Last Film You Watched? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I finally went to see Dune! It was super long, and it only goes through the events of the first of the six books in the series, but intriguing, well-acted ( I spent a lot of time thinking “Who is he/she?“. I hot major Star Wars vibes from the setting and the costumes, which I really enjoyed. There was a fair amount of double-crossing and lots of characters to keep track of, but I think it was good overall. I appreciated the active role the women had, they were brave, clever and took charge when necessary. The all female religious order was terrifying, and Charlotte Rampling as the head of it was pretty terrifying!

Reactions: 2
On TV - The Dry, with Eric Bana - was absolutely fantastic, much better than I thought.

In the cinema - Space Jam: A New Legacy. It was fine.
I really enjoyed the Dry as well. I will watch anything with Eric Bana though. :)

Reactions: 1
I watched Halloween Kills las night. Was OK, not great. Something was off, maybe the acting or the writing. Some of the jump & death scenes were good & gorey but then others were OTT in a bad way. I think there was cheesy cliques done in a cringe way too. I just not sure if it was supposed to come across like that or not.

Am going to cinema to see Last Night in Soho tomorrow. Can't wait.

I watched The Devil’s Rejects last night. It was actually weirdly engrossing for a B film. The acting wasn’t bad and I love those grimy deep South Americana films. Full of gore, yes, but Squid Game was worse.

Reactions: 1
Dear Evan Hansen. Despite Ben Platt looking about 40 at certain points instead of 18, I absolutely loved it and was so emotional by the end. The cinema was split into people who loved it (easily spotted as they were wiping away copious amounts of tears at the end) and those who walked out about twenty minutes in (three separate parties did this).

I watched 'Yesterday' a couple of days ago. I've seen it before but I do think it's an underrated Working Title/Richard Curtis film.

I also watched 'Ripper Untold'. Poor British semi horror film. It was filmed in the style of a documentary/drama on an obviously tiny budget. A different take on a very old story though.

Last Night In Soho , was very good. It good thriller and had few twists & turns. I didn't guess the full ending so that was cool. Acting was good. I'd def recommend.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.