Last movie you watched?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just got back from seeing 1917, thought it was absolutely incredible!

also saw some great trailers for upcoming movies such as Dark Waters, Mulan and Parasite - definitely ones to watch!
oh I’m so excited to finally get to see Parasite soon!

I watched the documentary about Anton Yelchin called Love Antosha. I came across the link and I ended up watching the whole thing. As someone who has lost a child, hearing his parents talk about him spoke words to me because you can hear how much they love and miss him. It was really moving and I didn’t know much about Anton (I’ve only seen a handful of his movies, but now I want to watch more) but it sounds like he was a genuinely lovely guy and it’s so sad what happened to him, after he had a not so easy few years by the sounds of things. 😞

Marriage Story on Netflix - powerful acting by both main characters tugs at the heartstrings 😥

Reactions: 1
Just seen Jojo Rabbit - it was quirky and something a little bit different, but I enjoyed it nonetheless 👍🏽🍿

I watched Assassin's Creed last night. I hadn't much of a clue what was going on but I'll watch anything with Michael Fassbender in 😋

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Watched bad boys for life on Friday, was pleasantly surprised how good it was, easy watch and had the good humour of the previous ones 👍🏼

Tell me who I am on Netflix

I was pretty moving but it felt quite exploitative to me. Maybe it’s because I had similar experiences as a kid but it didn’t sit right.

• Sad
Killing of a sacred deer

I need to start looking up movies for trigger warnings because that one was definitely one for me 😞

Uncut Gems

It is highly acclaimed and I can appreciate it’s technically very good, the acting is excellent but... I don’t know, I just feel like I’ve been yelled at for two hours. It was just too much.

Uncut Gems

It is highly acclaimed and I can appreciate it’s technically very good, the acting is excellent but... I don’t know, I just feel like I’ve been yelled at for two hours. It was just too much.
their filmmaking style is certainly a love-or-hate thing. I will probably watch it tonight once the kids are in bed. I liked Good Time.

their filmmaking style is certainly a love-or-hate thing. I will probably watch it tonight once the kids are in bed. I liked Good Time.
Let me know how you find it. I feel pleased I’ve seen it, as I can appreciate it is very well done and the way tension is raised and held throughout is impressive. Adam Sandler deserves the praise he’s getting. But I’d hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Met up with a friend who I haven’t seen in forever and for old times sake we went to see a movie (we bonded in university over the fact we’re both film buffs)

we caught Parasite and wow! Loved it. I’ve always loved Memories of Murder but I think this has surpassed it as my favourite Bong film.

Let me know how you find it. I feel pleased I’ve seen it, as I can appreciate it is very well done and the way tension is raised and held throughout is impressive. Adam Sandler deserves the praise he’s getting. But I’d hesitate to recommend it to anyone.
Forgot to reply about UG. I enjoyed it, but it was pretty anxiety inducing (which I’m sure is the point). It took me a while to get into it but the second half of the movie picked up and I got into it more. Adam Sandler did do a great job with it. I don’t really like the guy but I kept forgetting it was actually him.

Watched Irishman last night. Never realised it was 3 bloody hours long but was enjoying it so much I ended up not getting to bed till 2am but had to watch till the end 😂.

Last edited: