LBC Chit Chat #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Continue here!
--

I love how nick Abbot is still sneering at brextitors for a couple of hours calling them all idiots that were persuaded by a few billionaires that didn't want to be exposed by the EU - this seems like some odd conspiracy theory that I've not heard elsewhere๐Ÿ˜‘. And that "everything they said was project fear is now project reality", every single thing, really?

While totally ignoring the absolute mess unfolding in the EU from the gas crisis, Italian elections looking like far right Putin supporters gaining control and Hungary going against Germany just to scratch the surface. It's facing by far it's biggest test ever and he just ignores it. If the UK was stoping heating pools or turning off public lights you'd never shut him up about it and how terrible the UK is. Just like when the UK vaccine rollout was going better, he still praised the EU and said the UK was acting terribly...by having its act together. ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ

Reactions: 5
Hopefully one day he will realise ๐Ÿ™„ He gets so abrasive and rude when someone has a different opinion to him. What about all the fear mongering from the remain side. The economy will crash, there will be no medicines, the Banks will leave London, there will be masses of job losses etc. Never hear him mention these.

I still cannot get over his interview with the Economist last week, it made absolutely awful listening and made Nick look totally unprofessional.

Reactions: 3
fear mongering from the remain side. The economy will crash, there will be no medicines, the Banks will leave London, there will be masses of job losses etc
They couldn't have possibly said that because Nicky A kept saying how everything bad the remain side said came true. Even the bits that have isn't that also because there's been a pandemic and war in Europe? He's so unhinged that he'd make me change my vote to brexit if there was another one ๐Ÿคช

I must listen to the Economist interview, when nickers is this bad it can be entertaining

Reactions: 3
Continue here!
--

I love how nick Abbot is still sneering at brextitors for a couple of hours calling them all idiots that were persuaded by a few billionaires that didn't want to be exposed by the EU - this seems like some odd conspiracy theory that I've not heard elsewhere๐Ÿ˜‘. And that "everything they said was project fear is now project reality", every single thing, really?
Odd theory indeed. The Remain campaign was funded by off-shore billionaires like Richard Branson pouring money in, presumably to protect their interests.

Reactions: 5
Odd theory indeed. The Remain campaign was funded by off-shore billionaires like Richard Branson pouring money in, presumably to protect their interests.
In the same way as Roland Rudd financed Femi. That is why Femi is grifting on other subjects now because that game is over.

Reactions: 4
It is odd. If anything the global elites are more likely to support the EU I'd of thought.

But for someone like nick the EU is only ever for helping people and you're an idiot that has been persuaded cut your own nose off if you don't think this.
Not that the EU is all bad either, but it's a complicated picture.

Reactions: 1
I was listening to Andrew Castle earlier and laughed out loud.

A caller rang in and congratulated him on his tennis career. The DS crew will have been furious on their role as the tennis police.

Reactions: 2
I must listen to the Economist interview, when nickers is this bad it can be entertaining
Talking of interviews, I listened to all of Nicks Friday night show and eventually he told us what his second favourite political interview was. It was Ben Kentish interviewing David Davis just prior to Nick F doing the hustings. Ben asked a question and as David Davis started talking some very loud music started playing and you couldn't hear a word. It was quite funny.

(His favourite political interview was James O'Brien and Nigel Farage)

Ben Kentish interviewing David Davis just prior to Nick F doing the hustings.
Ah thank you! I doubt nicks long long tease for that actually worked. I can't see Ben Kentish posting it himself on twitter, maybe he didn't rate it

Just checked nicks twitter and he's retweeting the baby milk argument. It's gone over in great detail so well on the jack monroe threads but this misses the wood for the trees. People are stealing baby milk mainly not to feed their children, but because it's a high value item that's easy to resell. https://tattle.life/threads/jack-monroe-335-boob-i-guess.31373/post-10571124

But that's nick all over with simplistic reductive politics.

Screenshot_20220731-122823_Twitter.jpg

Ah thank you! I doubt nicks long long tease for that actually worked. I can't see Ben Kentish posting it himself on twitter, maybe he didn't rate it

Just checked nicks twitter and he's retweeting the baby milk argument. It's gone over in great detail so well on the jack monroe threads but this misses the wood for the trees. People are stealing baby milk mainly not to feed their children, but because it's a high value item that's easy to resell. https://tattle.life/threads/jack-monroe-335-boob-i-guess.31373/post-10571124

But that's nick all over with simplistic reductive politics.
Absolutely! It's up there with razor blades as most stolen items. It's about ยฃ12 a box.

As for Ben Kentish, that interview was not his finest work ๐Ÿคฃ

• Haha
I think I'll give nicks show a miss tonight considering hit stream of retweets since he got up. Including Alistair Campbell complaining about posh self centred unprincipled people, so different to his crowd ๐Ÿ˜‘

I am trying to get my head around the chart / graph that Nick / YouGov posted. Are they asking people in their polling what party they voted for and what social class they belonged to ?

As this is the first page of a thread please do give a TLDR / recap of the last thread if you can and if someone hasn't already, thanks :)
This is not the first page of a thread. It is the 6th section of the same thread, discussing LBC, its presenters and sometimes its callers. New readers please go back to LBC Chit Chat #1

Last edited:
  • Haha
I think I'll give nicks show a miss tonight considering hit stream of retweets since he got up. Including Alistair Campbell complaining about posh self centred unprincipled people, so different to his crowd ๐Ÿ˜‘
Alastair Campbell seems to have forgotten what Alastair Campbell was like during his time working in Government. :rolleyes:

Didn't he cover a couple of times on LBC and his daughter phoned in?

Alastair Campbell seems to have forgotten what Alastair Campbell was like during his time working in Government. :rolleyes:
Didn't he cover a couple of times on LBC and his daughter phoned in?
Alastair is quite an odd fellow, I can't work him out.

ps. Thanks for the new thread whoever did it.

I am trying to get my head around the chart / graph that Nick / YouGov posted. Are they asking people in their polling what party they voted for and what social class they belonged to ?

This is not the first page of a thread. It is the 6th section of the same thread, discussing LBC, its presenters and sometimes its callers. New readers please go back to LBC Chit Chat #1
You are usually quite adept with your graphs and charts, this is disappointing ๐Ÿ˜

I presume Yel yelled at someone to get it done :D
Have you been at the Harvey's Bristol Cream early doors??

๐Ÿ˜o_O

Nick a must have whiplash. It's just like him and job who both said no one should ever listen to a word Cummings says. Then when commings said something they liked then the tune changed to you must listen to what commings has to say as he was there. ๐Ÿ™„

Nick a must have whiplash. It's just like him and job who both said no one should ever listen to a word Cummings says. Then when commings said something they liked then the tune changed to you must listen to what commings has to say as he was there. ๐Ÿ™„
When Cummings left, the 'shopping trolley' (Boris) careered out of control. That's a fact.

You are usually quite adept with your graphs and charts, this is disappointing ๐Ÿ˜
Nah. I don't do graffs or charts .. they are just pretty pictures, lines and squiggles to me !

Have you been at the Harvey's Bristol Cream early doors??

๐Ÿ˜o_O
Burp. Haven't had one of them for years! Unfortunately some tablets I take now say do not take alcohol :(

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.