Lily Pebbles #25 idk the pandemic was weird, Rich, come pluck my beard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lily is such a narrow-minded, ignorant, and self-centered person. It's kind of mind-boggling the amount of tit she's said over the years on the internet--and she consistently fails to realize how bad it sounds?! She seems to think of herself as this modern, forward-thinking person but it's actually the complete opposite. It's painfully obvious she actually has very archaic, traditionalist views; looks down on anything foreign or anyone who doesn't live exactly the same way she does; and has no interest in anything that doesn't directly affect her or isn't directly relevant to her bubble. She has this condescending look on her face or tone in her voice whenever she's talking about things that are foreign to her.

She would never consider living abroad (or even in another city within England!) because she can't imagine for a second how anything could possibly be better than the one place she was born and raised in (even though she barely takes advantage of London at all, e.g. if her idea of an exciting place to go is Space NK at King's Cross then I think that says it all). She thinks her way of life is the superior way of life, period. She's lived such a sheltered existence, with so little personal development because she's never been challenged in any way. She has no curiosity about anything, no desire to ever shake things up or move any of her boundaries. She assumes the way her parents raised her has got to be the best so she replicates it, she assumes living in London (or rather, her own little area in North London) has got to be the best so she stays there--even though she's never even tried anything different so she wouldn't know! She just takes whatever she knows to be the right option.

She's resentful to anyone she knows who's moved abroad (Hannah, Keisha, etc.) because THEY have inconvenienced HER. She probably thinks they are selfish for "doing this" to their friends and family. She wouldn't ever consider how beneficial these moves might have been for her friends. I've moved abroad twice (left my home country 6 years ago and have lived in two different countries since) and I can't express the amount of growth I've gotten from it. It's been totally life-changing, challenging, rewarding, I could go on. All things I think Lily of all people could really learn from. It's been HARD of course but what I've gained from it is worth all the sacrifices I've had to make. I would 100% do it all over again and advise anyone to do the same. The way Lily talks about her friends who've decided to move abroad makes me think, imagine for one second if her kids wanted to move abroad? She wouldn't let them!!

She literally lives on the same street as her sister, and her other sister is also down the road. Their parents are in the same neighborhood. She can't even imagine living in a different area of London, away from them, let alone in a different city in the UK, let alone in a different country. She sounds like the least independent, most co-dependent person ever. She can't deal with not having her ENTIRE family around her at all times (she doesn't seem to care one bit about the fact that Rich is away from his family? they never seem to see his side of the family except for one weekend per year where they drive up!). She can't deal with Rich working full time or even working in the office part time, she needs him to be at home with her at all times. She literally lived with her parents and her boyfriend till she was 28. For someone who keeps going on about how her pregnancies have made her "lose her personality," she just doesn't seem like she's EVER had a personality of her own? She just lives the same old life as her parents and sisters did/do. They even have the same house! Her sister's house looks identical to hers. Her world is so tiny and narrow, it's scary.

The whole "our family challenges gender stereotypes" narrative she keeps trying to push also illustrates this contradiction between the way she views herself versus how conservative she really is. She thinks that just because she makes more money than her husband and he looks after their child for half the week, their household is somehow a model of feminism and wokeness. In reality, had she not lucked out with this Youtube career and instead been in an average office job, she would 100% expect Rich to bring in as much money as possible for them while she steps down and looks after the kids at home. She is the woman who refuses to do anything manual or anything that's considered "manly." Challenging gender stereotypes only interests her insofar as she gets to do less and put more burden on her husband's shoulders. It's nothing to do with ideals or principles, nothing to do with equality. It's just about her own little comfort and getting away with being even lazier than she already is.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 98
may not go down well but it annoys me so much hearing upper class white people who move to other white countries and talk about it extensively. "omg i could never leave my friends and family behind!" consider the millions of people who willingly make the choice to do those things to give their children/ themselves a relatively easier life, in white countries that don't cater to non-white people. anna and lily are truly obnoxious.
This. The inability to recognize how easy it would be for her to move, how she speaks the lingua franca of our time and to act like it’s such a big deal in the year 2021, like we don’t have technology to connect us. The pandemic makes it scary to imagine being far from family, that’s the only exception I’ll give her, and maybe I’m being generous bc I haven’t seen my family in 3 years due to it. I’ve lived in 8 different countries and yes, it can be stressful, especially nowadays when moving a household. Long gone are the days when I could do it just by paying for an extra checked bag; we’re in shipping cargo and pet passport territory now🙄

BUT I never take it for granted and feel a huge amount of guilt that I can move in this way - everybody documented, down to the freaking cat, with a service to safely move our belongings into a home that we’ve flown ahead to sign contracts on and have painted while we wait in a nice Airbnb.

In my last 2 countries, both of our cleaning women, who helped me pack and organize for the move, were undocumented. They came to these countries on buses, knowing they would stay illegally, not knowing when they would see their families again, but still taking that risk to make a better life for their families. They don’t want to live alone and scrub toilets, they do it because they have to, or their kids would have no hope of finishing school or their mothers having medical care as they are. (Interesting side note, they are on different continents, but both these families are matriarchal for 3 generations. All the men either died, dipped out or were domestic abusers and the women left.)

Lily is such an ignorant dick that she would totally act like moving to BE or NL would be such a trauma and hardship. Ipsos has US offices as well - but what’s more, everyone can be remote now! They could go anywhere! She is just so ENTITLED that she doesn’t understand the plight of economic migrants, and how any move she theoretically might make would be so easy in comparison. This is yet another example of her inability to recognize her privilege and not be a parochial twit.

There’s a lot of convo about the American mumfluencer Courtney Adamo, who is so annoying. She moved to Byron with her 5(!) kids. Without any special skills according to the AUS visa rubric, her family magically lives there now, while thousands of non-white, non-native English speakers are warehoused in immigrant camps offshore.

Being white, rich and an English speaker basically means any expat experience is an adventure. Lily is so myopic she doesn’t realize that. Anna might have a better grasp on that via her sister’s experience. Lily also doesn’t realize part of what makes London an incredible city is that it is a multi-cultural, globalized city full of millions who have survived international moves!

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
Exactly, if Lily is so concerned her daughter is not experiencing different cultures, she does not need to look any further than her precious London.

Reactions: 12
I love how many of us have moved abroad. Funny how the Brits just threw the opportunity away because there is a need to protect the negligible fishing industry. Of course, for Grey to stay at home

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Belgian from Brussels here and I can confirm that she would 100% be fine and wouldn't even need to learn the language. Same in the Netherlands... There's a real expat community there with big pharma companies and the European parliament amongst other things. I worked as a barista in the EU Quarter and I would speak English 90% of the time at work because most of the clients were expats. We don't eat beans on toast here, though, so I'm not sure she would survive...
I can definitely picture Lily do an Amanda-Holden-at-Eurovision and her not being able to hear the difference between French and Dutch/Flemish. 🤣
Jesus I should start reading my messages before I post them :censored:

Reactions: 5
2E66E469-FC28-4513-8C61-7DF14FA69CE3.png

It’s still a weekday, right?? So whose “work” day is it? This looks like a weekend project for when you’re, you know, not doing your actual job, but somehow this takes two supposedly functioning adults to do (or one doing it and one filming it for groundbreaking content). Though all I see is rich the witch working for lily the boss. This is exactly the kind of task lily the feminist should be able to do all by herself since I’m sure she’s the orchestrator of this project.

Reactions: 32
View attachment 653353
It’s still a weekday, right?? So whose “work” day is it? This looks like a weekend project for when you’re, you know, not doing your actual job, but somehow this takes two supposedly functioning adults to do (or one doing it and one filming it for groundbreaking content). Though all I see is rich the witch working for lily the boss. This is exactly the kind of task lily the feminist should be able to do all by herself since I’m sure she’s the orchestrator of this project.
Am I right to say they need to treat the wood before they put it outside? Look, they challenged the gender norms again. Lily instructing and Rich doing.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I love how many of us have moved abroad. Funny how the Brits just threw the opportunity away because there is a need to protect the negligible fishing industry. Of course, for Grey to stay at home
Don't. I try and forget about this as much as possible! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Re a recent post, Lily and Anna are definitely not upper class. I'd consider them middle class, but definitely not upper middle.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Ipsos has offices in NI and Brussel, Belgium.If there is an secondment opportunity in both of these countries, I would do it. She is going there an expat, not some poor students, she can still maintain her standard of living. Just to show how narrow minded they are. No one told her that white people can survive outside of a predominantly white country
My partner is in a place where there are lots of secondment opportunities, if given a chance I will do it. I think Netherlands will be a big one.
I think she’d be uncomfortable with all of us Dutchies speaking foreign.

Reactions: 12
They actually did take Grey to the south of France. We may have all erased this from our memories as it was spectacularly painful.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
They actually did take Grey to the south of France. We may have all erased this from our memories as it was spectacularly painful.
She moaned about the toilet for not having a changing facilities and she had to change her on the floor hahaha LMAO!

Tattle served me this ad. Imagine lily eating frikandel. She won’t last a minute outside of bungled greens or wherever the f she lives.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
She only likes Richmond sausage.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Tattle served me this ad. Imagine lily eating frikandel. She won’t last a minute outside of bungled greens or wherever the f she lives.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
I am Dutch living in the UK and I miss kroketten and twice cooked chips. Why isn't FEBO a thing here, it would do so well...*cries*

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.