Life on Mars / Ashes to Ashes

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else a massive fan of both these shows? Noticed they have both on iPlayer!! Can’t wait to rewatch it all. Amazing television and if you haven’t seen either I cannot recommend highly enough!!

I read recently they are thinking of bringing back Sam Tyler (and the Gene Genie of course) but I cannot imagine how. I thought the ending of Life on Mars was pretty perfect.

Do you have a favourite between the two? I love the friendship between Gene and Sam BUT I love the 80s style and soundtrack in Ashes to Ashes. I can’t pick though I adore both 😅

Reactions: 10
I really like Life on Mars but I found Ashes to Ashes a bit...hmmm, it just wasn't as good.

Reactions: 3
I never watched them first time round but they’ve been showing two episodes on Saturday nights on UK tv drama of life on Mars and I love it......last two episodes this week, next week ashes to ashes starts

Reactions: 1
I only watched Ashes to Ashes because I can recall back when Life on Mars was first aired I thought it was a sci fi programme! 🤦‍♀️ Might catch it on iPlayer.

Reactions: 2
I watched them for the first time afew weeks back. Was totally shocked by the clown story. Gene is such a loveable character.

Absolutely loved both first time round, coincidentally also found them on iplayer about November time and got through LoM!

I preferred LoM, although wonder if that’s still the same 10 years + on... I remember feeling both gutted that story was wrapped up and happy that I knew the conclusion at the same time 😂

Bloody loved these!!!! Adored Life on Mars because I love John Simm :love::love: Didn't initially like Ashes to Ashes, but stuck with it and LOVED the last series. Daniel Mays as Keats was genius, and I kinda liked the ending. I cried a lot :ROFLMAO:

It went on iPlayer the day after I finally bought them all on DVD... Bastards!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

How have I not seen this before?! Started watching when kid is I bed earlier this week and I’m hooked!!

loved life on mars and started watching ashes to ashes but have never finished it. got brit box recently so will watch it on there.
i think the creepy pierott clown put me off lol

loved life on mars and started watching ashes to ashes but have never finished it. got brit box recently so will watch it on there.
i think the creepy pierott clown put me off lol
That used to make me jump. To be fair though, I didn't like the little girl with the doll who popped up in Life on Mars either 😂

Loved Life on Mars. One of my most favourite tv shows ever.
Wasn’t as keen on Ashes to Ashes though. I don’t think they got the feel of the 80’s quite right somehow. I won’t spoil the ending for those who haven’t seen it yet, but I found it quite sad and probably not for the reasons you might think.
Not sure how they could do any more episodes with how it all ends.

Currently rewatching this for what I think is the 4th time! The clown storyline still shocks me every time.

Philip Glenister 😍

Love love love it! A huge John simm fan! I watched it the first time round and cried at the end! Borrowed my mums DVDs n rewatched it again and again 🤣 loved ashes to ashes but not as much, think it was cos Alex knew what had happened so was tryin to much to get home!
I’ve watched again on drama when it’s been on w few years ago and then last year found it on iplayer but havnt finished ashes to ashes yet ... can’t remember the end so will be a nice surprise. I think a new Life on Mars would be good to see how it worked for Sam and Annie.
gene Hunts one liners were so funny and so not pc lol

Currently rewatching this for what I think is the 4th time! The clown storyline still shocks me every time.

Philip Glenister 😍
That scene in Ashes where he shoots through the glass whilst Vienna plays in the background... um hot af 😂

actually it’s a tough call on who’s hotter Gene or Alex 😂 Her outfits in the show are everything 👌

Reactions: 3
I was dragged kicking & screaming to watch Life on Mars by my partner & I ended up loving it 😂 Gene is just one of my favourite characters ever. I wasn’t quite as keen on Ashes to Ashes, although I did still enjoy it. I remember feeling a little let down by the ending but I’m not sure if it’s just because it wasn’t what I was expecting 🤔

i loved life on mars but although ive watched Ashes to Ashes ive never managed to het to the later episodes or the end !
Not sure why but Life in Mars held my attention more. its probably to do with that creepy clown ...I really must settle down and watch it.