Lily James

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Off topic re: LJ, but a lot of Chris Evans fans genuinely irritate me a bit with the buying into his "good boy" reputation. They coddle him like he's a child. His image seemed to turn around a lot after he got cast as Cap in the MCU - allegedly one of his PR team told him to stop doing so many magazine spreads where he took his shirt off if he wanted to obtain more serious roles.
Now he just has to do magazine spreads in really snuggly knitwear like he wore in Knives Out to please people. Love a man in a snuggly jumper.

We want sexy Chris, just need to Google that clip of What's Your Number? 😂

Reactions: 1
I have never watched a film with CE in or any interviews etc so when I google him I’m like... that guy is a film star?! He looks like your vaguely good-looking colleague who works out but is quite dull. Does he have a great personality and/or is he a great actor? I just don’t get it.

Reactions: 5
Off topic re: LJ, but a lot of Chris Evans fans genuinely irritate me a bit with the buying into his "good boy" reputation. They coddle him like he's a child. His image seemed to turn around a lot after he got cast as Cap in the MCU - allegedly one of his PR team told him to stop doing so many magazine spreads where he took his shirt off if he wanted to obtain more serious roles.
He has been so messily drunk so many times, blurting out dumb stuff. The man was literally saying he likes bleeping girls in the butt on I think it was Jimmy Fallon, it was the whispergame. So clearly drunk as hell. Licked a man’s face on the premiere of a marvel movie. And was drinking his bodyweight during an Avengers presstour, Mark Ruffalo filmed him and I got such second hand embarrassment. They want me to believe this man is a saint? He’s actually messy as hell.

Jenny Slate did expose him as a typical dudebro in her book (without naming him) and I definitely believe it. She also massively hinted at him being her worst boyfriend ever in one of her standups after they broke up. And said in a podcast/video that her ex-boyfriend never let her express her emotions (Chris is her only ex-boyfriend, before him she was married she said nothing but sweet things about her ex-husband)

It sounds rude but him not getting those type of roles has nothing to do with taking his shirt off I hope they know that... He’s a big actor because of Marvel but his acting outside of Marvel never blew away. He will never be considered for roles that Ryan Gosling, Brad Pitt or Leonardo Dicaprio get even if he keeps his shirt on...

• Wow
Reactions: 10
He has been so messily drunk so many times, blurting out dumb stuff. The man was literally saying he likes bleeping girls in the butt on I think it was Jimmy Fallon, it was the whispergame. So clearly drunk as hell. Licked a man’s face on the premiere of a marvel movie. And was drinking his bodyweight during an Avengers presstour, Mark Ruffalo filmed him and I got such second hand embarrassment. They want me to believe this man is a saint? He’s actually messy as hell.

Jenny Slate did expose him as a typical dudebro in her book (without naming him) and I definitely believe it. She also massively hinted at him being her worst boyfriend ever in one of her standups after they broke up. And said in a podcast/video that her ex-boyfriend never let her express her emotions (Chris is her only ex-boyfriend, before him she was married she said nothing but sweet things about her ex-husband)

It sounds rude but him not getting those type of roles has nothing to do with taking his shirt off I hope they know that... He’s a big actor because of Marvel but his acting outside of Marvel never blew away. He will never be considered for roles that Ryan Gosling, Brad Pitt or Leonardo Dicaprio get even if he keeps his shirt on...
I mean ... you've said it all haha! That's it exactly.

I agree completely about his acting. Even within the MCU itself he doesn't hold a candle to the likes of RDJ or even Chris Hemsworth in some of the later movies in terms of range.

Reactions: 3
I’m SO far out of the celeb loop my brain automatically read Chris Evans as meaning this man. I was very confused 😂😂

268901C9-7C64-4C4E-9CB9-DABE9FD25246.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I mean ... you've said it all haha! That's it exactly.

I agree completely about his acting. Even within the MCU itself he doesn't hold a candle to the likes of RDJ or even Chris Hemsworth in some of the later movies in terms of range.
I think the character is incredibly one note and saccharine compared to the other characters, so that doesn't help, but agree with you, hes OK. I saw him in Knives Out. He was ok, but the ensemble cast carried the film. A bit like Lily really. Pretty but a very limited range and, exactly the same as Chris, has fans who baby her and think shes a little innocent princess with the nasty big men taking advantage of her, when she, too is messy as hell and probably needs to stop working for 6 months and go get some counselling.

I've never heard of him having any other relationships with women, apart from her and that ended badly. He just seems to shag around. Hes slept with so many actresses yet hardly had a long term relationship. If he is another douchebag then Lily needs to stay single for a while.

I think the character is incredibly one note and saccharine compared to the other characters, so that doesn't help, but agree with you, hes OK. I saw him in Knives Out. He was ok, but the ensemble cast carried the film. A bit like Lily really. Pretty but a very limited range and, exactly the same as Chris, has fans who baby her and think shes a little innocent princess with the nasty big men taking advantage of her, when she, too is messy as hell and probably needs to stop working for 6 months and go get some counselling.

I've never heard of him having any other relationships with women, apart from her and that ended badly. He just seems to shag around. Hes slept with so many actresses yet hardly had a long term relationship. If he is another douchebag then Lily needs to stay single for a while.
Lily is a douchebag as well tho...

He always said that he doesn’t know why his relationships don’t last, and after reading and hearing what Jenny Slate said, this man might actually have some issues that he doesn’t realise he has... one of the big things she said was that he doesn’t listen apparently. And then in an interview he said I need to listen more lmao.

I think Jenny Slate is just the only one who ever came out to say something, and even then she does not mention his name ever.

All these actresses are happily married, in a longterm relationship or engaged now. I thought that was kinda funny...

Maybe he really thought this could be something because she seemed so “sweet”? Her best and closest friends did play into all of it too, they started following him after the London fiasco. And he followed them back altho he had never met them. One of them also randomly commented on one of his posts. So maybe he really believed lmao
She seems to have a lot of friends she pays, like her stylist. There must be some aspect of being friends with someone who's business is making a lot of money out of you where you wonder if they really have your back, or if they are just pushing you into things for their own benefit.
Lily is a douchebag as well tho...

He always said that he doesn’t know why his relationships don’t last, and after reading and hearing what Jenny Slate said, this man might actually have some issues that he doesn’t realise he has... one of the big things she said was that he doesn’t listen apparently. And then in an interview he said I need to listen more lmao.

I think Jenny Slate is just the only one who ever came out to say something, and even then she does not mention his name ever.

All these actresses are happily married, in a longterm relationship or engaged now. I thought that was kinda funny...
Jenny Slate dounds like an interesting woman.

Reactions: 4
.Lily is a douchebag as well tho...

She did an interview around the time she was in Bath with Dominic West where she talked about believing in qanon type conspiracy theories, fortune tellers and shamanic healing. The interviewer pointedly said she thought she knew exactly what she was doing, even though she said she was ' naive'. It sounded like the journalist thought she was talking tit.
I cant work out if the dumb blonde thing is an act to let her get away with more until she decided to shake up her image, if she really is just a bit dumb and will believe anything or if she is going through something and has just pushed the self destruct button.

• Wow
What’s for sure is that she does have the reputation of homewrecker now. I do believe this was to spice up her image and it backfired.
.Lily is a douchebag as well tho...

She did an interview around the time she was in Bath with Dominic West where she talked about believing in qanon type conspiracy theories, fortune tellers and shamanic healing. The interviewer pointedly said she thought she knew exactly what she was doing, even though she said she was ' naive'. It sounded like the journalist thought she was talking tit.
I cant work out if the dumb blonde thing is an act to let her get away with more until she decided to shake up her image, if she really is just a bit dumb and will believe anything or if she is going through something and has just pushed the self destruct button.
do you know what interview this is?

It was this Guardian interview she did in October for some reason i cant post the link but Lily James Guardian will brig it up.

we talk about the state of the world now, in particular the QAnon conspiracy theory, which has people believing that Hillary Clinton and Oprah and Obama “are all part of the thing where they drink babies’ blood. All on Epstein’s jet. I mean, if I read it for long enough – and also I’m horribly gullible and horribly easy to convince, so if someone talked to me passionately about it – I’d probably go, OK, yeah, absolutely.”

Call me by my dead wife's name: can Netflix persuade us we need another Rebecca?
Read more

I find this hard to believe – surely she couldn’t? – but the more she explains her life, the more she turns out to be rather astonishingly available to strangers. There’s not just the shamanic healing that she does “over Zoom, with music and drumming and a healer who has led me through all these different rooms in my brain where I had all these messages: I met my grandmother’s dog Dylan, who taught me to laugh.” Or the time she walked past a fortune-teller on Venice Beach in Los Angeles, “and she came up to me and” – James almost shrieks at the memory – “she said some tit to me that was so right, it was terrifying. But immediately the person I was with said, ‘Come on, Lily, she knows who you are’ which was true, maybe.”

Does she think she absorbs the energy given off by other people, and does that help as an actor? She says yes, but that it can be a hindrance, too. “I think great actors take it and transform it into something new and, I don’t know, sometimes I think I’m too… almost submissive in that way.” Because she’s so influenced by the characters she plays, she says, “it’s weird to wonder if I’d be a different person if I hadn’t played them. That’s quite a depressing thought, actually. You have to have a greater sense of self, which I suppose I’m working on.”

Advertisement

At this point an unexpected pile of cakes appears, which it transpires James has secretly ordered, knowing I had a horrible journey to the interview and might need perking up. It reminds me of the way her characters can sometimes subtly and crisply deliver a whole new angle you didn’t see coming – pivoting, for instance, from dismissable secretary to Churchill’s secret weapon in Darkest Hour. She says she’s gullible, and perhaps she is. But I think Lily James knows exactly what she’s doing.

• Wow
She's great - funny, interesting and very smart!
And Chris' fans were just - awful - to her.
The fact that he didn’t even anything in her defence annoys me so much, this man is always ranting online I felt like he could take atleast a tweet or two to call it out or mention it in an interview. But he never came to her defence...

The fact that he didn’t even anything in her defence annoys me so much, this man is always ranting online I felt like he could take at least a tweet or two to call it out or mention it in an interview. But he never came to her defence...
Wonder if it's an ego thing? If she is more intelligent than him and stood up to him in the relationship, maybe he quite liked his little minions slagging her off online? Although many people just ignore the people trolling their partners and just shut them up by living their lives, like Benedict Cumberbatch, but he has no social media anyway. Didnt they have a quite public break up? He wasnt on my radar until I heard about some issues with them when they split.
Someone on the other thread posted a post from HouseofEffie suggesting Lily was a victim of Armie Hammer. She seems to have gone nuts after Rebecca, but, I dont know, abusers normally go for the weak and defenceless and he seemed to go for fans, who no one would believe, whereas shes a pretty well known actress.

I work in the acting industry - I've never worked with Lily personally but from what I've heard generally is that she comes across as "lovely but dumb as bricks". However her most recent behaviour over 2020 really shows that she's either not a very pleasant person, or that she's been really traumatised by something and that made her act out a lot. I mean, if the Armie Hammer rumour is true, perhaps she was his victim and was traumatised by him; like a previous poster said, Houseofeffie seemed to suggest she was one of his victims.

Reactions: 2
I work in the acting industry - I've never worked with Lily personally but from what I've heard generally is that she comes across as "lovely but dumb as bricks". However her most recent behaviour over 2020 really shows that she's either not a very pleasant person, or that she's been really traumatised by something and that made her act out a lot. I mean, if the Armie Hammer rumour is true, perhaps she was his victim and was traumatised by him; like a previous poster said, Houseofeffie seemed to suggest she was one of his victims.
When I've listened to her being interviewed she does seem quite dim. But would Armie Hammer really choose a fairly well known actress to mess with? I mean obviously it could be that she hooked up with him at a time her relationship was ending and just got in too deep, I suppose. The weirdness with Chris Evan's though and getting him to come to your hotel in Bath, then running off with another douchebag Dominic West weeks later seems either selfish or self destructive. I suppose until she says something no one will ever know. She will have to address the Dominic West/ Armie Hammer things because otherwise it will come up in every single film promotion she does.

When I've listened to her being interviewed she does seem quite dim. But would Armie Hammer really choose a fairly well known actress to mess with? I mean obviously it could be that she hooked up with him at a time her relationship was ending and just got in too deep, I suppose. The weirdness with Chris Evan's though and getting him to come to your hotel in Bath, then running off with another douchebag Dominic West weeks later seems either selfish or self destructive. I suppose until she says something no one will ever know. She will have to address the Dominic West/ Armie Hammer things because otherwise it will come up in every single film promotion she does.
Maybe Armie was just bored. Lily is pretty and very in (at least she was before her scandals in 2020) and he just didn't think too much of it. And the director added a strong physical relationship between their characters which wasn't in the original book or prior film adaptations. All this definitely affected them. If you have to make out with someone a lot on screen, and one of you is a hedonist (Armie) and the other is a bit dim and recently single (Lily) then it's probably natural that something would happen. However it probably was more intense than what she expected.

I still don't get the Chris Evans stuff, or the cocaine in the park scandal... what the hell? I won't even get into Dominic West, he has played her father twice now and he slept with her?

Maybe Armie was just bored. Lily is pretty and very in (at least she was before her scandals in 2020) and he just didn't think too much of it. And the director added a strong physical relationship between their characters which wasn't in the original book or prior film adaptations. All this definitely affected them. If you have to make out with someone a lot on screen, and one of you is a hedonist (Armie) and the other is a bit dim and recently single (Lily) then it's probably natural that something would happen. However it probably was more intense than what she expected.

I still don't get the Chris Evans stuff, or the cocaine in the park scandal... what the hell? I won't even get into Dominic West, he has played her father twice now and he slept with her?
The West thing is definitely some kind of Daddy issue. When she was doing Cinderella, everyone thought she was into Richard Madden ( Barking up the wrong tree there) but apparently she was into Ben Chaplin who also played her father ( although to be fair, he is very attractive!)

Lily's friends have gone to the DM of all places to defend her. Fair play to her, attack is a good form of defence and probably means she wont have to do a confessional interview later on. The comments on the article are being moderated. I wonder why? There was someone on there earlier libelling Matt Smith, so that could be why, or I wonder if her people have paid for the comments to be moderated? They are still harsh though!

Lily's friends have gone to the DM of all places to defend her. Fair play to her, attack is a good form of defence and probably means she wont have to do a confessional interview later on. The comments on the article are being moderated. I wonder why? There was someone on there earlier libelling Matt Smith, so that could be why, or I wonder if her people have paid for the comments to be moderated? They are still harsh though!
Still no, “Lily is very sorry” just a “I slept with a married man and got dragged and it’s not fair”.

You still wrecked a marriage at the end of the day. And if she didn’t get caught she would’ve probably continued to see him. Actions have consequences. Find it very hard to feel sorry for her.

“She went through hell” and what about Armie’s wife and Dominic’s wife? Lily is a very selfish person in my opinion...

• Heart