LBC Chit Chat #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see Iain is down to sit in for Andrew on Sat/Sun. I hope he's not coming back too soon. Post viral fatigue, after any virus, not just covid, can hang around for weeks.
I wish the 'boys' on the other forum would stop identifying Rachel Johnson as Boris's sister, implying that's the only reason LBC employ her. She's had a long and successful career in journalism. And she was a passionate Remainer!

Reactions: 3
Exactly!

The comments underneath were telling. The vast majority were 'but I really don't care' :LOL: but there were a few from gay people saying 'if people don't care then surely that's job done?' .
You just know when a comment has way more comments than likes that the person is about to get absolutely slaughtered in the comment section.

Reactions: 1
Tom Swarbrick really gave himself away just now, someone just rang and said: "I'll give you a prediction ... PMQ's at dinnertime today ..."

Tom was taken aback, almost shocked ... "Hahah, surely you mean 'lunchtime'...."??? I don't really know why that made me laugh but you've got to wonder just how in touch some of these politico's in the westminster media bubble are with everyday people. Personally, I usually say lunch, but also sometimes dinner ... depends. I certainly wouldn't come across as totally incredulous that someone would say 'what's for dinner' ... meaning midday meal.

Anyway ... I'm rambling but I'm actually quite starting to dislike Swarbrick for some reason, quite an arrogant bully but with no credentials as such, unlike Uncle Nick ... who at least has earned the right in my mind to be quite unpleasant sometimes. :cool:

" I certainly wont be nasty or mean"

followed by him being both nasty and mean.

It is like a breakdown in public....

Reactions: 2
I suppose it depends where he is. If he is on some Spanish villa, he may not want to be disturbed.
He is nowhere near Spain, he is currently 'tied up' doing some renovation/plastering work in Colin from Windsor's LBC Monitoring Station.

• Haha
Clicky off. Couldn't take Jobbie's increasing level of manic excitement this morning. They'll need to scrub and disinfect his chair after the show. 🤮

• Sick
Couldn't face listening to Jobby today, don't think I could handle the gloating.

Clicky off. Couldn't take Jobbie's increasing level of manic excitement this morning. They'll need to scrub and disinfect his chair after the show. 🤮
Just read on Twitter that he's on holiday next week. I wonder if he'll cancel it if Boris hasn't gone by then! ;)

speaking of being mean and nasty and that is before the fact that James is also a propagandist

" I certainly wont be nasty or mean"

followed by him being both nasty and mean.
You just took the words out of my keyboard. I was just gonna say the same but deleted it. James is a deeply odd and troubled soul, on the one hand he tries to be concillitory and for want of a better word 'nice' ... he just can't do it, his anger just seeps out of him like tit through the fabric of someones underwear who has just shat themselves. I don't know why's he is like it. Look, I've quite enjoyed the show because I deeply dislike Boris, but James comes across as so hateful and angry all the time. What on EARTH happened to him growing up?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
You just took the words out of my keyboard. I was just gonna say the same but deleted it. James is a deeply odd and troubled soul, on the one hand he tries to be concillitory and for want of a better word 'nice' ... he just can't do it, his anger just seeps out of him like tit through the fabric of someones underwear who has just shat themselves. I don't know why's he is like it. Look, I've quite enjoyed the show because I deeply dislike Boris, but James comes across as so hateful and angry all the time. What on EARTH happened to him growing up?
BIB - brilliant! I was thinking today that he sounded like he was having a kind of furious super-orgasm that he's been, um, "working on" ever since Brexit, but I like yours better.

Does he never get exhausted from all the righteous rage? He's effectively a kind of outrage pump, constantly imbibing and spewing forth cynicism, and it must seriously impact the rest of his life and the people around him.

I have a theory that a large part of his every-increasing misery and bitterness comes from knowing deep down how completely and utterly pointless his whole schtick is - and how trapped in it he now is. He's 50 and that's often when that kind of awareness kicks in.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.