-partum are the times one tend to be the most uncomfortable is precisely why you should invest in a few key pieces. 2) Part of the reason Lily was popular a few years ago was her figure and she could eat and wear anything and not have to worry since she didn't have to put any effort for her body. Now Lily realizes her body and hair require more effort and she's bitter about it since image is everything in the influencer industry hence why she looks the way she does now. 3) Mummy vlogger: Lily vehemently does not want to be a "mummy vlogger" so she buys non maternity clothing in the hope to keep her non pregnant viewers engaged fashion wise and to hopefully get them to swipe up. Lily doesn't realize her viewers (like Anna's) watch her as a form of entertainment/distraction/ridicule hence why vlogs and the podcasts do well but not her fashion/beauty content on any social media platform. It's not Lily's figure that makes her uninspiring its her personality. Lily follows trends to a tee but the problem is is that so does every white middle class cis female influencer. Why would ppl take recs from someone who copies everyone else's content and whose constant facial expressions vacillate between irritation and taking a tit?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Beware of all the incoming Our Place pan ads from Gleamers. Anna is doing it, now Lily. Who’s next?!?

What is her bleeping deal with not wanting to buy maternity wear?!? All the places she normally shops at - Zara, H&M, Asos - have maternity lines and a lot of the clothing is the same as the main line BUT CUT FOR A PREGNANT BODY. Is it inherent fatphobia (not equating pregnancy with fatness at all, but the fact that her body is obviously “bigger”)? Is it because she’s just so immature? This whole “I don’t know what my style is anymore” (assuming she had it in the first place LOL) thing is so tired. She does nothing to help herself. Did she expect her body wouldn’t change or that her now wider hips would just revert back to pre-baby? I saw a meme today saying that humans aren’t rocks. Our bodies are meant to fluctuate depending on all sorts of factors. Her neuroses are not only going to get passed on to Grey, but they’re also being internalized by her pregnant followers (or even those living in bigger bodies). For her own sake and the sake of the idiots who follow her, she needs to suck it up and either hire a personal stylist or try out some maternity lines. EASY CONTENT YA TWIT.
I think that convo was also partly to get a sly dig in on Anna who has said previously that she’s been purchasing items in bigger sizes for her pregnancy, including the very leggings that Lily was referencing

Reactions: 15
I think that convo was also partly to get a sly dig in on Anna who has said previously that she’s been purchasing items in bigger sizes for her pregnancy, including the very leggings that Lily was referencing
It was totally a dig at Anna. I thought the same. Lily will take any opportunity to have a dig at her 'work wife'.

So, that was a 'work day' for Lily, right? Her work day consisted of folding clothes and eating sushi. What a life!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
I just can't get over her outfit choices these days... I'm the same age as her and definitely can't see myself wearing the interesting combo of cycling shorts and a beige baggy t-shirt any time soon 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Oh. Manzo.
I forgot about the Special K debacle and how she lost her tit, and what absolute crap that video was anyway.
I hope she doesn’t use her lack of personality for her crap videos again in a few months’ time. She’s never had a personality, not even before Hee, and she won’t have one after Her II or Him I.
How did she react? I can’t remember her reaction, just the ridiculous video 🙈

I really feel for Grey in the coming years watching back videos of her mother just passive aggressively sniping at her own infant child and essentially blaming her for everything she dislikes about herself and her life. Can only imagine what it’s going to do for her self esteem…

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I can’t remember the special K thing, would anyone mind explaining what happened?
Nothing special about it, really... She did an ad for Special K despite saying for years how she does not like having breakfast. She was clearly hating every minute of it, pretending to enjoy it.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The Special K ad - Lily posted a vlog with step by step instructions how to eat the cereal. Also that eating it was turning her into a morning person. Cue some followers questioning her authenticity. Lily goes straight to victim status. Some old gossip pages here to give a flavour. It was quite a basic thing really, just handled it very badly. And it seemed to be one of those minor things that was the straw that broke the camels back for some people not trusting her recommendations any more and wising up to her greed. Remember this was before there was as much disclosure of paid/gifted stuff.

Tldr; she was too greedy to turn down an ill-fitting promotion and it was everyone else’s fault

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 17
The Special K ad - Lily posted a vlog with step by step instructions how to eat the cereal.

Tldr; she was too greedy to turn down an ill-fitting promotion and it was everyone else’s fault
The twitter screenshots of Lily lamenting on the "feedback" she's received on the Special K job say alot. Did she never have a performance evaluation at work? Influencers for better or worse, capitalized and sold their privacy - no more, no less. No one asked them to, they CHOSE to share what the inside of their homes look like, their spouses/family as well as personal moments such as holidays, birthdays, eating habits, pregnancy and births. They did this because they made mad money on a schedule that is quite frankly insulting when you think of mid-level career directors in the NHS or even nurses who will never make as much money nor own their homes the way these influencers do nor have the generous work/life balance that influencers have. However that mad money and generous lifestyle came at a price. I'm not advocating or defending people who are abusive online but feedback is not the same as abuse. I understand that the feedback one receives can be take a toll for many influencers but again no one forced them to capitalize on their private life and they did so and continue to do so for a reason. Lily could have honestly answered why she chose to do that Special K job and instead she got defensive b/c she did it purely for money which was obvious to her viewers and she hates the fact that she got "caught". Influencers can always go get a regular job where they can have their privacy and no one can give them feedback on their lives and tbf some have. However Lily (and many influencers - Anna included) will only quit once it's no longer lucrative to be an influencer and not a moment sooner.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
This! This isn't the first time that Lily has made an indirect dig at Anna about wearing regular clothes in a larger size. In another video, she says something like pregnant women that just size up in jeans are mad and she doesn't understand it. Anna has made a big song and dance about not buying any mat clothes, she seems to wear it like a badge of honour. When her friend gave her some mat clothes she gave us a whole speech about it. Lily has bought / worn mat clothes from quite early on. If Lily is whining about her clothes its probably because she feels jealous that Anna is still wearing a lot of her regular not mat clothes.

Reactions: 10
This! This isn't the first time that Lily has made an indirect dig at Anna about wearing regular clothes in a larger size. In another video, she says something like pregnant women that just size up in jeans are mad and she doesn't understand it. Anna has made a big song and dance about not buying any mat clothes, she seems to wear it like a badge of honour. When her friend gave her some mat clothes she gave us a whole speech about it. Lily has bought / worn mat clothes from quite early on. If Lily is whining about her clothes its probably because she feels jealous that Anna is still wearing a lot of her regular not mat clothes.
This doesn’t even make sense, because what do you do with all your huge sized up clothes when you aren’t pregnant any more? That’s less efficient/cost effective/wasteful than buying three or four maternity staples to mix in with your wardrobe of things that still fit?

Reactions: 23
I don't really blame Lily for her digs at Anna. Anna is just so smug it's nauseating. I always laugh when Lily does this because it's just so obvious she's talking about Anna, lol. Also, Anna spent wads of cash (or let's be real, vouchers) on expensive jeans 2/3 sizes up that she will wear for a few months. Oh, and to start with this was partly done in order to hide her bump from her followers, because Anna is just so clever like that and nobody would guess she was pregnant if she was wearing regular jeans. *giggle*

Reactions: 28
I don't understand Anna's fear of maternity clothes. They've gone a long way from the smocks and yellow dungarees of the 1980's. Obviously it would be OTT to do huge hauls, but a few well chosen basics are sensible. They expand with you, are more comfortable and can be used for future pregnancies. It seems far more sensible than buying yet more incredibly expensive clothes but in much bigger sizes.

Reactions: 19
I don't understand Anna's fear of maternity clothes. They've gone a long way from the smocks and yellow dungarees of the 1980's. Obviously it would be OTT to do huge hauls, but a few well chosen basics are sensible. They expand with you, are more comfortable and can be used for future pregnancies. It seems far more sensible than buying yet more incredibly expensive clothes but in much bigger sizes.
No me neither. A lot of my normal clothes still worked through my pregnancies but who isn’t buying a pair of maternity jeans?!

I can understand why Lily doesn’t like pregnancy fashion. This time I was working from home and with lockdown etc I didn’t really make much effort with clothes and really missed with my first where I wore loads of maternity dresses and dressed up in general. Lily doesn’t have anywhere to go or anything to do so I’m not surprised she’s struggling

Reactions: 5
I’m surprised no one talks about the time Lily gave a tutorial on how to make a picture collage on the wall of her bedroom. She just taped up pictures and that was it lmao.

i am pregnant and would love to see a maternity fashion video. What easy money she could have made from doing one properly instead of just folding and vacuum packing clothes. I was so desperate for content I watched her old maternity haul from last pregnancy and it was all ugly + she spoke about how she could use it for future pregnancies. Sure Lily.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Guys, Anna doesn’t talk about mat clothes because she can’t AF the tit out of it. The percentage of women pregnant is much lesser. Is all about the money

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.