Kylie Flavell #5 Plundering Patreons with Vapidly Vacuous Vlogs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks @Antonio for another great title

Recap:
Very little to report on KyLIE herself at this point
Still not legally married
Has started to adopt a tuscan accent
The promised Tuscany travel vlogs haven't happened
Her latest videos have been a recipe and her painting a kayak. Yawn.

Nothing else occurs to me, as usual if anyone else remembers anything more add it!

Reactions: 5
Her parents are staying with the "newlyweds"
Bought an old silver Panda for her parents to bomb around in, which she also intends to paint

Reactions: 4
Bought an old silver Panda for her parents to bomb around in, which she also intends to paint
oh yeah how could I forget about the airbagless car that they got because the woman liked guido 😅

• Haha
Thanks @Antonio for another great title

Recap:
Very little to report on KyLIE herself at this point
Still not legally married
Has started to adopt a tuscan accent
The promised Tuscany travel vlogs haven't happened
Her latest videos have been a recipe and her painting a kayak. Yawn.

Nothing else occurs to me, as usual if anyone else remembers anything more add it!
Thank-you for starting the new thread @emm bravissima! @Alessandro came up with the new title☺

In her latest vlog, KyLie spent hours filming herself painting a canoe and then gave us 25 minutes of literally watching paint dry🙄

Guido (autocorrect made his name Fido😅🐶) thought he was just getting KyLie but ended up with a three for one package deal and got her parents too, the Freeloading Flavells...🤦🏼‍♂️

• Haha
Guido (autocorrect made his name Fido😅🐶) thought he was just getting KyLie but ended up with a three for one package deal and got her parents too, the Freeloading Flavells...🤦🏼‍♂️
Koils, Strop and Delvene

Last edited:
  • Haha
I have just seen that John "Strop" Cornell died very recently. I didn't mean to be insensitive in the post above.

Reactions: 3
I'm not sure that dissing her parents sits comfortably with me @Antonio. :(. Maybe this isn't for me.
Kylie is bringing her parents into her vlogs as part of her money-making “branding” and has promised more of them with painting the Panda and her father building a boat @PlinyinTorquay

They are presumably profiting from the Patreon purse and are also able to be critiqued as they are part of the entire enterprise. There is a great tradition and joke in Australia about “freeloaders” that any one staying there for any lenghth of time knows about and I am sure that’s what @Antonio meant.

I’m afraid all the Flavells seem to do is float around living in other people’s houses, not working or contributing to the world. Everyone can see that they are in for the long haul and will be living at Guido’s Villa for a great deal of time to come. I’m sorry, but they come across as the ultimate spongers or hangers on, just like Kylie with the Patreons.

Reactions: 5
@Alessandro thank you for explaining this. It doubtless highlights a gap in my knowledge of such traditions. I try to be a kind person and I am torn, very torn. I am a sensitive person and I try to imagine how I'd feel in somebody's place. I have greatly enjoyed our cultural discussions, and it is a delight to have exchanges with you, Antonio and a few others but I feel so uncomfortable with this. There is no facility to dm. It is frustrating. I feel sad.

Kylie is bringing her parents into her vlogs as part of her money-making “branding” and has promised more of them with painting the Panda and her father building a boat @PlinyinTorquay

They are presumably profiting from the Patreon purse and are also able to be critiqued as they are part of the entire enterprise. There is a great tradition and joke in Australia about “freeloaders” that any one staying there for any lenghth of time knows about and I am sure that’s what @Antonio meant.

I’m afraid all the Flavells seem to do is float around living in other people’s houses, not working or contributing to the world. Everyone can see that they are in for the long haul and will be living at Guido’s Villa for a great deal of time to come. I’m sorry, but they come across as the ultimate spongers or hangers on, just like Kylie with the Patreons.
I have to agree. They just seem like grifters to me. Her mother's story about meeting the dad just set the lying liars who lie tone, IMO. Freeloading Flavells has a nice ring, to me. Which, poor them, can't be like their "pleb" countrymen and stay in Australia, can they? Spain and Italia during Covid it is!!

Reactions: 3
I'm not sure that dissing her parents sits comfortably with me @Antonio. :(. Maybe this isn't for me.
I don’t think any of our comments should have to gauge whether it “sits comfortably” with anyone. No one should have to defend their freely expressed and honest comments.

I have no doubt that some of my posts did not meet with absolutely everyone’s approval; they are not meant to.

When you asked Antonio if he was a “lady” because he expressed interest in your children’s book, it made me very uncomfortable, but no one chastised you and they could have.

There are no hall monitors here and that is why this forum is so rich in diversity and expression.

As far as the Flavell’s, why are you defending them ? As far as I can see, they are as much free loaders, if not more, as their daughter, KyLIE, just as I think that Guido is a willing participant in the Patreon haul.

It is my definite impression and it doesn’t matter to me if anyone else agrees with it or not.

Reactions: 8
When you asked Antonio if he was a “lady” because he expressed interest in your children’s book, it made me very uncomfortable, but no one chastised you and they could have.
@Jerry, If you go back to my response to @Antonio ... I apologized for that immediately. I saw that that could make someone uncomfortable and if it made you. uncomfortable I apologize to you now. I expressed myself badly. Mea Culpa. On these sites we can curate ourselves and be anybody. For that matter your response to my very heartfelt explanation as to how I came to sponsor Kylie and my widowed state was insensitive too!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
@Alessandro thank you for explaining this. It doubtless highlights a gap in my knowledge of such traditions. I try to be a kind person and I am torn, very torn. I am a sensitive person and I try to imagine how I'd feel in somebody's place. I have greatly enjoyed our cultural discussions, and it is a delight to have exchanges with you, Antonio and a few others but I feel so uncomfortable with this. There is no facility to dm. It is frustrating. I feel sad.
I am sorry you feel that way @PlinyinTorquay Personally, I don't think what is said on this forum is particularly unkind and I took @Antonio 's specific post as some light-hearted, alliterative scene-setting for the new thread. I then chimed in with some Aussie nicknames. But I know we all see things differently and understand that it could be more upsetting for some than others.

And who knows, the Flavells might be chipping in to the purse, no Aussie would want to be accused of being a "bludger".

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I am sorry you feel that way @PlinyinTorquay Personally, I don't think what is said on this forum is particularly unkind and I took @Antonio 's specific post as some light-hearted, alliterative scene-setting for the new thread. I then chimed in with some Aussie nicknames. But I know we all see things differently and understand that it could be more upsetting for some than others.

And who knows, the Flavells might be chipping in to the purse, no Aussie would want to be accused of being a "bludger".
Thank you @VeeJayBee for your kind response. But this is what I mean, noone for sure knows their circumstances and perhaps they stay with Guido's blessing. Chissa! xxx

Okay @Jerry incase you were in any doubt I followed up my comment quickly when I realized it was inappropriately expressed.

I hope I didn't come across as offensively sexist, Antonio. It is a lovely book and the Wiki link is a thorough and accurate assessment. Interestingly, there was a Japanese animated version by Studio Ghibli (2014) which is set in the Koshiro Wetlands, Hokkaido. Because it had been such a favourite story, I did make the effort to see it. I believe I liked it well enough but don't remember it too distinctly now. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
This is all pretty light-hearted stuff @PlinyinTorquay I wouldn’t take it to heart! The only time any of us is really serious is when we are discussing our own different cultural interests✨

However, surely there has to be some riposte to all the fakery and false representation of Italia from Kylie, no?

All the people who have come here to this group thought they were living in a mad universe after reading the fields of fawning fatuousness underneath her videos!

All have been reassured coming here that there are still thinking, feeling Italophiles/Italians: who can cast a critical eye over K’s view of “living the Italian Dream” that is downright disingenuous if not dangerous to the more naive souls that appear to take her advice🙈

For that matter your response to my very heartfelt explanation as to how I came to sponsor Kylie and my widowed state was insensitive too!
As far as I recall, I read your post about your widowed state; I listened and empathized, I did not respond at all. How it is that you now call my response “insensitive” is beyond me.

This is starting to feel like some sort of game, similar to other posts we’ve read before
from ToomuchTuscansun and Ekm.

This is all pretty light-hearted stuff @PlinyinTorquay I wouldn’t take it to heart! The only time any of us is really serious is when we are discussing our own different cultural interests✨

However, surely there has to be some riposte to all the fakery and false representation of Italia from Kylie, no?

All the people who have come here to this group thought they were living in a mad universe after reading the fields of fawning fatuousness underneath her videos!

All have been reassured coming here that there are still thinking, feeling Italophiles/Italians: who can cast a critical eye over K’s view of “living the Italian Dream” that is downright disingenuous if not dangerous to the more naive souls that appear to take her advice🙈
@Alessandro oh yes ... I totally agree with you. I loathe the fawning under the videos more than the videos actually, and I completely agree with your first statement entirely. I would love to live in Italy but I realise that it's possibly not a sensible decision for me, having visited many times over the years, unless I were rich enough to buy a place and have a private income to support myself while I write or whatever. I do think it's dangerous - especially the business proposition over the rental for the restaurant in an out of the way place which would be hard enough to make a success of at the best of times, let alone in the middle of a pandemic and a recession which will doubtless follow.

I would also like to underline that I do choose my words carefully and with sensitivity and when I realised that the ONE thing that I have said in hundreds of posts that could be construed as insensitive I followed up with an apology IMMEDIATELY, One only has a short timespan to make edits here, unfortunately.

As far as I recall, I read your post about your widowed state; I listened and empathized, I did not respond at all. How it is that you now call my response “insensitive” is beyond me.

This is starting to feel like some sort of game, similar to other posts we’ve read before
from ToomuchTuscansun and Ekm.
Jerry I have been posting here for longer than you have. We are only allowed one username on this site. I have nothing to do with the characters you cite above. Generally we are all singing from the same hymn sheet. Will you kindly stop bullying me now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.