Laura Delaney

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Probably one of the Tiktokers causing the biggest stir and split opinion with the Insta Mums at the moment.

She says shes trying to show the side to parenting that most others don't show.

Often films herself pushing her young kids over, swearing at them, generally degrading them, shouting at them and general controversial parenting.

She's allegedly been reported to social services by numerous people.
As much as I think it's maybe a step too far, her language is absolutely atrocious and her actions are somewhat questionable in my opinion.

Thoughts?

Reactions: 5
I'm all for showing the real side of parenting. But swearing at young children is just too far. The language she uses is vulgar. The kids have no discipline, they're constantly drawing on walls, weeing everywhere. Dont get me wrong my 2 year old loves a wall art but he knows its naughty when he's done it. I'm also a single mum so know how hard she must be finding it right now. But absolutely disagree with the swearing and pushing. They're small children. People in the comments saying they all swear at their kids too? Am I missing something?

Reactions: 10
I'm all for showing the real side of parenting. But swearing at young children is just too far. The language she uses is vulgar. The kids have no discipline, they're constantly drawing on walls, weeing everywhere. Dont get me wrong my 2 year old loves a wall art but he knows its naughty when he's done it. I'm also a single mum so know how hard she must be finding it right now. But absolutely disagree with the swearing and pushing. They're small children. People in the comments saying they all swear at their kids too? Am I missing something?
Completely agree.
Swearing around children is normal, noones perfect, we all do it. But she swears AT them, makes me cringe everytime I see her do it.
Being a single mum is the hardest job in the world, but I feel like she's using it as an excuse to be a tit parent.

Yeah the comments section is so split... A ton of mums justifying it and a ton of mums disgusted.

Reactions: 3
Yeah, kids are testing and times are overwhelming right now but in no way would I ever swear at a child, whether they were, 2, 8 or 10. I think shes quite funny, but needs to stop the swearing and her daughter looks old enough to be going the toilet?!

Reactions: 1
The thing that gets me and when she takes the piss out of mums baking, playing pding crafts etc with their kids.

Calling them the bleeping stepford wives.

How is it a bad thing to care about your childrens education and want them to have a fun day with activities etc?

Reactions: 7
I know all she seems to be bothered about is sitting down in quiet. Then goes mad that the kids have drawn on the walls. Sit down with your children and interact with them. Cure their boredom and you'll have less work to do cleaning it all up. Take them the toilet regularly, stop the "99% chance of sitting in piss if you go into your house"

Reactions: 4
Her youtube videos paint a different picture so part of me thinks the persona on tiktok and instagram is put on for the likes. She's tried to be 'real' but taken it too far. She has talked on instagram about her mental health issues so it may be something to do with that. I understand it's hard and even harder atm to be a single parent, but part of me wants to scream that she needs to at least just take them out to let off steam and teach them not to destroy things! The kids are feral. 🤔

It all comes down to how you find the best way to cope.
I've learned that with two mini tornadoes under your feet, things are going to be messy and get broken or destroyed no matter how much you try and supervise your kids and yes, you can get mad, shout/scream, punish your kids to learn some discipline but that also gets criticism, or you can learn that mess can be tidied, walls can be painted, items can be replaced. It's no big deal. If that's her attitude, then fair play to her. No one is the perfect parent and each to their own.
We can see across various platforms, she doesnt abuse her kids and actually loves them very very much. I think shes amazing tbh

Reactions: 10
I agree with silentwhisper13. I'm a mum of two, ive watched Laura's videos and I've Never seen her abuse, degrade or push her children. Yes she may swear in front of them, I know plenty of other parents that do, my parents did its not done me any damage at the end of the day they are only words. It's not like she is calling them names! I think she is doing an amazing job as a single mum with three children whilst breastfeeding during lockdown, it's hard enough being a parent without thta added pressure. Kids are messy and do destroy the house, they look happy to me and so does she and I think that is the most important thing. As she has said on her Instagram she does exaggerate the swearing on her tik Tok videos and most of the time her children aren't even around when is swearing..I've found her funny and totally relatable to my life and know many other feel the same.

Reactions: 21
I actually quite like her. My children are tornados like hers and I find her really relatable. I've never seen her shout horribly or swear at her children degrading them, I think it's clear to see her tiktok videos are exaggerated specific moments of her day rather than the full picture. I really admire her attitude of 'the kids have messed the house up, it's irritating but not the end of the world' in this grey spotless home era we seem to be living in at the moment. I also love how she portrays breastfeeding a toddler and how clingy they can be.

Reactions: 8
It all comes down to how you find the best way to cope.
I've learned that with two mini tornadoes under your feet, things are going to be messy and get broken or destroyed no matter how much you try and supervise your kids and yes, you can get mad, shout/scream, punish your kids to learn some discipline but that also gets criticism, or you can learn that mess can be tidied, walls can be painted, items can be replaced. It's no big deal. If that's her attitude, then fair play to her. No one is the perfect parent and each to their own.
We can see across various platforms, she doesnt abuse her kids and actually loves them very very much. I think shes amazing tbh
I agree but there has to be a consequence or they will keep repeating the same behaviour like drawing on walls spraying makeup on walls,
Why not get Holly to clean it off with a magic eraser and then tidy up yourself in the bedroom while she is doing it,
Of course there will be a tantrum but you have to be firm and say I’m sorry you made this mess you need to remove it ,
The same with toys have a large box or two and say come on let’s pick up the toys and all the family can help throw them all back in ,
You are their mum not their servant and teaching kids self sufficiency is very important especially when they start school and need to work as a team.
I dunno call me old fashioned but she seems like a lazy parent maybe she is exhausted so I cannot judge but there again she wouldn’t be exhausted if she implemented a bedtime routine,
It would be bedlam for a week or two while they adjust to the new normal but it would help Laura in the long run, everyone needs some me time and have that time alone.
I feel Laura is TOO nice of a person I really like her it’s obvious that she loves her children a lot but she is alone and the kids are taking advantage of her kindness and taking the Mickey.
Laura needs to take back control and implement some rules.

Reactions: 4
I’m not a mum, but I cringe at some of the stuff she comes out with around her children. Don’t get me wrong, some of the light hearted stuff can be amusing but the language is terrible. I do often wonder if it’s put on for TikTok.

• Wow
I’ve watched her for a while and have never seen her push her children. That’s quite a serious accusation to make without any proof 😬

I do feel for her. She's obviously been through a lot which has effected the children as they have no routine with food or sleep.

She's just set up an only fans so she may be struggling financially

I'm a bit confused, do all her children have different Dad's or just two of them? *No problem with it if they do all have different Dad's btw! I just can't work out the family set up.

I'm a bit confused, do all her children have different Dad's or just two of them? *No problem with it if they do all have different Dad's btw! I just can't work out the family set up.
Her younger 2 have the same dad I think. She's talked about Alfie and how he doesn't know his dad in one of her YouTube videos

Just watched one of her vlogs and wow how sweet is her oldest boy Alfie he’s just adorable. She’s obviously done a good job raising him 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
I used to follow her on tiktok but not anymore. Some of them were really quite upsetting and I’m not even a mum! I stumbled across a very small YouTuber after watching a school haul (Dawn Marie Anderson) and it’s like night and day the differences. Yes she’s trying to show the side to parenting that mums don’t show but I get the feeling this is her the majority of the time. It’s such a shame to see