Lauren Goodger #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What happened between her and Mark to F her up that much?
Outside of the other things others have already mentioned, I read her book a few years ago. She already had issues with her parents, then at 15 she met Mark. He would pull her out of class, take her outside the school gates, where nobody would hear, and yell at her because she innocently spoke to another boy. She wasn't allowed going out (even as teenagers), her mother (whom Lauren went to live with at 13) defended him instead of Lauren when they argued, her mother told Mark when Lauren snuck out one night rather than cover for Lauren, she wasn't allowed friends except for his sister, he cheated constantly and she stupidly forgave him thinking he'd outgrow it and marry her one day. Worst was he talked her into an abortion she didn't want by promising to marry her and start a family with her when he got a good job. He landed Towie a short time later and didn't want her in it, he said it was his place to make the money and her place to stay at home. As far as I know it's the only time she stood up for herself by accepting the offer.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Outside of the other things others have already mentioned, I read her book a few years ago. She already had issues with her parents, then at 15 she met Mark. He would pull her out of class, take her outside the school gates, where nobody would hear, and yell at her because she innocently spoke to another boy. She wasn't allowed going out (even as teenagers), her mother (whom Lauren went to live with at 13) defended him instead of Lauren when they argued, her mother told Mark when Lauren snuck out one night rather than cover for Lauren, she wasn't allowed friends except for his sister, he cheated constantly and she stupidly forgave him thinking he'd outgrow it and marry her one day. Worst was he talked her into an abortion she didn't want by promising to marry her and start a family with her when he got a good job. He landed Towie a short time later and didn't want her in it, he said it was his place to make the money and her place to stay at home. As far as I know it's the only time she stood up for herself by accepting the offer.
Weird that he doesn’t treat Michelle like this whatsoever, or him saying he wanted to earn the money and LG stay at home was just him not wanting people to see her as his girlfriend as he fancied himself as something else, I hate him.

Reactions: 14
Just seen her IG, I’ve never ever seen another celebrity ever do what she does!! She begs for attention, then film herself saying I’m sick of this, it’s everyday, the paps following me 🤣

I assume it creates more attention around her, if she makes a big deal.

she’ll be clicking on the mail right now

Reactions: 2
It is a shame the paps don’t do what they did to Andrew Ridgely in the 1980s when he had an issue with them (not sure on the full story sorry) but they all put down their cameras and turned their backs on him. She’d have a fit if they all did that now!

Reactions: 5
Does she really think people don’t know she pays for these paps to follow her? Or that they couldn’t figure out where she was from her insta stories? She really thinks she’s something she isn’t.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
He was just a total hole to her, always chipping away at her confidence. He would say she could lose some weight, other girls were prettier than her etc... there’s a clip of them at a bridal catwalk show where he keeps saying how fit and slim the girls are and you can see how uncomfortable she is.

does anyone know what happened to her sister who was in TOWIE? I recall Lauren saying her and her sisters were going to film a reality show like the Kardashians
And that episode where he held a ‘work event’ and it was some outdoor big pool party type thing. He was sitting there sunning it up with Arg, drinking and perving over all the woman. Every single member of Towie was invited (even Mick Northcross) and he told her she wasn’t allowed as it was ‘work’. It Was really sad and I felt really sorry for her. She did go in the end and pushed him in the pool 😂 but he was fuming she went along. It was probably all staged but I guarantee he was like this on all his ‘work’ nights. He really knocked her down to nothing. 😔
If my bf treated me that way, he would be gone there and then!

Reactions: 13
So where are these pap shots from the beach that she was running away from? 🤔

Reactions: 3
I feel like she needs mothering / guidance and or a really decent circle of friends..

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Is all that proven true?? Especially given the recent lies Lauren has told.
Agreed. She's definitely not a credible source, so who knows for certain what's really true?

I personally tend to believe her for a few reasons: 1. In a hearsay situation I'm usually going to give the victim the benefit of the doubt. 2. Mark's behavior on tv is in line with his behavior in the book, so it's not coming out of thin air that he was horrible to her. 3. No one mentioned in the book has spoken against the contents of the book. She is not famous or rich enough to pay for their silence. 4. She "wrote" it when she was still more normal (for lack of a better word) before she morphed into this I-don't-give-a-damn side show character. Wrote is in quotation marks because the book had a lot of grammar mistakes, slang, emojis, and text speak. It was difficult to read, but I'm dedicated to satisfying my curiosity. 5. She defended him a lot in the book, even with his behavior. The sort of victim that usually ends up in situations like this is the one that's able to overlook/justify vices that we wouldn't. 6. The only part of the book Mark angrily reacted to was the abortion, that she took a private matter and put it on public domain. Wouldn't he be up in arms about the rest of the content if it was all lies? He's not one to keep a dignified silence. 7. I wanted to believe it because I was rooting for her and hoping she would become more successful than him. I cheer on the underdogs, especially against bullies. Pity she never managed to rise above it.

Just my very long two cents.

And that episode where he held a ‘work event’ and it was some outdoor big pool party type thing. He was sitting there sunning it up with Arg, drinking and perving over all the woman. Every single member of Towie was invited (even Mick Northcross) and he told her she wasn’t allowed as it was ‘work’. It Was really sad and I felt really sorry for her. She did go in the end and pushed him in the pool 😂 but he was fuming she went along. It was probably all staged but I guarantee he was like this on all his ‘work’ nights. He really knocked her down to nothing. 😔
If my bf treated me that way, he would be gone there and then!
She mentions that in the book. He didn't want her to go, she kept insisting so eventually they drove there together but when they got there he left her in the car and told her she couldn't come in. She thought he'd be quick, but hours later after sitting alone in the car she went to go find him. She saw him chilling and having a good time talking to girls, with no concern that he left her in the car so she was angry and pushed him in the pool. The producers apparently knew that she was just sitting out there (while the entire cast and crew were at the pool party) and used it to their advantage that she would become increasingly agitated and it would make for a good show down.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
She looks so happy and relaxed and NORMAL in these photos. I think it would actually be better for her career if she embraced her true self and jumped off the Kardashian/ Jenner bandwagon

• Heart
Reactions: 20
She looks so happy and relaxed and NORMAL in these photos. I think it would actually be better for her career if she embraced her true self and jumped off the Kardashian/ Jenner bandwagon
Totally agree !! Just claim your size and be confident with it

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.