Lily Pebbles #22 Moans about her sad hairdo while riding Rich for baby #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree with how influencers like Lily always feel the need to update everything in their home and feel the need to impress people.
I would never in a million years want to be an influencer because it sounds horrible. Sometimes I catch myself (especially now that I’m working from home) and think my life would be easier if I was an influencer as I wouldn’t have long hours, would be able to travel when I wanted as I would have the funds and I’d have a big house. But when I really think about it, I’m happy I get to work a job even though we’ve all been at home, I’m happy I get to save money to travel and really immerse myself in the culture and I’m lucky I have a small room to live in.
These influencers are greedy and they don’t appreciate anything. I feel lucky because I don’t have to show my life online and try to make money from it.
I know some influencers show their life in a tasteful way but the majority of them have lost touch with reality and it really shows.
I see it the same as having to think of new ideas and things to update at work. My job involves a lot of improving existing things, updating and finding ways to make it more efficient. If I could earn as much as influencers by fine tuning my kitchen, wardrobe or makeup bag instead, that would be so easy.

Reactions: 13
Zoe Sugg's story from today...anyone come to mind when she talks about "bleak" name meanings 😂

Reminds me of this article - and I actually think this name is better than Grey!

Attachments

Reactions: 5
Zoe Sugg's story from today...anyone come to mind when she talks about "bleak" name meanings 😂

Reminds me of this article - and I actually think this name is better than Grey!
The first thing I thought was Grey when I read Zoe’s post. Lol imagine Zoe has better sense than you

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The first thing I thought was Grey when I read Zoe’s post. Lol imagine Zoe has better sense than you
I don’t follow Zoe but I was impressed by her spelling in that screen grab… lots of text and I didn’t spot any spelling errors. Anna nor Lily could write that much without a mistake!

It’s a hexagon shape, you absolute moron.

A020AFD4-73F5-49AA-A69C-8970B5B835CA.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Lily goes on about her larder. It isn't even a larder. It's just a big cupboard. A larder is like a walk in wardrobe for food. ( We have one).

Reactions: 36
I see it the same as having to think of new ideas and things to update at work. My job involves a lot of improving existing things, updating and finding ways to make it more efficient. If I could earn as much as influencers by fine tuning my kitchen, wardrobe or makeup bag instead, that would be so easy.
Thing is, it's so wasteful. It's different if you're improving systems or projects for efficiency but to basically redo a kitchen 3 years after it was installed for the sake of content is kinda gross. This is why i (now) tend to follow 'content creators' who have a 'skill' whether that be up cycling furniture or proper interiors knowledge or even crafting. They provide something of value whereas the likes of Lily and Anna are vacuous and encourage waste and instant gratification.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Thing is, it's so wasteful. It's different if you're improving systems or projects for efficiency but to basically redo a kitchen 3 years after it was installed for the sake of content is kinda gross. This is why i (now) tend to follow 'content creators' who have a 'skill' whether that be up cycling furniture or proper interiors knowledge or even crafting. They provide something of value whereas the likes of Lily and Anna are vacuous and encourage waste and instant gratification.
Yes, that's the nasty side of having to update things all the time. To be honest even upcycling influencers I follow create so much waste. Someone like Lone Fox, The Sorry Girls, Xo Macenna etc are buying materials and creating things just for content, some of it gets used, but often is replaced within a year.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
It was cheap free, now she’s going for expensive free! 😂
Does anyone believe for a moment her claim the door handles are worn out where she went ‘cheap’? Sounds like such an excuse. Just be honest and say I’ve had the opportunity to upgrade my handles. It’s snide to claim they are worn out after a couple of years. Just getting people worried about going for handles that are cheaper. I’ve never seen gold handles wear out. Has she been hanging off them all day or something 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Didn't she get the same handles for her bedroom furniture? I think she replaced them last year or even before?

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Does anyone believe for a moment her claim the door handles are worn out where she went ‘cheap’? Sounds like such an excuse. Just be honest and say I’ve had the opportunity to upgrade my handles. It’s snide to claim they are worn out after a couple of years. Just getting people worried about going for handles that are cheaper. I’ve never seen gold handles wear out. Has she been hanging off them all day or something 🤣
probably ‘worn out’ because they’ve never been washed & no one told her she had to clean the door handles too...

• Haha
Reactions: 34
The lack of work really is quite astounding, it's been days with very limited posting other than to beg for a new kitchen and lie about balloon arches (of all things), and still no explanation for the lack of video.

I would love to see Lily try to do a month in a "regular" job where she has to be out of the house to commute, drop her child off at childcare, and have non negotiable deadlines at work, she really wouldn't know what hit her!

Reactions: 40
The lack of work really is quite astounding, it's been days with very limited posting other than to beg for a new kitchen and lie about balloon arches (of all things), and still no explanation for the lack of video.

I would love to see Lily try to do a month in a "regular" job where she has to be out of the house to commute, drop her child off at childcare, and have non negotiable deadlines at work, she really wouldn't know what hit her!
Man. I would LOVE to see her teach 18-25 year olds. I’ve got 12 lecture hours tomorrow (to make up for days off on Thursday & Friday, and she’d not even make it through 5 minutes.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Weren't those handles gifted by The Frugality or something? Anyway, I found the handles she showed yesterday really gimmicky imo. Definitely won't stand the test of time

Reactions: 15
Weren't those handles gifted by The Frugality or something? Anyway, I found the handles she showed yesterday really gimmicky imo. Definitely won't stand the test of time
The door handles were gifted from Alexandra Stedman's parents' locksmith shop, the cabinet handles were sourced from another place but apparently weren't good quality (whatever that means to Lily)

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.