Laura Byrne

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone see her story today about the council collecting their old dining room table and chairs? So the same person who in lockdown was “offering” help to locals, now can’t even donate her old furniture?! Unless it was literally broken, it could go to a charity shop, a women’s shelter or help someone get on their feet in a new place. I just don’t understand, apart from wanting to appear kinder and more thoughtful than she is but than I guess that’s the whole point of an influencer. Deceive your followers and make them think you’re a good person. And I used to think Laura wasn’t too bad but she’s shown her true colours a lot lately.
When it was mentioned about her not gifting any toys she receives she starting saying the kids don't keep them all she donates some ,going by the way the house is banged out with toys I'd say that's a lie ,Laura doesn't come across as the charitable type ,she doesn't seem to have many friends or leave the house I'd doubt she'd be rolling up to a refuge like daddy Warbucks !

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I thought she was for promoting body confidence,she looks fine to me but clearly filtered in this pic
A68EF1DC-0DA4-44AF-990F-340D84A123C7.jpeg

Reactions: 1
Awww her stories today broke my heart!! She really is lovely bless her
I just came to say the same thing. It must be even more difficult for her having health anxiety and going through something like this. I’m really glad she spoke about it though.

Reactions: 2
Oh gosh was she, poor love. Didn't she have a scare a while back too?! I might have the wrong YouTuber though.
Did she say if she had the all clear?

Yeah she had a scare a couple of years ago I think she was talking about her cousin that died and how it encouraged her to get checked.

• Heart
Oh gosh was she, poor love. Didn't she have a scare a while back too?! I might have the wrong YouTuber though.
Did she say if she had the all clear?
I haven’t seen her post since but I haven’t looked at Instagram.

• Heart
Her latest grid post is a blatant rip off of this that’s going around. Surely normal life is having 100 things to remember to do? Especially when you’re a mum.

Wonder if Mike working from home more will mean she’ll stop being so lazy and actually clean and tidy the house instead of claiming she’s not in the right mindset. Did anyone see the absolutely ridiculous mound of presents in the dining room? Beyond excessive. No wonder their house is bursting at the seams.
2B25EE41-2005-4338-B456-D490ACB864BB.png

Reactions: 2
I like Laura, but nothing drives me mad more than parents who immerse themselves in school life and then moan about it like it's their 9-5. If you don't want to be in the PTA, don't join it. If you don't want to be a WhatsApp group type of parent (and trust me, it would make the teachers' lives a hell of a lot easier if you weren't), mute it and leave it for emergencies. You absolutely can be a parent who just does drop-offs, pick-ups and parents' evenings if you want to.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I like Laura, but nothing drives me mad more than parents who immerse themselves in school life and then moan about it like it's their 9-5. If you don't want to be in the PTA, don't join it. If you don't want to be a WhatsApp group type of parent (and trust me, it would make the teachers' lives a hell of a lot easier if you weren't), mute it and leave it for emergencies. You absolutely can be a parent who just does drop-offs, pick-ups and parents' evenings if you want to.
My kids are toddlers so I'm totally ignorant but what do school parents even talk about on a WhatsApp? 😂 (before covid haha)

My kids are toddlers so I'm totally ignorant but what do school parents even talk about on a WhatsApp? 😂 (before covid haha)
Competitive homework. Asking if “is that all” won’t win you any friends.
Is it PE day today
Is it non uniform next week
How do we log into seesaw / bugclub/ matheletics/ spelling frame
Is anyone going to the park this afternoon
Does anyone have a number of a plumber
Please read this fundraiser
Can anyone recommend a swimming lesson

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’d say she’s part of the PTA because she has nothing else to do. I have a toddler too so have no idea but judging by your comments @HelloHello i’m not sure why she finds it so difficult! 😂

She’s always complaining about something, she seems so miserable. But I agree, don’t be part of it if it’s such a stress. I’m sure the other parents that are in it don’t find it so stressful and probably actually have jobs too!

Competitive homework. Asking if “is that all” won’t win you any friends.
Is it PE day today
Is it non uniform next week
How do we log into seesaw / bugclub/ matheletics/ spelling frame
Is anyone going to the park this afternoon
Does anyone have a number of a plumber
Please read this fundraiser
Can anyone recommend a swimming lesson
I mean that’s pretty spot on 😂glad I’m no longer in one

I’d say she’s part of the PTA because she has nothing else to do. I have a toddler too so have no idea but judging by your comments @HelloHello i’m not sure why she finds it so difficult! 😂

She’s always complaining about something, she seems so miserable. But I agree, don’t be part of it if it’s such a stress. I’m sure the other parents that are in it don’t find it so stressful and probably actually have jobs too!
I don’t think she’s social or outspoken enough to be on the pta tbh

From an external perspective, it seems like whilst some of it is used for good (i.e. getting next week's spellings when your kid is off sick), a lot of the time is spent getting the wrong end of the stick about things that they could simply ask their child's teacher about. Having taught classes both with and without a huge parent WhatsApp culture, the difference is enormous - it's generally easier to build relationships with the parents who aren't a big part of the groups because they actually feel the need to communicate with you.
Better parent/teacher relationships = greater cohesion across home and school = a happier child.

Reactions: 4
One thing they are useful for - when your little treasures come home wearing someone else’s jumper / missing a correct shoe