Le Creuset, pots/pans and cookware advice!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all, I am slowly in the process of replacing all of our cookware. Alot of our pots and pans are second hand or cheaper variety that don't last long!!

We bought an amazing expensive stainless steel saucepan from m&s that we've had for 9 years and it's still amazing condition.

So the 2 things I'm after at the moment are firstly a casserole pot with a lid - so I can cook things on the hob and then chunk it straight in the oven. I've heard Le Creuset are the best but they are damn expensive! Any other cheaper but good quality out there?

We are also in need of an everyday frying pan with a lid - currently have a tefal one that has died after 6 years although I'm not 100% we've treated it that well.

Any things you love please send suggestions my way! We are finally in a position to start spending a little more and I love cooking a lot so happy to invest!!

Reactions: 3
I have a cast iron enamel Pyrex casserole dish with lid. Seems to perform pretty well!

Reactions: 1
Tk maxx and homesense have le creuset online and in store for a more reasonable price
Snap! I just came along to say this. Yes, I have a one of the casserole dishes and I got it for a good bit less in TK Maxx. They are an absolute ton weight though. My friend bought one at the same time but she has RSI and struggles to lift it.

Snap! I just came along to say this. Yes, I have a one of the casserole dishes and I got it for a good bit less in TK Maxx. They are an absolute ton weight though. My friend bought one at the same time but she has RSI and struggles to lift it.
Oh thanks guys, love tkmaxx/homesense for a bargain!

A maybe wouldn't be great if it was so heavy, I might have to go to a store and try one out in that case!

Reactions: 4
Hi all, I am slowly in the process of replacing all of our cookware. Alot of our pots and pans are second hand or cheaper variety that don't last long!!

We bought an amazing expensive stainless steel saucepan from m&s that we've had for 9 years and it's still amazing condition.

So the 2 things I'm after at the moment are firstly a casserole pot with a lid - so I can cook things on the hob and then chunk it straight in the oven. I've heard Le Creuset are the best but they are damn expensive! Any other cheaper but good quality out there?

We are also in need of an everyday frying pan with a lid - currently have a tefal one that has died after 6 years although I'm not 100% we've treated it that well.

Any things you love please send suggestions my way! We are finally in a position to start spending a little more and I love cooking a lot so happy to invest!!
Tk Maxx and homesense are the cheapest places for le Creuset, they are much cheaper than the outlet stores and sales. Usually you can get them on tk maxx online too 😊

Reactions: 5
If you buy Le Creuset and look after it I can guarantee you it will last a life time. I’m pretty sure my mother had one that was 25 years old. She got it as a wedding present. They are well worth the investment. I’m a firm believer of you buy cheap you buy twice.....also can’t go wrong with Tefal. I have a lidded one and must have had it 7 years or so....it’s still going strong.
Check out Designer Outlets, quite often they have Le Creuset shops in most of them.

My casserole dish with lid was £25 and my oven dish was about £15 from homesense

Highly recommend getting a Le Creuset! Judge Vista pots and pans are great and last forever.

Reactions: 2
We bought a large casserole dish with lid that can go on the hob & in the oven from Sainsbury’s about 10 years ago and it’s still going strong and looks almost as good as new.

Bit of a dumb question 😊 but apart from casseroles what else do you cook in the dishes?
No dumb not a dumb question there's loads of recipes I've been doing lately is that required cooking stuff on the hob then transferring into the oven like pasta bakes, slowcook meats, chicken and rice dish I do.
I cook alot of recipes from pinch of nom and it seems to come up alot!

No dumb not a dumb question there's loads of recipes I've been doing lately is that required cooking stuff on the hob then transferring into the oven like pasta bakes, slowcook meats, chicken and rice dish I do.
I cook alot of recipes from pinch of nom and it seems to come up alot!
Oh good idea thanks I like pasta dishes. I might invest in one but from Homesense I'm not paying £150 :giggle:

Tkmaxx for lecreuset and they also do Kuhn rikon which is basically the same, I have the casserole pot it’s good.

My mum's le creuset casserole dish is 40 years old & still used every few weeks. If you can afford it they seem a great investment.
My budget doesn't stretch that far so I got the Aldi version for £20 last year & it's great! Super heavy so definitely cast iron!

• Heart
For a big pot I prefer cast aluminium, it works in a similar enough way but is loads lighter. John Lewis have good ones. I’ve used mine at least once a week on average for 4-5 years and it is as good as new.

I also have a large Le Creuset skillet with a lid which I use constantly and I love it. The size and shape is versatile, basically a saucepan with sides. I bought mine from the Le Creuset outlet shop at Bicester village, expensive but worth every penny.

Bit of a dumb question 😊 but apart from casseroles what else do you cook in the dishes?
I've made casseroles, pot roasts, curries, soups and even marmalade in my Le Creuset casserole. I really wouldn't want to be without my Le Creuset dishes - they last a lifetime so the cost per use is miniscule.

For a big pot I prefer cast aluminium, it works in a similar enough way but is loads lighter. John Lewis have good ones. I’ve used mine at least once a week on average for 4-5 years and it is as good as new.

I also have a large Le Creuset skillet with a lid which I use constantly and I love it. The size and shape is versatile, basically a saucepan with sides. I bought mine from the Le Creuset outlet shop at Bicester village, expensive but worth every penny.
That sounds great and definitely something we need. Need to look into shapes and sizes more I think