L&R dreaming. (Disney vloggers)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do enjoy watching their vlogs, it's very relaxing and drama free. I've used them to get my Disney/travel fix during quarantine, especially since I'm currently unimpressed by the Trackers.

I still find them unrelatable in so many ways though, like how they went both to China and Japan and (to my knowledge) never sat foot outside Disney property. I also love how in addition to taking multiple long haul flights a year and buying hundreds of pounds worth of merchandise each time, they rave about reusable shopping bags and straws. Like, okay, yes, but... that's not how it works. They're not the only ones doing this though (looking at you, Adam "single-use-plastic-ted-talk" Hattan).

Also, as mentioned in this thread, it grinds my gears how they keep referring to hotels (i.e. Wilderness Lodge) and destinations (Hawaii) as once in a lifetime experiences they could never ever afford again. If they took one holiday per year (like us foolish mortals) and skipped some of the merchandise they could easily afford it! Gah!

Phew, I really needed to get that out. Lol. That being said, I really do love watching them. They seem genuine and sweet, and pretty unproblematic compared to other Disney vloggers. I also don't mind them getting freebies, although plllleease no SeaWorld.

Reactions: 5
I don’t wish them any ill will or anything at all but I am so by with them. I do feel sad about it. I haven’t watched anything since the zero content home vlog they put out. I see though they have done a DLP AP purchasing vlog. Is that really how hard up they are for content? I can remember the last time they renewed after umming about it cos apparently DLP didn’t do it for them anymore and a waste of their time and money. They mentioned it in about 3 secs on the way into the parks. Seems like they are grasping at straws.
Their Disney World vlogs are all the same and they don’t include a lot of handy tips and facts that others do. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by a few other vloggers I have discovered during lockdown - not sure if allowed to mention them though. Also unsubscribed from Tim Tracker.
Like I say again and again - L&R are essentially decent enough guys but deffo 1 trick ponies ☹

Reactions: 2
I think lockdown and covid has exposed hypocrisy and lack of creativity in a lot of vloggers. I do like L&r but I'm struggling over the last 6 months or so. Their wdw trips are all the same now, and it's not just me, my sister and mum also struggling with them and find their latest holiday plans completely bonkers. My brother in law is driven up the wall by the fact they seem unable to get their camera to focus half the time and the fact luke always seems sweaty on camera even sat still.

I have no issue with the flying business class but I'm tired of them saying they have simple lives etc when they have pretty much every tv package going, and buy a ridiculous amount of food and snacks at home all the time. Just own it, dont pretend to be humble or lead a simpler life than you do. I think they are nice guys but lack self awareness.

They have done Japan twice, first time they did go out of Disney for a chunk of it. The second trip was disney only tho. Shanghai, I personally couldnt go all that way and not see the city but they were only there over a long weekend. Also it was their first visit to china so they may have been nervous going outside the Disney bubble. I will say tough even in Shanghai there was a lot they didnt do and I only learnt that by watching others vlogs.

Reactions: 7
also, thinking about it, in fairness i think they started their channel as a way of just sharing their trips in a home movie kind of way. Which was nice and one of their strengths. The problem is as they have grown and evolved into more influencer status they are being looked at with a more critical eye and increased expectations. The two styles dont really work together

Reactions: 1
Ive said this about other "Disney vloggers", and that is how this pandemic has given the world a taste as to how things would be if and when the social media world crumbles... they have absolutely nothing to film and have no content other than disney. Grasping at straws just to get get a video out of it. I admire them having a full time jobs as most of the disney clowns palm 'youtube' off as their job, and its shows! Boring content, repetitive, and you can almost see and hear the panic in them as they realise their channel is drowning in emptiness, hence the panic to 'get to a disney park'.

The majority of the UK wont get a holiday this year because of lockdown, financial struggles due to furlough etc, and that's absolutely fine - there is nothing wrong with that! But these disney clowns will risk everything just to get into a disney park so theyve got content. They would be so much more admired should they hold hands up and say "hey everyone we aren't going on holiday this year so bear with us the content might be slow and we might no upload while we concentrate on real life", but instead its a dick measuring contest about who can get to a disney park first, bore the duck off! 😂

Reactions: 6
I agree. I also have an issue when social media stars complain about changing algorithms etc. You're using a free platform to make money and you have the audacity to complain. Not many businesses have such low set up costs. This goes double for disney where you're basically making money off another companies back. Sure disney gets free publicity, but in fairness they dont really need it as much as the vloggers need disney and alot of the vloggers dont necessarily represent what disney stands for

I’ve always wondered what they do for a living too and people here got snippy for wondering. I agree that they try to act like their life is so common and they are so average, except the average person isn’t taking 4 or more luxury trips around the world in a year. I’m lucky to afford one trip a year here in the US.

Agreed that Luke comes across as fake a lot of times and you can tell he gets upset when things aren’t his way. I’ve been watching their September vlog and half the time he’s not even paying Rich any attention when he’s speaking. The Narcoose’s walk out was hilarious as well, I’d love to know the actual story on that.

Also on the 1st day of their cruise Rich seemed really annoyed or angry in the vlog and out of it. It almost seemed like he was drunk or on pills sitting in the pool. He also didn’t seem enthused at all about the room being decorated. It must have been an off day because he is normally the happy likeable one.

Reactions: 3
Lol I did find this pretentious tweet though in my search:
We understand people are curious as to how we take the trips we do but honestly it’s as a result of nothing less than our own hard work

🙂

We’re certainly not immune to life’s struggles but we focus on the positives, the things that make us truly happy. Living life!

👬

• Haha
Lol I did find this pretentious tweet though in my search:
We understand people are curious as to how we take the trips we do but honestly it’s as a result of nothing less than our own hard work

🙂

We’re certainly not immune to life’s struggles but we focus on the positives, the things that make us truly happy. Living life!

👬
They forgot their usual ‘As long as we’re together’ 🙄

@MooMooSharoo It says I cannot PM you when U tried to - if you want to PM me I will answer you back 👍🏻

You work for him? What was the deal where he was out of a job looking for a new one the past year? That was weird too.

• Haha
I guess I’m horrible at detective work because I can’t find out who is their real friends from their FB page. Any hints? Lol

No I don’t work for him 🤣 I just think he has a bit of a streak about him that isn’t as nicey nice as he makes out.
Look at the admin on the group - she’s their bezzy mate as she liked to remind everyone 🤣

No I don’t work for him 🤣 I just think he has a bit of a streak about him that isn’t as nicey nice as he makes out.
Look at the admin on the group - she’s their bezzy mate as she liked to remind everyone 🤣
If I’m correct one of them is also a moderator on the group 😂😂