Lalalaletmeexplain

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve followed her for many years and now had to unfollow.

She’s begging for people to pay her to create instagrams material because she chose to jack in her job. Are people paying for a middle aged woman to dish out advice that hasn’t served her?

I’m so shocked that she’s saying she can’t make money from it so we should all pay to hear her talk a fair amount of left wing propaganda and judgement.

https://www.instagram.com/lalalaletmeexplain/

• Wow
Reactions: 18
isn’t their feed just full of stolen memes?
The captions are more meaningful than the memes.

I’m a lala stan, she deserves more of a platform than most of the other vapid influencers out there who are far better paid but have no substance. At least she is actually qualified to give advice. I wish she’d been around when I was younger, I could swerved so many bad situations.

Reactions: 46
The captions are more meaningful than the memes.

I’m a lala stan, she deserves more of a platform than most of the other vapid influencers out there who are far better paid but have no substance. At least she is actually qualified to give advice. I wish she’d been around when I was younger, I could swerved so many bad situations.
I agree with you about her content - she does write some sense but are we really asking people to pay for it? Now I get the advice stuff - I’ve seen a few accounts charge for this 121 service but let’s not get it twisted, we have done enough to support her, share her content, up her engagement because those follows is what gets her slots on podcasts and opportunities.

How qualified is she exactly? It’s all really hush hush which I understand to protect her identity but I just don’t believe it until I see proof.

No shade but would you sign up to access a live? It seems very sanctimonious.

Reactions: 5
Middle aged? Isn’t she 36?

I think she does a great service when it comes to educating women about abusive men.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
isn’t their feed just full of stolen memes?
Isn’t most of Instagram full of recycled memes? She always credits where they come from if she knows and says if she doesn’t 🤷🏼‍♀️

I’ve recommended several of my friends to follow Lala when they have been going through crappy relationships (or life in general) and they have all been grateful for the tip and her content.
I’ve joined lots of her insta lives, which she does weekly regardless of whether you contribute towards her, and have always left with some really valuable insights.
In a world where social media and this image of perfect lives and relationships are rife, it’s so easy for vulnerable, naive, and even normally level headed people to get caught up in toxic relationships/friendships. It’s SO important, especially with mental health being a “trending” topic, that people are made aware of red flags that could lead to them spiralling into a maze of negativity trying to aspire to perfection and regularly (myself included) help them steer clear of emotionally and physically abusive relationships.
A lot of people that sponsor Lala can’t afford or get access to counselling and for the small amount they contribute, are getting the support they need and it helps (or maybe they just really enjoy her content too). Just because you don’t agree or necessarily consider it necessary, let’s not knock her platform for all those people who really do need that in their lives.
As for money - Instagram and influencing is becoming a career - whether that be through Patreon, sponsorships or ads - as long as they are upfront about what you are getting (which she is), what’s the issue? Don’t like it, don’t buy it, like you would in a shop. A lot of my fave accounts use patreon and insta and they are all about welfare of people and animals so as far as I’m concerned it’s a positive thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
So women can’t call out the behaviours of dangerous and abusive men, in case one of them goes on a murderous rampage? Because then it would be the woman’s fault for making him do it? 🙄

Reactions: 5
As far as I can see, Lala has always been pro choice, without judgement. Women choosing what to do with their bodies also extends to getting surgery. As long as the person has made an informed decision, is getting it for them and the methods are safe then is it for anyone else to say? @Classymummyoftwo you have the right to choose what to do with yours, but judging others is not cool.

I haven’t had any surgery by the way and personally prefer a more natural look, but can’t guarantee I won’t want my boobs hoying up when I hit my 40s!

Reactions: 4
She isn’t promoting surgery generally?! Are you able to provide reciepts of this at all?

As the age old feminist meme goes “what empowers some oppresses others”. As long as the decision is informed then we need to keep our opinions about other’s bodies to ourselves. What we should be teaching our daughters is proper discernment and how to weigh up all sides before making important decisions. Then they wouldn’t be so easily influenced.

Reactions: 2
But isn’t it a possibility that people get surgery for themselves and not for the benefit of others?

Reactions: 3
I've been following her account since the first live. She's cool, although in my opinion she comes across like someone who is wise from experience, over having any kind of professional qualifications in her field (though I don't doubt she does).

She seems to lack confidence and finds it hard to navigate the whole social media thing. You know once you gain a following everything you do will be scrutinised. You can't be thin-skinned. Some of the people she aligns herself with can be problematic, and I don't think she does an awful lot of research sometimes (I saw her co-sign a post by MrExposed who has the most awful misogynistic history on Twitter, especially towards black women). And I've never really understood her loyalty to Stevo the 'madman'...I get they're friends, and whatever else, but he has his own (odd to me) sense of humour which almost solely consists of embarrassing his partner and daughters.

I don't think she 'promotes' botox. But as I said, it's one of those fine lines between just doing you, and being worried about who you'll offend. There will always be someone. To try and avoid this you have to think things through and decide who you are as a brand, not a person. The two things don't always mix.

And the payment thing...well if people want to pay for what she's offering then...there's no real issue. People make a living off of social media now, and if you can do it then it is a 'real' job, isn't it? I do think she'd be better off at this point showing her face and just becoming a recognisable brand/face.

Reactions: 8
She's banging on now about trolls etc but needs to understand everyone isnt going to like you.

I enjoyed reading the blogs however I noticed many inconsistencies within stories which led me to believe she was fabricating. Which is fine. It was entertaining.

Some of the podcasts are ok. The ones with those instagram chicks like erin buddina or however you spell were vapid. She was doing to get in with Latisha Grace.

I have given up with her now due to the patreon thing. So you got followers from your blog bit now we can't read blog?

Anyway my last straw was her talking about patreon on her live and the next breath talking about her holiday and how if you signed up for patreon you should have read the small print and theres times she won't be around. So acting broke and desperate but able to holiday. Just felt a bit rude..

Reactions: 11
Outing men aka exposing them.
Ah ok. That's what I thought. Has she done that? I really am curious, as far as I've seen she deconstructs men's posts on social media, but I haven't seen any individuals dirty laundry aired. I could be wrong though. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
I don’t think anyone has trolled here? She operates a public blog and regularly used to tell people to unfollow her if we didn’t like her content, which I did and many others did I’m sure.

We haven’t commented on her personally but only on the content she’s put out there for the world to see.

I’m going to guess she’s gone on a mad one about how we are all out of order but I have no interest in looking.

Reactions: 7
Ah ok. That's what I thought. Has she done that? I really am curious, as far as I've seen she deconstructs men's posts on social media, but I haven't seen any individuals dirty laundry aired. I could be wrong though. 🤷‍♀️
Exactly this. Who are these dangerous men she’s supposedly outed? As far as I’ve seen, as a follower, she doesn’t post about James Smith from Watford who works at Barclays as a manager etc? Maybe I’m missing something.

I like a lot of her content, the stuff about red/pink flags has been eye opening. I respect her for trying to make this a sustainable career, I don’t agree with the principle of free content to build a following and then requesting payment and financial investment like it’s a service I asked for her to provide. The old ‘paying enables me to do this full time/put food on the table’ line is what all influencers do, and it grinds my gears whether it’s a mum doing #AD or whatever because no one asked you to! Anyway.

Reactions: 9
Shes gone from funny blogs to this. Paying for lives, blogs and 1-1 phone calls? For what? This woman makes poor decisions in life and is still single so wtf is she offering 1-1 calls for?

If she shows her face I think people will realise that she most likely has been fabricating 80% of her stories.

I think we have a different idea of what exposing them means.
I am talking about all her exes and links discussed on her blogs which ironically you can't read now unless you pay her..

So acting broke and desperate but able to holiday. Just felt a bit rude..

I’ll just leave this here. I don’t think she’s struggling too much if she’s managed single-handedly to save £150k deposit whilst also being a single mum with no partner.

You just wouldn’t quit your day job if you didn’t have substantial savings to see you through to pay the rent/mortgage, especially in London.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Her target market isn't exactly the wealthy end of the spectrum, so it is odd that she would divulge to anyone following her that she has 150k worth of savings, whilst e-begging for sponsors.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.