Last movie you watched?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How about having a general thread to talk about / review the last movie we've seen? I'll use spoiler as to not ruin endings

Knifes Out
I did like it, but it's scored so high on rotten tomatoes, IMDb and meta critic I was expecting it to be alot smarter. It was more like a murder she wrote. Not sure why it's been so praised. But I did like seeing Chris Evans in a chunky knit 😆

I'm not very smart and was distracted throughout, but guessed very early on it was him and from what the old guy said about his family not knowing what are real knives at the start I knew that would be a fake knife. The invisible ink was obvious too. Only lose end I needed explaining was the house keeper,but I had no idea who that was after the reveal so must have missed her parts 😆

7/10

Reactions: 2
The Lion King.
It was ok Im glad they keep the original music and songs but I hated the fact they changed and left out some of the words. As a lifelong Lion King fan who know the words off by heart It kind of ruined it for me when I was waiting for a certain line and it had been changed/left out. eg when Simba's dad dies in the original and Simba says 'help anybody..somebody' the 'somebody' gets me everytime but they didn't have it in the new version so IMO it didn't have the same effect.

5/10

Watched JoJo Rabbit and Knives Out most recently!

JoJo Rabbit was fantastic, I’m a huge Taika Waititi fan and although it wasn’t quite as hilarious as Hunt for the Wilderpeople it was still brilliant!

I loved Knives Out too, at first I thought it would be a bit of an Agatha Christie style who-dunnit but that’s quickly overlooked and there are some great twists and thena

Pretty Woman
10/10
One of my favourite films, Julia Roberts is insaaane 😍

Reactions: 3
I saw Last Christmas this afternoon. Wasn't sure what I would think of it after hearing it's been labelled a stinker and worst film of all time! But I really really enjoyed it! Will deffo be one I'll watch time and time again!

Latest film I watched on TV was Jumanji with my 12 year old. Didn't think I would like it but surprised myself and did! I think I'd go as far as saying I preferred it to the old one. Now need to watch the new one although that looks quite confusing!

Bohemian Rhapsody, I enjoyed it. Thought Rami Malek did a good job as Freddie. Now can’t stop listening to Queen songs though 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The Irishman on Netflix. It was good but really long at 3 and a half hours so I did start to lose interest half way through

Reactions: 3
No one is giving ratings for cats, is it really that bad? 😆

Joker

Beautifully shot and very compelling seeing mental health approached like that. I really like a good twist to make me want to rewatch it in a different light (like shutter Island) but the bits that were imagination were pretty obvious and it all played out as expected. He was great in it.

7.5 / 10 (might rate it higher when I rewatch as I probably missed some compelling bits)