Laura's Views #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nail meet head!!

The fact she is so far up her own arse, that she truly believes her "audience" would take recommendations from her, regarding books.
Delusional Laura. Actually let's do a Laura on this and be 'semi' passive aggressive... #DelusionalLaurašŸ™ƒ hahah sorry girls couldn't resist.
For mE itā€™s the pure notions of it. Like if someone like Marian Keyes or an author we know and trust has a regular book club or posted genuine reviews then they would deserve to make a commission from it. Laura thinks that by putting up a post about a book, firstly that we would buy it based on that or even that we should!! And secondly that she should earn from it. Like without doing any work at all!? This is what I think is cheeky!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
For mE itā€™s the pure notions of it. Like if someone like Marian Keyes or an author we know and trust has a regular book club or posted genuine reviews then they would deserve to make a commission from it. Laura thinks that by putting up a post about a book, firstly that we would buy it based on that or even that we should!! And secondly that she should earn from it. Like without doing any work at all!? This is what I think is cheeky!
This is it!! Jess Redden started doing reviews of the books she was reading when in quarantine over in Australia, no agenda just the books she liked and a little commentary on them. Even if itā€™s not her field Iā€™d trust her reviews a lot more than someone who is being paid to do it.

Reactions: 9
I'm not on my high horse or anything and I'm definitely not the most sustainable hun a little bit of a disclaimer before I make my point šŸ˜‚ buying books is hardly sustainable?! Use a library or a kindle (amazon is the devil) like the eco queen she is, hard to believe that she wants to inspire all her followers to buy books with an affiliate code for her profit. Why not set up a book swap or something a bit more sustainable, I think that would be. More on brand but looks like she just wants the cash dollar and not thinking about her ethos and all that

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Would you say Siobhan OH said to her to recommend books that itā€™s a great little money maker? Siobhan is always doing book swipe ups. #influenced #inspired

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Wouldn't be interested in any shite book she'd reccomend anyways. Obviously in bad need for a bit of cash. Sponsors aren't flying in like they used to since she climbed into her own arse

Reactions: 7
Wouldn't be interested in any shite book she'd reccomend anyways. Obviously in bad need for a bit of cash. Sponsors aren't flying in like they used to since she climbed into her own arse
But the thing is.. she seems to be getting more work and PR boxes now more than ever šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 3
But the thing is.. she seems to be getting more work and PR boxes now more than ever šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Really? If that's the case then she's a hypocrite as well as a gobshite. She took herself off all those lists a year or two ago because this 'is just a hobby' for her. Obviously missed the easy money and free tit...

Reactions: 7
Really? If that's the case then she's a hypocrite as well as a gobshite. She took herself off all those lists a year or two ago because this 'is just a hobby' for her. Obviously missed the easy money and free tit...
Yeah sheā€™s gotten a lot of PR boxes lately! Keilidh obviously being the one she wonā€™t shut up about but supervalue sent her a big box of goodies during the week ..also another company sent her mini ā€˜flasks for your maskā€™ last week. I canā€™t think any more off the top of my head but there has been a lot more than usual!!

Reactions: 8
I noticed she didnt bother her hole to show the supervalu stuff either "I'll show as I use". I'm sure they'd rather one big plug than dribs and drab

Reactions: 4
I honestly donā€™t get this girl, I found her years ago and she doesnā€™t seem to post regularly so didnā€™t follow her that much
She popped back up in my suggested videos
Initially she comes across very intelligent, I believe she actually is, health conscious and trying to be mindful of her carbon footprint which are good traits to have as a ā€œyoutuberā€ in a world where it is filled with vapid airheads only out for money
But then she comes across so angry and aggressive a lot of the time...and really dislikes men but then likes them again I honestly canā€™t keep up with her views and opinions
She reminds me of someone who on a night out would start a row with a bouncer for looking at her friend the wrong way and get everyone kicked out of the bar
Or try to have an ā€œintelligentā€ conversation with a guy on a night out but end up bleeping arguing with him to the point he just walks away
She seems high maintenance if that makes sense not in a materialistic way that she has to be maintained with gifts or whatever
More her aggression needs to constantly be maintained and handled
Yea I canā€™t put my finger on it what it is about her

• Haha
I think you've summed it up quite well @metalbeard in that shes a walking contradiction

- she don't need no man, yet shes drooling at the thoughts of the plumber
- shes an 'inspirer' not an influencer yet shes burstimg a gut to get an affiliate book shop link
- shes all about the environment yet drives a diesel passat

And so on

Reactions: 12
@Mooordgirl why thank you sure itā€™s a gift šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Like I remember seeing her and thinking ok sheā€™s cool if I met her in a yoga class I could see myself hanging out with her grabbing a coffee...but she doesnā€™t seem at all chill or like knows how to have the craic just a constant wet blanket type
I remember she put up a video 3 months ago trying the native deodorant right
A different idea that I hadnā€™t seen tbf seeing if natural deodorants actually work šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøSure why not thatā€™s what most people do wonder about them
But she met some lad for a hike and just their whole interaction made me so uncomfortable
She mentioned using something reusable to him as if it should impress him and he was like ā€œyea I already use thatā€
The weirdest part is she text him after the hike and asked if she smelled?
To which she read out his reply
Now it seemed like a first date-ish or very early on with their dating but why the duck would you text ANYONE apart from your ma asking if you smelled today?
I bet he enjoyed their date despite her ā€œyoutubingā€ on it and was like hey weā€™ll hang out again
Then she texts asking him to rate how much she smelled!
And he was gone šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think she just feels entitled to so much it bugs my brain. She wants to recommend a book to her followers but feels like because she's doing this "service" for people she should earn something from it as someone who sees it may want to buy the book. God forbid she just tells her audience she likes something without expecting something back. I get that if you're an influencer and that is your job you want to put swipe ups and affiliate links but Laura goes to great pains to tell everyone this isn't her day job. Expecting an Irish book company to partner with you when they are all probably struggling already to make ends meet during a pandemic is just ridiculous. But I doubt Laura can see past herself and just wants to capitalise on her follower numbers. The whole thing of showing people passages from a book she is reading and then covering the title so people cant find the book themselves really annoys me irrationally.

• Heart
Is she for real..shes showing how her lashes are after 7 weeks without IGLOW...but they are lathered in mascara..so who knows what the actual real result is....!!!!!

• Haha
The video of her putting nutella on toast yestetday was the height of narcissism... the smug head of her

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The video of her putting nutella on toast yestetday was the height of narcissism... the smug head of her
But it was the day everyone quits the diets that they started for the new year and I dont know if you know but Laura isnt like the other girls so she doesnt diet. She eats SO much and is a VEGAN.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Sheā€™s losing content to post. Yesterdayā€™s conversation was based on her friend Niamhā€™s post about how yesterday was the day to fall off the wagon and then she went into a whole story about her workshops and how great Niamh is. The book content is based on other bloggers content! Her three contents are walking, makeup and coffees. Thereā€™s nothing unique or likeable about the girl. Her lack of stories are a result of how boring she really is in real life. But Iā€™ve found every blogger to be like that since covid hit. I spent 2 weeks restricting my moments recently and my life was more exciting than theirs. Laura is certainly working hard trying to get affiliated with companies and brands. I donā€™t see SuperValu sending me parcels so she had to contact them on the sly without posting about it! I doubt any company flicks through her Instagram and goes wow she looks like a great brand ambassador for her Iā€™ll send her a parcel!! sheā€™s plaguing them and jumping around like donkey in shriek saying pick me pick me!! And then goes oh my god look what arrived in the post for me ā€œIā€™m so shockedā€ šŸ™„

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.