Laura Jane Williams

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone follow her Instagram? What do you think? I think she's great but can only watch her stories on mute as the accent she puts on drives me crazy

Reactions: 1
Cannot stand her. Full of platitudes about self love. That video of her falling over though was hilarious.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Her accent drives me insane!! Why does she put the American accent on?
I remember her sharing a thing in the past about how intelligent people pick up the accent of those around them... She must think that's what happened during her time spent in the States 😂

I don't dislike her but find her incredibly smug.
Yeah I agree with this. I listening to Becoming audio book and it was basically about people telling her how great she is but read by her and I couldn't finish it.

Reactions: 2
Have been dyyyying for someone to make a thread about her! Definitely one of those who only replies/engages with other big influencers. And not keen how she’s moved to Derbyshire yet slags it off all the time (I’m from the area). Very fake.

• Heart
Cannot stand her at all! Smug as duck, baby voice, one of these people who thinks they’ve lived but really has just had a boring middle class life, thinks she’s the only woman in the world to ever do anything.

Have been dyyyying for someone to make a thread about her! Definitely one of those who only replies/engages with other big influencers. And not keen how she’s moved to Derbyshire yet slags it off all the time (I’m from the area). Very fake.
Wish I’d known, I didn’t make this thread but I thought I was the only one who didn’t like her (apart from @Ellabella who seems to have my exact same taste ha!!!)

• Haha
I had to unfollow and block this woman because everything about her did my head in. Zero engagement, ridiculous voice, and her EYEBROWS oh GOD. I don't know why they wind me up so much but they do. It's a shame, because sometimes she does have some good and insightful things to say, but most of the time they're buried among so much privileged, middle-class bullshit. I imagine she'll turn into a full-blown Instamum once she adopts a baby (and is it horrible of me to say that it almost seems like she's so gung-ho about doing that for the money she'll get from it?).

I had to unfollow and block this woman because everything about her did my head in. Zero engagement, ridiculous voice, and her EYEBROWS oh GOD. I don't know why they wind me up so much but they do. It's a shame, because sometimes she does have some good and insightful things to say, but most of the time they're buried among so much privileged, middle-class bullshit. I imagine she'll turn into a full-blown Instamum once she adopts a baby (and is it horrible of me to say that it almost seems like she's so gung-ho about doing that for the money she'll get from it?).
Yes to all of this- the eyebrows bug me too. They’re like semi circles. And then some. You just KNOW she’s going to write a book about the adoption process, articles in every middle class women’s mag going about it. Some stupid name for the kid. Not putting their face online but happy to show the gifted Boden baby grow. Again, she doesn’t understand what privilege she has of being able to adopt. I’ve got a friend who was turned down because her husband suffered from severe depression a decade ago. She boils my piss!

Reactions: 7
She absolutely wants to be the only single woman who’s ever adopted. If you look at any posts regarding adoption, there’s loads of different types of people (including plenty of single women) sharing their experiences/advice and she never replies to a single one. She finds time to reply to other influencers who tell her how amazing she is lol. If you were really passionate about adoption, you’d engage with them to normalise it. Instead she ignores. Proper case of ‘me me and only me’ syndrome.

I'm so confused by this thread - why waste all this energy hating someone you don't even know? Why not just unfollow and be done? What does this negativity and cruelty add to your own lives? Does talking tit about other people make you feel better about yourselves? If it does, maybe examine that. If it doesn't, well then why on earth would you be doing it?

Laura Jane is a person, just like you all are, and you're saying such mean things. How would you feel if there was an entire forum dedicated to demeaning your looks and your life choices?

Be better, people.

I'm so confused by this thread - why waste all this energy hating someone you don't even know? Why not just unfollow and be done? What does this negativity and cruelty add to your own lives? Does talking tit about other people make you feel better about yourselves? If it does, maybe examine that. If it doesn't, well then why on earth would you be doing it?

Laura Jane is a person, just like you all are, and you're saying such mean things. How would you feel if there was an entire forum dedicated to demeaning your looks and your life choices?

Be better, people.
I wouldn't give a tit as I wouldn't have my name on Google alerts and then make an Instagram post crying over it.

Reactions: 8
See what I don’t get is the arrogance of ‘how dare anyone say anything negative about me ever’ rather than whining about it, she had an opportunity to acknowledge that people will always think and say things about other people but if she’s confident in herself then that’s what matters. Isn’t that a better message to put out than expect everyone in the world to love you?
It doesn’t make you a troll to say things on here, this is a safe place to have a moan, akin to having a coffee with a friend. Would she prefer people pepper her IG comments with negativity? Just don’t read it if you don’t want to hear it, you don’t hide in your friends cupboards to hear every gossipy thing they might say about you!

Laura I follow you and enjoy what you have to say most of the time but I don’t think what’s been said here was particularly bad compared to other threads to be honest. Missed opportunity to be a grown up about it and instead you’ve just come across a bit arrogant and entitled which backs up what people on here have said 🤷🏼‍♀️X

Reactions: 7
I actually don’t follow Laura BECAUSE of the reason I called her out. I noticed that she never replied to people who were sharing personal experiences with her, but always replies to other influencers with a big following. It just wasn’t my cup of tea.

It got me thinking how impractical it is for users with a big following to be the ‘matey’/real persona they use to market themselves in REAL life - especially with such a large audience. She prompted me to look at all the influencers I follow and swiftly hit unfollow!

If you’re using a persona to sell things (books, articles, courses, events) on a public forum you’re opening yourself up to criticism, dislike, hate/trolling but also praise, love and community. The fact Laura doesn’t really do community well despite giving off that image prompted me to criticise - it doesn’t go any further than that. To me, these posts are critical and don’t cross the line into nasty.

It’s also worth noting if your persona isn’t really how you are in real life, it’s either going to annoy people as the falseness will come through or people will enjoy and follow along. As we see here (some comments on the thread are positive which she hasn’t noted!)...

I don’t see how this forum is different to Instagram really - it’s a safe space to have a natter. It’s almost ‘crueler’ to shame people for opinions you don’t like (as Laura has done to incite sympathy) than to express them in the first place. I mean, setting a google alert up for your name is never going to end well.

Let’s be real, she was never going to read the comments here and say ‘bit mean to say stuff about my appearance lads but you know what, there’s a point - I’m going to write an article about how Instagram isn’t reality’ because it’s hard to admit people aren’t keen on you.

She’s actually got it a bit wrong because her online persona would have had a good giggle about it, maybe read the comments in a comedy accent, buy a Boden baby grow. You know the matey Bridget Jones stuff she’s always doing 😂. Turning into a pity party will just get exhausting.

I actually don’t really dislike her as I don’t know her and wish her very well, her content just isn’t for me and I have no issue saying so! Don’t feel bad guys, opinions are simply that 👌

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The way she spoke about this place was such a pity party. LJW- some people don’t like you and that’s ok. Get a thicker skin! I had a patient tell me I’d be better off dead yesterday... I shrugged it off. The way you speak about yourself, the adoption, life in general just stinks of not knowing your privlidge, being as fake as anything and believing you’re the first woman to take a shite. Get over yourself.

I think truth hurts and the reason she didn’t like what she read is there is some truth in it, especially the adoption side of things and that she is gearing up to be an instamum - I’m sure she’s seeing it as a nice way to make some extra money and is already planning the outfits she will wear for the school run and so on...
I do think some of these influencers must run their hands with glee when they see a tattle thread about them... it’s a chance to do a poor me post and get loads of people boosting their ego in the comments.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.