Laura Whitmore #2 Stevie’s mom, has not got it going on!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The “Ask me Anything” answers...I thought she sounded like a teenager blathering on at high speed about her favourite colour / makeup brand / snack. And then her MO, the defensiveness about breastfeeding. I think she’s not remotely bright or emotionally intelligent at all and has been pandered to for so long that she’s never really had to engage her brain beyond talking about her makeup routine. And Iain’s post read like he was being ironic.
I hate when people make breastfeeding their personality. She’s always going on about pumping and posting pics of her pump or breast pads. Bore off.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
That tweet 🤣🤣🤣 you can imagine her in the background jabbing him in the ribs and hissing ‘make sure you say how easy I make it look but it’s really hard’

• Haha
Reactions: 18
She was so rude chatting into her phone answering those dull questions whilst her poor makeup artist was trying to her job and put on her makeup. I worked as a make up artist years ago, I was hired to do the make up of a minor Irish tv actress who had been in like one thing. She was so arrogant and blathered into her iPhone the whole time while I tried to do her makeup. (It was around 2008, iPhones were quite rare then, so she was probably showing off) Laura reminded me of her.
PLEASE give us a clue who the Irish actress was! 😂 were her initials CM by any chance?

Reactions: 3
It is all adding up that she/they are rattled by criticism. The way she deals with it is just all wrong though. The papers are sniping at her lately because she bullied a journo, social media users turn on her because she is so thin skinned she snaps back at people, and commentators point out the hypocrisy in her messaging (sustainability, feminism, be kind etc etc).

She just keeps clapping back and doubling down though, ALWAYS makes it worse for herself. When most people would be keeping their head down and remaining professional, she is spamming her socials with post after post after post of her posing, and now even getting her husband to big her up, which is the MOST cringe thing ever. I mean, did they really expect anyone to read that and say 'hey you know what... he's right!' - surely they've both been around long enough to realise just how naff that would appear? They truly have disappeared up their own arses now.

View attachment 669374

Cringing so hard here.... 😬😬😬
That tweet though. I mean, isn’t that her actual job? It’s not like they’ve pulled the catering assistant off her duties last minute to fill in for someone who’s off sick. It’s the very basics of what they’re paying her £600k to do. If she was that that good at her job, we wouldn’t need reminding and it’s not like she’s performing heart surgery, Iain. She’s just a tv presenter. You could probably put a monkey in front of the camera that could do half that stuff for a lot less. And it would be more entertaining.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
That tweet though. I mean, isn’t that her actual job? It’s not like they’ve pulled the catering assistant off her duties last minute to fill in for someone who’s off sick. It’s the very basics of what they’re paying her £600k to do. If she was that that good at her job, we wouldn’t need reminding and it’s not like she’s performing heart surgery, Iain. She’s just a tv presenter. You could probably put a monkey in front of the camera that could do half that stuff for a lot less. And it would be more entertaining.
It reminds me of the twitter thread Jack Monroe did, detailing everything that went into a 6 minute cooking slot (she was like, I start prepping days in advance, then I have to get up really early and get the train into London, I have to do my own make up, I barely have time to eat, etc etc SO MUCH WORK GOES INTO THIS 6 MINUTE SLOT). Needless to say, it was about her second last slot on This Morning before they fired her for being absolutely tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It’s a testament to Caroline’s talent and hard work that she made it look so easy and natural.

Pointing out how challenging something like that is defeats the purpose. Imagine if a ballerina did the same after you’d seen them at the Royal Opera House.

I get the feeling public opinion has really turned for both of them and all they are now doing is accelerating it.

Reactions: 19
Just watching aftersun from last night ! Its the first one I have watched this series as cba & omg im fast forwarding lots of it , I would never have done that with caroline, in fact I probably watched it mainly for caroline, god i miss her being on our screens 💔. I know you shouldnt compare but Laura will never come even remotely close to caroline , she just has no warmth or charisma at all in fact all i want to do is switch off, there are way better presenters that itv could use

• Heart
Reactions: 8
When she records herself on her stories, why does she hold the camera so uncomfortably close to her face? I feel like she’s going to swallow her phone

Reactions: 1
I can't remember that woman who is on after sun every week, but she would be fantastic at presenting that and the main show when needed. She's so much fun, warm, bubbly, she definitely has what Laura doesn't.

What’s with the love bombing of all things Irish lately. Is she trying to get a gig over here or something? I wonder is she eyeing up a short presenting gig she could do for a few weeks on RTÉ in case work dries up in the UK. She must look at the kinds of jobs Una Healy gets and thinks it’s a nice handy number.

Reactions: 1
I don't watch Love Island, but the main things I'm seeing about it online this year are the contestants are boring, the ratings have dipped and comments wondering where Laura is, or that she doesn't look very comfortable presenting Aftersun

I don't think for a minute ITV2 will cancel it as it's still their highest rated show by a mile. But surely a revamp is on the cards, and one of the easiest things to do is get a new presenter, so Laura must be bricking it right now

Also, if itv really are paying her 600k to present a spin off show once a week that no one watches, then more fool them
Consolidated ratings (including itv hub etc) are actually up on the last series. It's picked up since the football ended too

A new presenter will not make any difference to the show. I get people dislike her but changing the host will not improve the show!! Contestants have cottoned on to the fact that they can go on the show, be marmite and you can stick around as long as possible and make a killing with deals.

Reactions: 2
Ask me anything's, husband bragging tweets and now videos of her singing to her child *badly*. It's almost as if she's a bit rattled by the dire ratings or someone has had a word in her ear to appear more likeable. Good luck with that 🤭

Reactions: 10
Oh god the singing is so CRINGE. I shrivelled up listening to that. The “begosh and begorrah” plastic paddy act is so embarrassing and I say that as an Irish person that has lived in the UK nearly as long as her. Alienated the Irish fans by setting the trolls on one of her own, now she’s winning no favours with the UK press and sponsored by the Irish tourist board, let’s lash out a few tunes as gaeilge to be hashtag relatable and hashtag authentic. The confidence for someone that can’t hold a note is impressive though, kind of a theme with her really.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.