Last Film You Watched? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I finally went to see Dune! It was super long, and it only goes through the events of the first of the six books in the series, but intriguing, well-acted ( I spent a lot of time thinking “Who is he/she?“. I hot major Star Wars vibes from the setting and the costumes, which I really enjoyed. There was a fair amount of double-crossing and lots of characters to keep track of, but I think it was good overall. I appreciated the active role the women had, they were brave, clever and took charge when necessary. The all female religious order was terrifying, and Charlotte Rampling as the head of it was pretty terrifying!
It was pretty long wasnt it? I listened to an interview with the director and he described Star Wars existence as "the elephant in the room", I think any scifi just has to accept its gonna look like/make people think of SW!!
Charlotte Rampling was immense

The Conjuring : The Devil Made Me Do It - now it's in Netflix. Very jumpy, loved it.

Reactions: 2
The Holiday. I'd never seen it before and while it wasn't anything groundbreaking, I enjoyed it. Mainly for 2006 Jude Law

Bond: No Time to Die - holy shitballs! I’ve never rated tiny feet mouse chin Craig as Bond, but this was like Jilly Cooper had a field day with the script! Ooohhh it was bad! Craig plays Bond as moody and sulky…he’s supposed to be suave and sophisticated, not an overgrown teenager, it’s so wrong. He isn’t naturally sexy so does that weird bunched shoulder arched arm swagger men have started doing to look macho…like a cowboy impersonation. He’s no Sean Connery that’s for sure

Mermaid.
It's a Chinese comedy romance about a rich guy who is destroying the sea with pollution from his company and so the mermaids send someone to kill him but long cringy story short they start to fall in love. I really don't understand why the leader of the mermaids is an octopus.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Mermaid.
It's a Chinese comedy romance about a rich guy who is destroying the sea with pollution from his company and so the mermaids send someone to kill him but long cringy story short they start to fall in love. I really don't understand why the leader of the mermaids is an octopus.
I have to see this 😄

Rewatched Ghost with Patrick Swayze. I love the movie so much.

Reactions: 1
Final Girls
A girl & her friends are transported into the movie of a slasher horror movie which stared her mam who has since passed. It looks like it should be good movie with lots of comedy. It unfortunately just doesn't do the job. If it were better then it would of been a really good & popular movie. It makes sense how I hadn't heard anything about it before watching it.

Sherni - An Indian village is plagued by a tiger called T12. A woman is in charge of the park department that handles the case but outside forces get involved for political reasons. Great movie.

The Night House
A couple build their house on a lake. There is only 1 neighbor who lives far away. There are lots of windows and no curtains in the house.
The husband shoots himself on a row boat on the lake. The wife starts to think she is being haunted by her husband and also finds another house she can't explain. It isn't really a horror movie, there wasn't any jump scares, maybe it's a thriller. Worth a watch though.

Jumanji the original. I must have had to return the VHS as a kid before finishing it because 90% of the movie was a surprise. Little Cameron Diaz is such a great actress.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.