Lily Pebbles #11 Teeth appear, gifted vAneers! Shame they won’t rescue your dying career

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's clear she's been begging for work and then it seems maybe she got some and has been complaining about being overwhelmed for two days. Who would want to work with that?

Making a honey cake baking video should have been easy content for her. She could have shared her culture with a food that easily acceptable across a wide audience. It seems though that unless its sponsored she just won't make content.

There is zero growth, zero initiative, zero creativity, zero work. Girl maybe stop while you can still hold on to a small shred of dignity

Also, I still find it insane that Gleam hasn't dropped her. Anna and Lily basically share a following and have similar stats. Anna though is getting work from Armani, Lancome, and LG. Lily got a crappy sunscreen. They are essentially duplicates with the only difference being Anna can still bring in the money from larger brand deals. If I was Gleam I would cut the dead weight

Reactions: 39
It's clear she's been begging for work and then it seems maybe she got some and has been complaining about being overwhelmed for two days. Who would want to work with that?

Making a honey cake baking video should have been easy content for her. She could have shared her culture with a food that easily acceptable across a wide audience. It seems though that unless its sponsored she just won't make content.

There is zero growth, zero initiative, zero creativity, zero work. Girl maybe stop while you can still hold on to a small shred of dignity

Also, I still find it insane that Gleam hasn't dropped her. Anna and Lily basically share a following and have similar stats. Anna though is getting work from Armani, Lancome, and LG. Lily got a crappy sunscreen. They are essentially duplicates with the only difference being Anna can still bring in the money from larger brand deals. If I was Gleam I would cut the dead weight
This! Especially with the honey cake; she could have really highlighted Jewish culture, which she is claiming she is embracing openly now. She seems really disingenuous, as if today she thought ‘better highlight I’m Jewish today’ then proceed not to mention anything anymore. She did it the other week with the fish balls as her ‘favourite snack’.

Reactions: 17
Bet Lily would love to do a joint channel with Anna like wearetwinset so Anna could do all the work. I bet she's gutted they thought of it first. If Gleam were to drop her she would say it was because she's had a baby and/ or antisemitism.

Reactions: 16
This! Especially with the honey cake; she could have really highlighted Jewish culture, which she is claiming she is embracing openly now. She seems really disingenuous, as if today she thought ‘better highlight I’m Jewish today’ then proceed not to mention anything anymore. She did it the other week with the fish balls as her ‘favourite snack’.
As someone who didn’t know much about Judaism, when I viewed the stories about the fish balls I had no idea they were a popular Jewish food until people on here pointed it out. Seeing these stories, I don’t realise she’s sharing her religion. Perhaps that’s the way she wants it to be? For people who don’t know much about Judaism to not realise she’s talking about it?

I must say I’m much more knowledgeable about Judaism now - none of which I attribute to Lily and her lemon drizzle honey cake but mostly to Tattle and my own reading.

Reactions: 14
As someone who doesn’t know much about Judaism, when I viewed the stories about the fish balls I had no idea they were a popular Jewish food until people on here pointed it out. Seeing these stories, I don’t realise she’s sharing her religion. Perhaps that’s the way she wants it to be? For people who don’t know much about Judaism to not realise she’s talking about it?
Of course it’s up to her what she shares on the Internet, as it is with anyone. I am of Jewish heritage so I was aware of Jewish food, holidays and culture. It’s just my opinion that if she is now in a mindset to be open about her Jewish heritage more confidently now, that she could have discussed why honey cake is linked to Jewish New Year. It’s more constructive criticism really. Like she could have said more about moles the other week. She is a ‘content creator’ after all and after everything what has happened this year with Black Lives Matter, I think now is the time social media can be used positively rather than as a platform to show off.

Reactions: 11
Of course it’s up to her what she shares on the Internet, as it is with anyone. I am of Jewish heritage so I was aware of Jewish food, holidays and culture. It’s just my opinion that if she is now in a mindset to be open about her Jewish heritage more confidently now, that she could have discussed why honey cake is linked to Jewish New Year. It’s more constructive criticism really. Like she could have said more about moles the other week. She is a ‘content creator’ after all and after everything what has happened this year with Black Lives Matter, I think now is the time social media can be used positively rather than as a platform to show off.
No, I agree with you. It’s very false and halfhearted of her. Zero effort Beggles.

Reactions: 5
As someone who didn’t know much about Judaism, when I viewed the stories about the fish balls I had no idea they were a popular Jewish food until people on here pointed it out. Seeing these stories, I don’t realise she’s sharing her religion. Perhaps that’s the way she wants it to be? For people who don’t know much about Judaism to not realise she’s talking about it?

I must say I’m much more knowledgeable about Judaism now - none of which I attribute to Lily and her lemon drizzle honey cake but mostly to Tattle and my own reading.
I think you've hit the nail on the head, Lily is doing it in a way that you would have to know about Judaism to get it, and if you didn't it would be easy to overlook and just think she is talking about food for example.

Reactions: 14
I think you've hit the nail on the head, Lily is doing it in a way that you would have to know about Judaism to get it, and if you didn't it would be easy to overlook and just think she is talking about food for example.
A Canadian blogger - Valeria Lipovitsky - is Jewish and took the day off to help her mom prepare the Rosh Hashanah meal for tonight. Though she doesn’t specifically mention what everything is or why it’s important, it was just a video of her and her mom together creating a holiday spread. Lily doesn’t even need to explain, she just needs to show it’s not an afterthought. She could’ve had Rich film her and Grey “baking” or her explaining to Grey the importance of these traditions.

The blinis and caviar Valeria showed did make me salivate though.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Bet Lily would love to do a joint channel with Anna like wearetwinset so Anna could do all the work. I bet she's gutted they thought of it first. If Gleam were to drop her she would say it was because she's had a baby and/ or antisemitism.
💯 but I think a lot of people still like her. I tried to check reddit about her, 90% them dislike her because she is moany beggy and unrelatable. It makes me wonder has Gleam actually cancel their contract with anyone?

She is so lazy, I googled the recipe for honey cake it is seriously not tough. She needs honey and maybe some spices or apple. The honey cake doesn’t require unicorn tears, what makes it so difficult to bake?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
💯 but I think a lot of people still like her. I tried to check reddit about her, 90% them dislike her because she is moany beggy and unrelatable. It makes me wonder has Gleam actually cancel their contract with anyone?
They dropped Susie Verrill after her racist, ableist and generally bigoted tweets resurfaced. Even though it was largely swept under the rug.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Side note, I actually think this sunscreen brand is pretty nice, nearly bought some from Boots but it's very expensive... But they ingredients are good and there are some really high spf options in the range. But yeah, it's not Lancome ;)

Reactions: 1
Does Lily follow Nigella Lawson on Instagram?
I noticed yesterday that Nigella shared a recipe for what she has always called Honey cake, then mentioned in the description that it doesn't actually have any honey in but it has loads of golden syrup so it'd have to do... is this what Lily was trying to do?
She just doesn't have the charm to back it up.

Reactions: 3
Side note, I actually think this sunscreen brand is pretty nice, nearly bought some from Boots but it's very expensive... But they ingredients are good and there are some really high spf options in the range. But yeah, it's not Lancome ;)
She also did razor and deodorant 😂 she is like body care god now

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Does Lily follow Nigella Lawson on Instagram?
I noticed yesterday that Nigella shared a recipe for what she has always called Honey cake, then mentioned in the description that it doesn't actually have any honey in but it has loads of golden syrup so it'd have to do... is this what Lily was trying to do?
She just doesn't have the charm to back it up.
Nigella's Honey Cake has always contained golden syrup rather than honey. It's an old recipe from her Feast book. ( I've made it). She wasn't substituting ingredients on her post.

Reactions: 2
Nigella's Honey Cake has always contained golden syrup rather than honey. It's an old recipe from her Feast book. ( I've made it). She wasn't substituting ingredients on her post.
I know, perhaps my post is badly phrased.
I'm wondering whether Lily saw Nigella's post and went "well if it's ok for Nig to put up a recipe that has no honey in, then surely I can make a posting opportunity out of that cake I randomly made earlier, and I can do a Nigella on it and mention how it's got "loads of" sugar so it'll do the trick" :D

Reactions: 4
I have no issue with Lily being Jewish (a few good friends are) but she seems to be using it for content rather than actually being religious.

She could have today for example done stories about why the day is special and why Jewish people eat these types of food etc. Instead it's a last minute oh it's a Jewish holiday today better say something about it.
She’s not religious. She’s a culturally Jewish. I can understand she doesn’t feel like it’s her place to “teach” people, like many Jewish people these days, she probably doesn’t know enough about it to get into that type of content. And I say this without judgment.

I can understand people who just celebrate their own holidays without having to tell people what they mean every year. I have plenty of Jewish people on my feed, none of them go into detail, but just show their prep for Rosh Hashanah and wish people nice celebrations. Just like others would when celebrating Christmas or whatever without explaining what it all is. Those who are interested can look it up themselves. I’m on Lily’s side with this one.

Reactions: 21
Haha lily giving explanation on anything will be another veneers and vAneers. You may as well read it on wiki

Reactions: 1
I joined Tattle 5 months ago to see if other people were just as fed up with Shilly Pebbles as I was. It feels full circle for me to get my first ever title with Lily!

Title slightly amended from;

New teeth have appeared, gifted vAneers! Shame they won’t rescue your dying career

Highly commendable titles to @zigandzag and @Booklover

Recap on last thread
  • More awful clothes (Olivia Rubin rainbow dress, potato sack top with shoulder pads)
  • Suffered through a silent wedding anniversary weekend at Soho Farm where every moment was on Insta stories
  • Temporary vAneers were fitted, so we finally got a smile!
  • Still can’t spell veneers, even though she has physically sat in a dentists chair to have some fit
  • Work wife sold her flat and moved in with her parents. Lily is on the beg for more renovations to Keep Up With The Newtons, just can’t let Anna enjoy her moment eh?!
  • Begging for a new garden, internal window or glass door, storage cupboards and debating painting AGAIN
  • Took a one day social media break, but posted double the shite the next day
  • Continues to be the mole crusader, released a somber black and white photo on her grid, of course making it about her and her moles, not encouraging people to get them checked out or use SPF.
Thanks for the mention. My 'mood hoover' suggestion will have its moment too at some point I'm sure!
Brilliant thread title. 👏

Reactions: 5
She’s not religious. She’s a culturally Jewish. I can understand she doesn’t feel like it’s her place to “teach” people, like many Jewish people these days, she probably doesn’t know enough about it to get into that type of content. And I say this without judgment.

I can understand people who just celebrate their own holidays without having to tell people what they mean every year. I have plenty of Jewish people on my feed, none of them go into detail, but just show their prep for Rosh Hashanah and wish people nice celebrations. Just like others would when celebrating Christmas or whatever without explaining what it all is. Those who are interested can look it up themselves. I’m on Lily’s side with this one.
Whilst I get you point she is clearly struggling for content and as she now seems to be embracing her culture why not speak about Jewish traditions?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.