Lent - Time to sort myself out

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lent starts on Wednesday - time to sort myself out.

This time last year (before Lockdown 1) I had two stones to loose.

Lockdown 1 - was furloughed so was really good, excerised every day and lost 1 stone.

Back to work July - flexible furlough (WFH)

Back to work November - full time. (WFH and will be for a long time)

Then Lockdown 2 and Lockdown 3.

Lockdown 3- lost the plot and put the lost stone back on.

Think I should use Lent to get myself sorted, I know exactly what to do and how to do it, MFP and excercise. Have started C25K so many times but something always gets in the way. Was up to week 5 in november, then lost it again.

Just need to get a grip! (think this is just a note to myself!)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ok, I will only have a drink on a Saturday night 🍹

But no chocolate, crisps or rubbish for me. Need to cut out sugar

Reactions: 2
I’m going to give up chocolate for lent! I’m absolutely addicted to it so it will be hard but I’ve done it before. I’m not big on sweets/crisps so giving up chocolate makes me feel like I’m eating a lot healthier.

Reactions: 5
I gave up chocolate a few years ago for Lent & to raise money for the British Heart Foundation. Was so difficult 😂

I’m going to give up social media I think.

Reactions: 4
I will join in too! Really need to cut back on all of the sweet stuff, crisps and bread I’ve been eating recently.

I was doing so well with my eating habits and exercise up until around October.

Reactions: 3
Two days left for a blow out, then six weeks of being very good.

I will join in too! Really need to cut back on all of the sweet stuff, crisps and bread I’ve been eating recently.

I was doing so well with my eating habits and exercise up until around October.

Mine fell apart about then as well, Lockdown 3 tipped me over the edge

Two days left for a blow out, then six weeks of being very good.

Mine fell apart about then as well, Lockdown 3 tipped me over the edge
So bad isn’t it! I love food and I feel like it’s all I’ve got at the moment so have been over indulging lot, haha. I’ve got lots of free time, so no excuse to not exercise!

Reactions: 5
i will join in too, giving up smoking (again), stopped on new years day, stuck to it for well over a month and then a couple of bad days and slowly started again 😭 really annoying. thank you for reminding me of lent - it's a good excuse

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My Fitness Pal tells me to eat 1200 calories a day.

Some say this is too low.

Is it better to eat three balanced meals a day or stick to the 1200 calories?

1200 is very low, find a free TDEE calculator online to give you a more realistic number if you want to do calories.

Reading Dr Chatterjee's book.

Really interesting bit on insulin release and non fat store releasing.

Every time you eat, it spikes your insulin, this in turn sends a message to your fat store not to release fat.

Therefore only eat three meals a day and no snacking what so ever.

I’m going to give up alcohol for Lent 👌🏼 This will be tough but hopefully a good reset!

Depends how tall you are and how much you weight? For most 1200 will be too low but let's not kid ourselves that someone who's very short needs to eat as much as a tall person

I'm 5ft! But round at the moment!
I always believe you need some wriggle room. Women should never eat less than 1200, so if you’ve been eating 1200 and then stop losing where do you go. MFP tend to give most people 1200-1400 regardless of height or weight. I would calculate it online or do nutrachecks free trial and see what theirs is.

Reactions: 1
I have hardly exercised as I only tend to walk but due to recent cold temperatures and snow etc, I've hardly walked at all. I have decided I ought to do 10 mins of on the spot cardio at home, lunges, jumping jacks etc o_O

Reactions: 4
I find Lean Justine on You Tube really good for quick cardio work outs

Reactions: 1