Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hrh89

VIP Member
Anyone else a massive fan of both these shows? Noticed they have both on iPlayer!! Can’t wait to rewatch it all. Amazing television and if you haven’t seen either I cannot recommend highly enough!!

I read recently they are thinking of bringing back Sam Tyler (and the Gene Genie of course) but I cannot imagine how. I thought the ending of Life on Mars was pretty perfect.

Do you have a favourite between the two? I love the friendship between Gene and Sam BUT I love the 80s style and soundtrack in Ashes to Ashes. I can’t pick though I adore both 😅

Reactions: 10

Imadreamer

Getting to the end of ashes to ashes now and seeing all the little hidden references to how it all turns out is so clever. I honestly think it's one of the best written tv programmes ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

CherryAcid

VIP Member
I much prefer Ashes To Ashes as i love anything 80s. I'm not ashamed to admit I have a crush on Phil Glenister because of his role as Gene. He had amazing chemistry with Keeley.

Reactions: 4

LadyStark

Chatty Member
Just binged LOM other day (again) and now on ATA ..Adore both and Gene ...andRay...Chris 😂 all of them and I cry at least once each episode

Reactions: 3

hrh89

VIP Member
Currently rewatching this for what I think is the 4th time! The clown storyline still shocks me every time.

Philip Glenister 😍
That scene in Ashes where he shoots through the glass whilst Vienna plays in the background... um hot af 😂

actually it’s a tough call on who’s hotter Gene or Alex 😂 Her outfits in the show are everything 👌

leeds2london

Loved it, weird ending to Ashes to Ashes though
I think it is an hour of the best TV I have seen. The last 2 episodes are simply stunning.
I found it very sad very human. The overwhelming feeling of doom that crept up through the last one.
I had guessed at part of the ending but Shaz's story was the most heartbreaking to me
But against all that was the simplicity of Gene and his its the way of the world bolly she'll be alright comment
Sad melancholy but super telly

• Heart

ChelsLou

I much prefer Ashes To Ashes as i love anything 80s. I'm not ashamed to admit I have a crush on Phil Glenister because of his role as Gene. He had amazing chemistry with Keeley.
Yeaaah the soundtrack for Ashes to Ashes was brilliant. I’m a complete sucker for anything 80’s too 😂

Ohhh Gene Hunt 😍 the kinda person you shouldn’t fancy but can’t help it if you do!!

panda_eyes

VIP Member
I really like Life on Mars but I found Ashes to Ashes a bit...hmmm, it just wasn't as good.

ChelsLou

Loooove these two programmes. Even more of a bonus that they’re named after two Bowie songs 🙌🏻

I also have a really fucking weird crush on Gene Hunt. Pleeeease tell me I’m not the only one? 😂

• Haha

Practically Perfect

Chatty Member
Im 'avin oops - was my ringtone for many years

I used to have a poster of Gene Hunt on my kitchen wall which had all his best quotes - they are so un PC that if i repeated any on here i would get banned.

The trumpton/camberwick green dream though - one of the best things on TV ever :LOL:

abitfairytale

Anyone been following the #LifeonMarsLive hashtag on Twitter??

New series in the works- Lazarus.... mixture of both casts, all keen to be on board.

Not gonna lie... Fucking excited at the thought!!!!

hrh89

VIP Member
Matthew Graham has said the new series will be “set partially in the 70's, partially in the 80's and mostly in an alternate NOW.“ whatever the hell that means 😂

In all honestly I don’t think the actors would return unless it was worth returning to and there was a solid script and story. I get the impression John Simm in particular wouldn’t be keen unless it was really really good. He seems quite set in his roles and a pretty serious guy. I’m so excited I really hope the entire original cast return like Annie, Ray, Chris etc.

• Wow
Reactions: 2

Gagaforgagaloo

Aw I’ve seen a lot of stuff she’s been in but not everything. I think her most impressive performance was in line of duty it was unlike anything she’s ever done. Up until that point she was a little typecast but that role was so right for her! I loved her back in the spooks days too!
Omg Lindsay Denton is an icon! Yeah she has played a lot of cop type characters but she's definitely had more varied roles in the last 5 years or so. I think Line of duty definitely proves how versatile she is!

50sGirl

VIP Member
I only watched Ashes to Ashes because I can recall back when Life on Mars was first aired I thought it was a sci fi programme! 🤦‍♀️ Might catch it on iPlayer.

hrh89

VIP Member
Yes they had such amazing chemistry! Think I have more of a crush on her 😂 her outfits in the show were just 👌👌

hrh89

VIP Member
If anyone’s interested I made a playlist for all the music used in Ashes in all three series

Will do a Life on Mars one soon.

Imadreamer

Currently rewatching this for what I think is the 4th time! The clown storyline still shocks me every time.

Philip Glenister 😍