Lily Pebbles #25 idk the pandemic was weird, Rich, come pluck my beard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
15 mins in to the podcast and they're making excuses about why they never / would never move abroad.

Lily said Rich would move to another country in a heartbeat and it just made me feel sorry for him that much more. Those are the kinds of fundamental differences in life ambitions and values that cause resentment or breakdowns of relationships. You'll always regret the things you didn't do, and it just seems like he's really trapped now. His own fault I guess 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
Someone tell Lily she is about 2 years late on the Oatly bandwagon and it's no longer cool to rave about them. The cool kids have all moved onto Minor Figures.
Oatly? I thought Lily was such a big fan of the glass milk bottles from Milk & More, that were delivered at her doorstep, just like in the olden days.

DC38EED6-8D3E-4287-99AF-40C948772362.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Guys she wouldn’t even want to live outside of a London…

15 mins in to the podcast and they're making excuses about why they never / would never move abroad.

Lily said Rich would move to another country in a heartbeat and it just made me feel sorry for him that much more. Those are the kinds of fundamental differences in life ambitions and values that cause resentment or breakdowns of relationships. You'll always regret the things you didn't do, and it just seems like he's really trapped now. His own fault I guess 🤷‍♀️
Because Lily’s life path is about ticking boxes. House and second kid and bigger house next. Moving abroad would mean she would lag behind her life goals.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Does she say why she wouldn't move abroad?

Reactions: 4
Ipsos has offices in NI and Brussel, Belgium.If there is an secondment opportunity in both of these countries, I would do it. She is going there an expat, not some poor students, she can still maintain her standard of living. Just to show how narrow minded they are. No one told her that white people can survive outside of a predominantly white country
My partner is in a place where there are lots of secondment opportunities, if given a chance I will do it. I think Netherlands will be a big one.

Reactions: 20
Ipsos has offices in NI and Brussel, Belgium.If there is an secondment opportunity in both of these countries, I would do it. She is going there an expat, not some poor students, she can still maintain her standard of living. Just to show how narrow minded they are. No one told her that white people can survive outside of a predominantly white country
But also most places in Europe such as Brussels or Belgium would probably be considered predominantly white countries. It would just be learning a new language which as we learnt from the LA vlog where she mocked the girls in an Uber for speaking a different language, lily is far too ignorant to do.

I actually think she probably assumes any country that doesn’t speak English or isn’t a massive tourist destination (paris for example) then it’s a third world country. She doesn’t understand that most places have the same or even better way fo living than we do here.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
But also most places in Europe such as Brussels or Belgium would probably be considered predominantly white countries. It would just be learning a new language which as we learnt from the LA vlog where she mocked the girls in an Uber for speaking a different language, lily is far too ignorant to do.

I actually think she probably assumes any country that doesn’t speak English or isn’t a massive tourist destination (paris for example) then it’s a third world country. She doesn’t understand that most places have the same or even better way fo living than we do here.
I have a feeling that she can get by with just English in Brussels, a lot of these Western Europe countries speak good English and some even speak and write better than her. I don’t get influencers, like ITF, who will only travel when it is gifted

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Yes. Poor and stupid!
Considering how limited her life is she only has herself and a handful of family members, maybe some friends, to rely on for reference. Based on snippets of these people from her vlogs and some social media accounts, I’d say they are not a very intellectually ambitious bunch. So yes, I think she truly believes that this is the level most people are at (including herself) rather than thinking we’re stupid.

Reactions: 11
I haven't listened to the podcast, but it's not like if she left the UK she would be a single female with no friends or family nearby. She would be with her husband! She's also self employed and very fortunate to be in a position to be able to do her job from virtually anywhere in the world. So it's not like she would have to go down to the job centre in a country that doesn't speak English. Lily is 100% that partner that would make Rich turn down an amazing job opportunity abroad because of how it would impact her life.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Lily "It breaks my heart that I haven't been able to travel with Grey....Important to experience different culture"

Babe, kids don't remember. Experience different culture? Just go down to Dishoom Lily

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Lily "It breaks my heart that I haven't been able to travel with Grey....Important to experience different culture"

Babe, kids don't remember. Experience different culture? Just go down to Dishoom Lily
Its almost like grey is only 2… and has a whole life ahead of her that lily can take her travelling.

or does having a second baby mean they can never leave the house again?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Its almost like grey is only 2… and has a whole life ahead of her that lily can take her travelling.

or does having a second baby mean they can never leave the house again?
Ikr, I can't even remember anything happened before 12. Anna's sister has an interesting life in NZ, she done fruit picking, nanny, work in vineyard, being on medical trial, you name it she got it. OMG imagine her sister were to do a YT channel!

Reactions: 21
I’ve lived abroad on and off since I was 16 (always in non-English speaking countries) and while I totally understand it’s not for everyone and for many it’s just not possible - I have a lot of friends who have never left the US - I know that I’ll never look back and think “gee I wish I hadn’t done that”. I get really frustrated by people like Lily and Anna who sit comfortably in their little bubbles and then look down on people who decide on different life paths, especially as they both have the financial means to move abroad without batting an eye. And as others have said, their jobs allow them to work anywhere! Most spouses don’t have that option.

And honestly, she wouldn’t live abroad because of family? Please. Maybe a little distance from them would do her good.

• Heart
I’ve lived abroad on and off since I was 16 (always in non-English speaking countries) and while I totally understand it’s not for everyone and for many it’s just not possible - I have a lot of friends who have never left the US - I know that I’ll never look back and think “gee I wish I hadn’t done that”. I get really frustrated by people like Lily and Anna who sit comfortably in their little bubbles and then look down on people who decide on different life paths, especially as they both have the financial means to move abroad without batting an eye. And as others have said, their jobs allow them to work anywhere! Most spouses don’t have that option.

And honestly, she wouldn’t live abroad because of family? Please. Maybe a little distance from them would do her good.
100% this! Moving to the US, Australia, Canada and NZ as a white person isn't tough, they cannot get out of their comfort zone and the need to prioritise life goals > experience, is a race for them.

As a white Brit, she can literally survive everywhere..She won't be in a position where people question her accent, her English,

Naomi moved to India, but she basically lived in Soho House :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Belgian from Brussels here and I can confirm that she would 100% be fine and wouldn't even need to learn the language if she moved there. Same in the Netherlands... There's a real expat community there with big pharma companies and the European parliament amongst other things. I worked as a barista in the EU Quarter and I would speak English 90% of the time at work because most of the clients were expats. We don't eat beans on toast here though, so I'm not sure she would survive...
I can definitely do Lily do an Amanda-Holden-at-Eurovision and make the difference between French and Dutch/Flemish 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
may not go down well but it annoys me so much hearing upper class white people who move to other white countries and talk about it extensively. "omg i could never leave my friends and family behind!" consider the millions of people who willingly make the choice to do those things to give their children/ themselves a relatively easier life, in white countries that don't cater to non-white people. anna and lily are truly obnoxious.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
C20465B1-74E1-4D39-85DA-A80C4D29F075.jpeg

“Thanks for doing most of our work that we get paid handsomely for. Since you didn’t quite finish it off, please continue and also do the rest of our work. Oh, and also be grateful that we are including your work in our podcast. Thanks!”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
What 'different culture' has Lily experienced on family holidays growing up? They always went to the same place in France. Other than eating proper French sticks, hearing French spoken around her, and noticing the shops are closed in the afternoon, what culture will Lily have experienced? She does not even speak a tiny bit of French.

Reactions: 32
What 'different culture' has Lily experienced on family holidays growing up? They always went to the same place in France. Other than eating proper French sticks, hearing French spoken around her, and noticing the shops are closed in the afternoon, what culture will Lily have experienced? She does not even speak a tiny bit of French.
What do you mean, have you not seen all her French slogan T-shirt.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.