Life after Slimming World - from holy grail to giant fail

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any one want to join me and share their experiences and how they’ve recovered?

I have done slimming world and got to my goal weight 3 times. I admit I even once had a swinstagram account and thought it was the holy grail of diets. My sister did too. When I first started the weight literally fell off. I always had my 3rd speed and went for the more healthy approach,eating meals made from scratch - I wasn’t a pasta and sauce or mugshot kind of person. It was so time consuming and bloody expensive.

Eventually,your motivation wanes and I think I became really disordered in my thinking about food and eating and I feel affected by it now.

For example,I still look at fruits and veg as being speed so I feel guilty if I want a banana or pineapple - like they’re bad for me.

I feel weird about eating cereal in the morning then bread for lunch as if it’s not allowed. This is because I still have it engrained in my head as a healthy extra b choice...same with cheese. If I’ve had it at lunch I feel guilty if I have it at dinner (you only got 1 a choice when I did it).

I feel my relationship with food is even worse now than it was when I started it with all these weird rules swirling about in my head.

I would love to just eat a healthy,balanced diet where no food is good,bad or off limits but I cannot get my tit together 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I left SW a while back because the contradictions were grating on me. James Smith and calorie counting have made me see how flawed and damaging SW can be. Absolute garbage.

Reactions: 15
@Ork I have heard of so many people doing well on Slimming World and then putting it all back on and more. I was debating whether to join myself but have been following a guy on FB called Team RH Fitness. Nothing is off limits as far as his plan is concerned so long as you remain within your calorie allowance, he even says feel free to have 20% of your daily calories on rubbish food if you want so long as the other 80% is nutrient-dense. They set you targets for fibre, fat and carbs each day. And they take into account if you work out or what level of steps you do per day. The guy who runs it does videos on FB and he has a real no-nonsense approach. I watched his vids for about 6 months before joining and its really cheap compared to weight watchers or slimming world. It's not a quick weight loss plan, but the aim is to lose a pound or so a week so it's very manageable. Have a look at some of his videos on FB and see what you think.

Reactions: 4
@NapQueen I’ve had success with calorie counting before I warped my brain with slimming world and now feel guilty even when I’m in a calorie deficit because of all these stupid food rules I’ve infernalised. I love James smiths video about weighing yourself where he asks if you’re a boxer or a jockey 😂

@Justjonie sounds good. Does he use any other platform? I don’t have Facebook.

Reactions: 1
@Ork he has a website www.teamrhfitness.com but the majority of his content is on FB, and the coaching and support groups are all on FB unfortunately. He links his app to myfitnesspal so that's where you log all you eat, but he gives you a higher calorie allowance than myfitnesspal does. It sounds strange but it actually works.

Reactions: 2
@Ork he has a website www.teamrhfitness.com but the majority of his content is on FB, and the coaching and support groups are all on FB unfortunately. He links his app to myfitnesspal so that's where you log all you eat, but he gives you a higher calorie allowance than myfitnesspal does. It sounds strange but it actually works.
Wasn’t there some sort of trouble between Team HR fitness and claireandamandaslimming page?

@Leelee93 oh I've no idea, I've only been on the plan a few months. What happened?
It was on their Facebook page I didn’t actually see it as I’m not on fb but claire and Amanda had a few stories and post about being called out for their big portions and calorie intake. Team hr were sharing pictures of their meals on their fb page

It was on their Facebook page I didn’t actually see it as I’m not on fb but claire and Amanda had a few stories and post about being called out for their big portions and calorie intake. Team hr were sharing pictures of their meals on their fb page
So they weren't following the Team RH program and team RH stole their pics and used them as examples of following the plan? Ooh that is dodgy! The plan does work though, can't fault that side of things

So they weren't following the Team RH program and team RH stole their pics and used them as examples of following the plan? Ooh that is dodgy! The plan does work though, can't fault that side of things
Noo sorry.. The women are following slimming world and I think team hr were having a bash at slimming world and used their pictures of examples of what not to eat 😂

Noo sorry.. The women are following slimming world and I think team hr were having a bash at slimming world and used their pictures of examples of what not to eat 😂
Ah I see! They do bash slimming world a lot it has to be said, but I've yet to see someone follow SW and keep the weight off long term so I can kinda see their point

@Justjonie Thanks. I can watch videos on Facebook without logging in so I’ll watch a few and see what I think

@NapQueen I’ve had success with calorie counting before I warped my brain with slimming world and now feel guilty even when I’m in a calorie deficit because of all these stupid food rules I’ve infernalised. I love James smiths video about weighing yourself where he asks if you’re a boxer or a jockey 😂

@Justjonie sounds good. Does he use any other platform? I don’t have Facebook.

Yep, it’s extremely damaging, leads to a lifetime of categorising ‘good’ and ‘bad’ foods.

I bloody love JS, helps he’s easy on the eye too!

Any one want to join me and share their experiences and how they’ve recovered?

I have done slimming world and got to my goal weight 3 times. I admit I even once had a swinstagram account and thought it was the holy grail of diets. My sister did too. When I first started the weight literally fell off. I always had my 3rd speed and went for the more healthy approach,eating meals made from scratch - I wasn’t a pasta and sauce or mugshot kind of person. It was so time consuming and bloody expensive.

Eventually,your motivation wanes and I think I became really disordered in my thinking about food and eating and I feel affected by it now.

For example,I still look at fruits and veg as being speed so I feel guilty if I want a banana or pineapple - like they’re bad for me.

I feel weird about eating cereal in the morning then bread for lunch as if it’s not allowed. This is because I still have it engrained in my head as a healthy extra b choice...same with cheese. If I’ve had it at lunch I feel guilty if I have it at dinner (you only got 1 a choice when I did it).

I feel my relationship with food is even worse now than it was when I started it with all these weird rules swirling about in my head.

I would love to just eat a healthy,balanced diet where no food is good,bad or off limits but I cannot get my tit together 😭
Stuff them. I have two and a half weetabix daily with skimmed milk and then get as much free foods as I can. Pay no attention to them, just use your common sense and excercise more and drink a litre of water. I found them to be insultingly condescending and only out to line their pockets.

Reactions: 3
I agree done sw twice. Lost 2 stone 1st timd. 2nd i hated it and felt mentally wasnt great for them.

Speaking rh fitness his video about hole world and deepthroating a banana is hilarious.
A banana shouldent have a new syn value because you mashed it.

I agree done sw twice. Lost 2 stone 1st timd. 2nd i hated it and felt mentally wasnt great for them.

Speaking rh fitness his video about hole world and deepthroating a banana is hilarious.
A banana shouldent have a new syn value because you mashed it.
I LOVE Team RH Fitness! He actually puts you on realistic calories and gives it to you straight.

My first week doing SW I lost 5-7 lbs - but I just switched to WW and already this week I lost 5 lbs. So I cancelled my SW subscription and now using WW.

Edit:// Additionally WW is free at the moment to join. I started last week and I paid nothing so far. However, WW is only £1.50 a week to keep subscribing.

The most I've lost on slimming world was 1stone but now I'm heavier than before.
The whole banana things pisses me off because you can eat a banana fine but if you mash it it then has a syn value, but you Mash it in your mouth to eat it so literally no difference 😆
My husband always thought the plan was weird anyway, it seems to much more about flogging their meals and convenience foods now too. And why are the majority of consultants still overweight??

Reactions: 12
Is it just me that disagrees with the whole mentality of SW/WW. Surely their entire business model is based on all these rules that make it appear easy to diet, but are doomed for failure in the long term?
If you were able to pay once and change your mentality for life they’d get no repeat income... #cynic

Reactions: 9
The problems with sw to me is it distorts your portion control. Because as some food is syn free you eat more of it because you can and to fill you up as it is low fat and less satiating and when you stop you end up eating bigger portions of calorie dense foods, as thats what your used to, so you gain it all back and more besides.

Reactions: 3