Lena Dunham

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lena Dunham announced On insta she’s had Covid, I smell bullshit, timeline just doesn’t fit and she was in London and has miraculously gone back to America (I think).
She’s been pretty quiet on Instagram recently but seems to me that she knew whatever she posts she’d get a load of tit in the wake of black lives matter, by announcing she’s battling an ongoing struggle with Covid, she can sneak herself back in with people being sympathetic rather than accusing her of racism.

Whatcha think??

Reactions: 2
I think it's disgusting she still gets work and it never gets brought up that she's admitted sexually abusing her own sister.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Really? She was a very young child when that happened, seemed like completely innocent curiosity to me.
It’s more the ever increasing list of conditions she suffers from as if that excuses pretty valid criticism regarding her white privilege.

Reactions: 5
It must be back in fashion for celebs claiming to have covid.

Can't stand this woman. Total attention seeker

Reactions: 3
She’s been pretty quiet on Instagram recently but seems to me that she knew whatever she posts she’d get a load of tit in the wake of black lives matter, by announcing she’s battling an ongoing struggle with Covid, she can sneak herself back in with people being sympathetic rather than accusing her of racism.
What did she say or do to upset the BLM crowd? ☕

I used to adore her, until someone accused a friend of her’s of rape and she started trying to dictate who could make accusations and what counted as rape.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I know that sucked, I was a massive girls fan and think she is really talented. But I’m fed up of her relentless need to apologise. wrt black lives matters there was a big storm when girls was first out as it was so white, she sometimes tries to check her immense privilege but it doesn’t come naturally. I just thought that if she made a big song and dance around blm she’d probably get loads of tit, instead she went very quiet and then claimed Covid so no one can accuse her of not doing more.

She is one of the most irritating of the fake woke crowd. I cannot stand her. I assume her immense self confidence is a front based on her astronomical levels of attention seeking.

Reactions: 6
She is one of the most irritating of the fake woke crowd. I cannot stand her. I assume her immense self confidence is a front based on her astronomical levels of attention seeking.
Hmmm I’m not sure, I think she is that confident, and she’s feels like she’s kind of entitled to all the attention or something.
I’d love to know what happened between her and Jenni Konner, they were thick as thieves and then just totally fizzled our. Also wonder what Jemima kirke actually thinks, she seems to get very close when it’s convenient but I imagine she’s also a bit embarrassed by her. Not that she’s any better, so incredibly entitled but incredibly beautiful so gets away with it

Reactions: 1
I too have very mixed feeling about Lena. Absolutely loved Girls and think she’s a very talented writer but absolutely loathe this poor little rich girl wokeness she seems to spout. Her and Jemima are both from very well off families and have had the best of everything yet they seem to think they represent the disadvantaged minorities. They seem to be cut from the same cloth as Lily Allen.

Reactions: 10
I read her book and she struck me as someone who has been told all her life by people around her that she is special and interesting and she doesn't have the critical faculty to understand she isn't. When she experiences something for the first time she thinks she is the only person to have ever experienced it and must go and enlighten the world about the subject.

I remember an anecdote in her book where she says she found some photos her mother had taken of herself in the 1960s or 1970s and says something like "My Mom basically invented the selfie". I think the day the camera was invented was probably when people started taking photos of themselves. She also talks some bollocks about tonsil stones alluding to the fact they are potentially deadly. There are also loads of other anecdotes in the book showing just how unaware she is of her own privilege.

Reactions: 6
Cannot stand her. Hate Girls too. She’s similar to Caitlin Moran in that she was absolutely held high as this spokeswoman for feminists but in reality she’s just a privileged white woman who acted the part to garner popularity. I hate how people give her such praise for making her film so young when both her parents are in the arts industry and have easy connections. She’s so bloody irritating.

Reactions: 12
I love Girls-satire at its finest, with some of the worst people on tv-with the exception of the mother, Soshana and Ray. On some level I think Lena gets that she comes from insane privilege and has an abundance of confidence as i think the women played by Jenny Slate was her taking the piss out of herself. She makes some awful mistakes but I do have a bit of a soft spot for her-no idea why!

Reactions: 3
I love Girls-satire at its finest, with some of the worst people on tv-with the exception of the mother, Soshana and Ray. On some level I think Lena gets that she comes from insane privilege and has an abundance of confidence as i think the women played by Jenny Slate was her taking the piss out of herself. She makes some awful mistakes but I do have a bit of a soft spot for her-no idea why!
I loved Jenny Slate’s character!

Ugh, can't stand her. I remember she was once a judge on RuPaul's Drag Race and the queens couldn't stand her either. Some of them outright ignored her when she popped backstage during Untucked.

One of those celebrities I wish would just retire and quietly count their money in silence.

Ugh, can't stand her. I remember she was once a judge on RuPaul's Drag Race and the queens couldn't stand her either. Some of them outright ignored her when she popped backstage during Untucked.

One of those celebrities I wish would just retire and quietly count their money in silence.
She was a guest on Drag race? That really surprises me.