Lily Allen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So Lilly Allen is all over the press today cause she has a new book coming out at the end of the month and in it she claims she was sexually assaulted by a record executive while abroad in 2016.

She spent the night heavy drinking with the guy. She couldn’t find her hotel room key so agreed to sleep in his room in his bed. At 5am she woke to find him naked & spooning her, pressing his bits against her, screamed & fled. She claims in 2018 she informed her record label who did nothing & that’s why she is now speaking out.

What’s everyone’s thoughts?

• Wow
Reactions: 7
A guy who had some authority over her sexually assaulted her while she was unconscious?

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Yes that’s what she claims....but never reported to the police & is now using the claim for her PR rounds to sell her book.

Reactions: 4
Another book? It feels like the last one she was only just promoting

She was pretty big and vocal 2016, seems odd she's mentioning it now and didn't go to the police rather than the label.

She should call up Greg Kurstin and do some more hits.

Reactions: 3
So Lilly Allen is all over the press today cause she has a new book coming out at the end of the month and in it she claims she was sexually assaulted by a record executive while abroad in 2016.

She spent the night heavy drinking with the guy. She couldn’t find her hotel room key so agreed to sleep in his room in his bed. At 5am she woke to find him naked & spooning her, pressing his bits against her, screamed & fled. She claims in 2018 she informed her record label who did nothing & that’s why she is now speaking out.

I’m sure reception would’ve had a spare. Surely?

Reactions: 19

I thought but could be wrong, that she either never named him to the company or didn't want anything done anyway? But as I say could be wrong.

Reactions: 1
I thought but could be wrong, that she either never named him to the company or didn't want anything done anyway? But as I say could be wrong.
Yeh I think your right.....I’m just uncomfortable with her now trying make some cash off the back of the story in her book.

Reactions: 6
Lily doesn’t strike me as the type of girl who would have stayed quite at the time. Just my opinion.
Not saying I believe her or I don’t but it’s getting her the attention she needs.

I liked her JL cover of what is a classic Keane song 🙂 Apart from that. I’m gonna pass.

Reactions: 15
Hmm. I don't want to say I don't want to believe her but Lily is pretty mouthy about everything else. Seems a bit tacky to use it to market a new book.

Reactions: 12
Hmm. I don't want to say I don't want to believe her but Lily is pretty mouthy about everything else. Seems a bit tacky to use it to market a new book.
I believe it happened but I read an article just now in The Guardian where she talked about it last year. She didn't report the event to anyone at the time which is completely fair enough - everyone reacts so differently to things - but she is bringing it up again now when a) she was dropped by the company I believe and b) she has a book to sell. I feel horrible even being slightly cynical because you wouldn't want assault to happen to anyone but I got the impression she was very vague with the record company and didn't want them to do anything and now is annoyed they didn't do anything.

Reactions: 10
I think even the most outspoken confident person can be too scared or too traumatised to speak out after such an event. Also maybe she's feeling strong enough to speak about it now after cutting ties with certain people, or maybe through therapy to process it. Maybe profiting from her story actually helps empower her, taking the power back from her abuser. In that case good on her.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
I think even the most outspoken confident person can be too scared or too traumatised to speak out after such an event. Also maybe she's feeling strong enough to speak about it now after cutting ties with certain people, or maybe through therapy to process it. Maybe profiting from her story actually helps empower her, taking the power back from her abuser. In that case good on her.
Yes I agree. I only would quibble with the way she is annoyed with her company when she gave them so little to go on. But god knows it is such a horrible thing and there is no right or wrong here.

Reactions: 3
Those pics of her at Notting Hill a couple of years back, SO CRINGE!

Won’t be reading the book, I think her career is pretty much done now.

Love me some Alfie though!

Reactions: 2
Yeah the book came out a while back. I think it’s in the news again because she spoke about it on a podcast with miquita Oliver.

I really liked the book, it was way more honest and harsh on herself than I expected or it needed to be to seem humble. With the assault she says how in the music industry it’s hard to speak out than in others because artists are tied into multi album contracts with very powerful people pulling the strings.That’s why she thinks there hasn’t be a massive me too movement like in film and tv. Im pretty sure she says the guy who assaulted her later apologised to her so he acknowledges what he did. I believe her.

Reactions: 16
I'm not victim blaming at all here, but oh my goodness, why oh why do people put themselves into dangerous situations? Not just women, men too who will drink and then stagger home and end up getting mugged. Women who drink way too much and spend nights in beds with other people, completely passed out.
There always has and always will be some really evil people in the world who will take advantage of people in vulnerable situations. Sad :(

• Angry
Reactions: 17
I'm not victim blaming at all here, but oh my goodness, why oh why do people put themselves into dangerous situations? Not just women, men too who will drink and then stagger home and end up getting mugged. Women who drink way too much and spend nights in beds with other people, completely passed out.
There always has and always will be some really evil people in the world who will take advantage of people in vulnerable situations. Sad :(
Everything you’ve said is the whole definition of victim blaming. Everyone should be able to live their lives, wear what they want, get drunk, get taxis, whatever, without being under threat of being taken advantage of. It’s the perpetrators who need to change their behaviour, not the victims.

• Heart
Reactions: 124
Everything you’ve said is the whole definition of victim blaming. Everyone should be able to live their lives, wear what they want, get drunk, get taxis, whatever, without being under threat of being taken advantage of. It’s the perpetrators who need to change their behaviour, not the victims.
NO!!!! Perpetrators will always exist, as sad as that is and as much as we can all wish they didn't, the fact is they do. It'd be a very ideal world if we could all just get drunk and be clueless about what we are doing, or just let our children wonder free, but the fact of life is, evil exists. We have to protect ourselves! I'm a survivor and have previously been in positions of danger, and one time the risk unfortunately was too high. Was it my fault? No. Could have I made wiser decisions and possibly prevented what happened from happening? Yes.
Yes, would be amazing to walk around a dangerous city at 3am...but it's dangerous. Yes it would be great to live a life doing what we wanted when we wanted, but it's human nature to assess risks and to protect ourselves from said risks.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.