Lauren Luke (panacea81)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t see a thread on her. Hope I’ve posted in the right place eeep.

An OG beauty that has started back up on YouTube after being gone for years due to a breakdown. She had a make up and brushes line and worked with Saphora. I remember she was all over tv. In a recent Q & A video she basically says that she was taken for a ride by a company (does say by who) and that she never once saw a penny of the money her face/name/brand we’re making. In the video you can see she is truly holding onto a lot of hurt. She can hardly talk about it. Following that whirlwind she had a breakdown, anxiety, no job, I gather no money either, run down housing etc. You could see from update videos from 3 years ago that she was not in a good place. I don’t know all the info but does anyone else have some insight? What’s your thoughts?

Now she seems really happy. She has a job in a tile shop and says she loves it. I can’t even imagine how she must feel when she thinks back to those days when she was so well known, had make up lines, flown all over the world etc. It must feel like another life. She states in videos that she is pretty much learning make up again because after the breakdown of everything she stopped wearing any make up which I find so sad, you can see how much she loves make up.

I’ve been enjoying watching her again, she is so far from the fake, overly filtered ‘gurus’ turned ‘influencers’ that have taken over YouTube. Mostly I’m just glad she is happy again ☺

Reactions: 13
Lauren was the first beauty guru I watched! Glad she’s back, not watched the video yet but I remember the last time she updated a few years ago it didn’t last long. Hopefully she’s in a happier place now ❤

Reactions: 6
Ahh I used to love her! Didn’t even realise she was officially back! Going straight to catch up!
I hope she manages to fall in love with make up again, organically and for the right reasons. Without pressure from the BC ❤

Reactions: 3
I do love her but I also don't know if all of that is very true. its not so long ago she was posting about al her weight loss, the really grand house she was in and her paintings she was doing. yeah, its tit a company done that to her but I don't think that is the full truth and that shes starting out again really x

Reactions: 1
I do love her but I also don't know if all of that is very true. its not so long ago she was posting about al her weight loss, the really grand house she was in and her paintings she was doing. yeah, its tit a company done that to her but I don't think that is the full truth and that shes starting out again really x
What do you think could be the possible truth? I didn’t see the updates about her weight loss and the grand house stuff :).

Awe I watched her back in the day from the very beginning when it was just a bunch of lovely down to earth girls reviewing make up and doing tutorials. I love her think she's so brave to come back and start up again you can tell she's had a bad time

What do you think could be the possible truth? I didn’t see the updates about her weight loss and the grand house stuff :).
I don't have a theory. I watched the Q&A video and I do believe that she's had a breakdown and I am really sad about that, I, like many others suffer from MH and I think she's finding it hard to deal with. I am glad she's happy and settled in her home now. I was sad to hear about the dogs and that she's only 2 left. that must be heart breaking itself but I find it hard to believe the lawyer said yeah its fine go ahead and sign as he wasn't going to appear on the BBC doc and he would have been paid regardless. she was one of the first ever TY channels I sub'd back in the day and found her very relatable. Shes been on social media such as FB for the weight loss and paintings and the move to the big house. I think she said that shes in a new relationship too. I see the make up viedo where she done make up on her partner and they look so sweet and happy together. I think she may find it hard going back to the TY make up community or on any platform now if I am honest because a lot of it is to now do with money, being gifted and sponsored and its not like it was back in the day but I really do wish her the best x

She was my first YouTube channel to watch. I have her a friend on Facebook. she is in a much better place now.

• Heart
Im so glad shes back - I just wish people will see that shes back and start watching her videos to getting her viewings up - I do not agree with @CrazyCatLady101 , I dont think theres more to it I just hope people get behind her and support her so so deserves it.

I’m glad she back been enjoying her video and no fuss make up tutorials, the beauty community is over saturated and tainted by drama so it’s lovely too see her return.

She was one of the genuine ones. Made her channel because it was something she loved to do.
Not like today’s YouTubers/Influencers who only seem to be in it for the gifts and sponsorships.

Reactions: 4
Absolutely love her. tit what Sali Hughes did to steal her Guardian column.

Reactions: 3
I must say it’s sad to see her recent videos only getting 2.1 1.9 1.6k views when ten years ago she was one of the biggest in the UK.

As long as she’s happy and healthy that’s all that matters though

used to love the early days of youtube !
in the old days i used to watch lauren ,swalkermakeup, lollipop26 and fleurdeforce with hardly any ads in sight!

Reactions: 6
used to love the early days of youtube !
in the old days i used to watch lauren ,swalkermakeup, lollipop26 and fleurdeforce with hardly any ads in sight!
I was thinking about this as I watched Tati’s video. The YouTubers of ten yr ago would cringe at these self entitled idiots!

I was thinking about this as I watched Tati’s video. The YouTubers of ten yr ago would cringe at these self entitled idiots!
couldn't agree more, watched tati last night, think what shes done is ridiculous but you can see she's scared for her life