L&R dreaming. (Disney vloggers)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agree on hannah, she's great. Karen i can't get on with, not helped by her camera work
Just found Hannah . She is excellent. Probably because she is intelligent and has a life outside YOUTUBE. A welcome change from the usual self satisfied, ”I am flogging you as much as I can” content producer.🥰🥰

Reactions: 3
I like Luke and Rich generally. They do a good job of filming detailed vlogs of their trips, and I feel I can live vicariously through their Disney World vlogs at the moment - I especially love the travel days. It's all a fantasy at the moment of course, but nice to watch and pretend for a while.

The thing I don't like about their vlogs is the amount they eat and the constant sugar consumption - they are both putting their health massively at risk with some of the stuff they consume while on holiday. In the Sept 2019 vlog where they took the 3 day cruise they had a full meal of fried chicken and fries just because they wanted to try the room service, in between a huge BBQ lunch and then a multi-course high calorie meal in the evening with dessert. Not to mention the multiple sugary snacks they ate on top of that. I don't understand how they can eat so much, with no consideration for their health - especially as Rich has health issues. One meal that they eat at WDW would be enough food for a single day for most people. It bothers me that they are promoting so much sugar consumption , even when they are at home. They go shopping to Home Bargains and buy multiple sugary snacks just to 'try' things. Luke in particular is headed for an early grave if he keeps gaining weight like that.

I guess their at-home content hasn't been great this year, but when your content is entirely dependent on foreign travel it's hardly surprising. They are good guys overall though and I like how positive their videos are. They also don't try to be big showmen - so many Youtubers annoy me with the amount that they show off on camera - it's exhausting.

Reactions: 4
I like Luke and Rich generally. They do a good job of filming detailed vlogs of their trips, and I feel I can live vicariously through their Disney World vlogs at the moment - I especially love the travel days. It's all a fantasy at the moment of course, but nice to watch and pretend for a while.

The thing I don't like about their vlogs is the amount they eat and the constant sugar consumption - they are both putting their health massively at risk with some of the stuff they consume while on holiday. In the Sept 2019 vlog where they took the 3 day cruise they had a full meal of fried chicken and fries just because they wanted to try the room service, in between a huge BBQ lunch and then a multi-course high calorie meal in the evening with dessert. Not to mention the multiple sugary snacks they ate on top of that. I don't understand how they can eat so much, with no consideration for their health - especially as Rich has health issues. One meal that they eat at WDW would be enough food for a single day for most people. It bothers me that they are promoting so much sugar consumption , even when they are at home. They go shopping to Home Bargains and buy multiple sugary snacks just to 'try' things. Luke in particular is headed for an early grave if he keeps gaining weight like that.

I guess their at-home content hasn't been great this year, but when your content is entirely dependent on foreign travel it's hardly surprising. They are good guys overall though and I like how positive their videos are. They also don't try to be big showmen - so many Youtubers annoy me with the amount that they show off on camera - it's exhausting.
If you saw what we eat on an American holiday, they are pretty normal!

• Haha
Reactions: 7

I totally agree. It's way too much!
I've been to America a few times and love the food and like any holiday I eat more than I would at home but not anywhere near the amount they eat.
I think the last time they went away one of them have chicken nuggets 3 days in a row. I couldn't do that!

I totally agree. It's way too much!
I've been to America a few times and love the food and like any holiday I eat more than I would at home but not anywhere near the amount they eat.
I think the last time they went away one of them have chicken nuggets 3 days in a row. I couldn't do that!
My husband could, he bloody loves those chicken tenders!

Reactions: 1
Not gonna judge anyone for their holiday eating habits 🤷🏻‍♀️

I do see what you mean about when they’re home, but even then... vlogmas I can understand because December is always very treat filled, and to be honest food & treats has been one of my comforts the past year too.

Reactions: 9
I also don't like judging them for eating way too much, but I judge them for being extremely boring

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Yeah I watched their video on how they collect Avios to allow them to upgrade and I've since gotten a credit card that allows me to collect Avios. I've been putting any expenses I can on it since I've gotten it and I can't say I've earned close to the Avios they say they spend. Even with using the online shopping links to earn Avios and outlet shopping bonus ones I'm still only half way to getting a free one way flight to Paris for one 😒
Have you compared it to the Virgin reward credit card? You have to pay £160 annual fee but you get a 15k point bonus on opening and I've done what you've done putting everything through it including using virgin shop away links and I'm already at 24k points 3 months on which is the minimum you need for an economy flight to orlando. If you spend over £10k on the card in 1 year you get a companion ticket so if by the end of the year you only have enough points for 1 flight if you spend over £10k on it you can get a second one. We also use Tesco for weekly shop as they have a scheme converting every clubcard point for 2.5 virgin points.

I’m planning trips to aulani and Tokyo and get a lot of anxiety from airports, transfers etc and watching these two really puts me at ease so I know exactly what I need and what to do every step of the way. The really go into detail and want their trip vlogs to be super informative (would love suggestions for any similar).
Other Disney / travel vloggers make it about themselves all the time but I guess it depends what type of content you are after.

I do find them a little much though - sitting in their bedroom gushing over soft toys and alien backpacks like kids on Christmas Day… they seem to collect every type of everything and get so excited. BUT… it’s their money and it’s harmless.

the complaining about trips being cancelled is bit insensitive though when they already do 4-5 trips a year.

Reactions: 8
I’m planning trips to aulani and Tokyo and get a lot of anxiety from airports, transfers etc and watching these two really puts me at ease so I know exactly what I need and what to do every step of the way. The really go into detail and want their trip vlogs to be super informative (would love suggestions for any similar).
Other Disney / travel vloggers make it about themselves all the time but I guess it depends what type of content you are after.

I do find them a little much though - sitting in their bedroom gushing over soft toys and alien backpacks like kids on Christmas Day… they seem to collect every type of everything and get so excited. BUT… it’s their money and it’s harmless.

the complaining about trips being cancelled is bit insensitive though when they already do 4-5 trips a year.
ThisNatasha is the person to watch for Tokyo trips, she covers Japan as well as Tokyo Disney, she's friends with Luke and Rich, and has popped up in a couple of their vlogs too.

Reactions: 2

Until covid hit I was planning a big japan trip

L and R are good
Thisnatasha is a must
Aclaireytales japan trip I found very helpful.
Japan-guide.com
Suitcasemonkey

• Heart
Why are they making out that they’re not travelling to the US because it’s an amber country and the UK is asking them not to go? The US travel ban on UK citizens is why they and all the other bloggers are not at WDW, not some sense of moral obligation.

Why are they making out that they’re not travelling to the US because it’s an amber country and the UK is asking them not to go? The US travel ban on UK citizens is why they and all the other bloggers are not at WDW, not some sense of moral obligation.
I disagree because otherwise they'd be heading to France. I genuinely think they are adhering to rules and guidelines set by UK government.

Reactions: 6
Agreed. I think they’ve actually been really fair compared to some in the Disney community.

They had a bit of backlash when they went to the IOW just before the tiers went up last year so maybe don’t want to make the same mistake again!

Reactions: 7