Klarna - buy now pay later. Thoughts?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dont see it as borrowing money though its literally just splitting the cost in 4 separate payments. It's not credit that theres interest on etc.

Reactions: 3
I personally love Klarna...I’ve used it so many times mainly on ASOS as it gives you the option to buy a few items and then you can decide what’s ok to keep or not. I also used it a few months ago on JD Sports and split the payment across 3 months for trainers. So £90 across 3 months. I Actually ended up paying it back early as I had some extra money. I have in the past got myself into a large amount of debt on a credit card and I just think Klarna is so much better to manage than credit cards and loans. As long as your responsible obviously.

Reactions: 1
I use it a lot with ASOS. I know that every Asos order I place some of it will be returned (tbh I don’t know why they still let me shop with them as I return so much) I find the Asos return process really simple and each time my klarna account has been updated with the refund within 7 days. It works for me but agree it could be a slippery slope

Reactions: 1
I think klarna can have a negative impact on one's credit score.

I don't shop online a lot, but I don't mind waiting few days for a refund.
No it doesn’t affect credit scores by using it if youbuy and pay when you should. The tit would only hit the fan if you didn’t pay your balance when it’s due.
If I remember rightly it’s pretty clear on their site when you use it.

I use it for the odd purchase. As others have said it’s good for the likes of ASOS and Boohoo where you really don’t know what size is landing in your letterbox!

I don’t use it as haven’t had a need to.

Could see it being useful if you wanted to buy/order multiple sizes to try on and send back the ones you don’t want and then pay for the one you keep.. But other than that I see no point buying things I can’t afford? Would rather pay now if I have the money and if not then tough I can’t have it? 🤣

I use it but it is very easy to spend way too much; especially if you use different email addresses for different websites as it creates a separate Klarna account.

I had to create a spreadsheet to keep track of what I owed and when it was due. I don’t think it affects your credit search unless you miss payments. They don’t do a check when you set up your account. It just asks for your email address and date of birth.
Isn't klarna treated like a credit card though? You could use it so there is a risk

I used Klarna once for a £100 ASOS order split over 3 months, set it to take the money out on payday every month. I downloaded the app and found it really handy to use. I think as long as you're sensible with it and never actually buy anything you can't afford then there isn't a problem. I have heard stories of people missing payments and it affecting their credit score though, but I had mine set to automatically take the payment out of my bank account every month so I didn't have to remember to do it.

I tend to buy my essential make up/skin care etc in bulk from ASOS when they have 20% off sales and would probably use it again for such orders.

So how does it work? Do
You have to sign up for a klarna account? Or does the website you’re ordering from provide it automatically? I would be worried that people wouldn’t realise what they’ve signed up for

I can see it becoming addictive to many people but I have to admit I do have it even though I use it sparingly when shopping on ASOS due to many times I'll do a slightly larger order and pay it back fully in two installments.

I’ve used it a few times, I used it for 2 pairs of vans for the kids to go back to school, so £40 for 3 months instead of £120 straight up was good for me after buying all the uniforms etc. I used it at Xmas time for trainers. I pay it on time and it’s interest free, affordable as a single parent. I don’t have massive amounts of spare cash but I budget well and no one goes without. Same with very, I order things we need and pay back before the interest hits, works out the same price as if I paid upfront and my credit rating is fine.

Reactions: 2