Lily James

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes that is true. It is completely objective as to who you like or dislike as actors. She does a lot of stuff that is very samey, so if you dislike her in one thing, chances are you are just going to dislike her in a lot of a the other things she does. As you mentioned Emilia Clarke, she has done a greater range of stuff, and she has had a bit of a ropey career post GoT but I like her even though she is not the worlds best actress. She plays characters differently, they come across to me as having depth and nuance. Even though she has not been as successful as LJ, I would watch her happily in anything, whereas I had to fast forward swathes of Pursuit of Love because of her silly immature spoilt posh girl character, but that is the character she plays a lot, so every time I see her, it annoys me and ruins whatever it is Im watching! I haven't seen her on stage because I don't want to spend £50 watching a play that she's in, so chances are I wont ever see her on stage :D I'm sure she's crying all the way to the bank that I don't rate her as an actress though! We like different things and there must be a lot of people who love her for her to have been so successful.
I mean subjective, not objective :D

I’ve seen pictures of Lily and her co star and they don’t look remotely like who they are meant to be playing. Also I feel like it’s such a random film to be made.

Reactions: 3
I’ve seen pictures of Lily and her co star and they don’t look remotely like who they are meant to be playing. Also I feel like it’s such a random film to be made.
Actors don't need to be lookalikes. Look up the best biopics and a significant amount won’t have cast people based on looking like the person.

Reactions: 1
Actors don't need to be lookalikes. Look up the best biopics and a significant amount won’t have cast people based on looking like the person.
True, but there needs to be a passing resemblance unless they are doing something unique which they aren’t in this case.

I just think this is such a bizarre role for her to have taken. Perhaps this is her trying to get out of the box she’s been put in/has chosen to be in with her roles so far but it’s just so strange

Reactions: 5
She trained in guildhall because her father was. Lily James is a nepotism baby, she has managed to get where she is because she was born into it. Your opinion may be that she's a good actress, I find her not that good and quite limited but I would love her to smash this tbh because i feel like she's being wrongly criticised by the media all the time for her love life.

Reactions: 10
The only problem I have/had with her is her going for a married man. That is foul idgaf how you spin it, it will forever be foul sorry.

Other than that her acting is actually decent. I have never had a problem with it. She’s clearly talented.

I have to admit- trashy as it is- I’m loving Pam and Tommy. It’s a little light relief from all the murder documentaries I have a tendency to overindulge in!

Reactions: 8
I have to admit- trashy as it is- I’m loving Pam and Tommy. It’s a little light relief from all the murder documentaries I have a tendency to overindulge in!
Yeah I’m enjoying it too. Not sure why so many here were sure it would be terrible.

The two leads are great at playing the roles without it falling into mimicking.

I just read an article that said Pamela Anderson said she got a letter from Lily about it but didn't reply. She's doing her own documentary now, intrigued to see what she says about it all! I think it was a crappy move to make a show about it without Pamela being on board/supportive of it - insensitive and intrusive, though I haven't seen it so can't really judge how it was done.