Kittens help 😓

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aww congrats on deciding to get a kitty. I hope it will be a smooth transition for you. A few tips that I have found to work for me.

If you can get different types of scratch posts that would be helpful too. One vertical and horizontal. Also, keep it near where you mostly spend your time as cats like to be near their owners and it should discourage furniture scratching.

Also, toys likes laser pointers or string a on a wand type toy can really wear out a kitten if you’re worried she won’t sleep through the night. Get toys in which you can interact with the kitten and don’t get those self play toys. I find more often than not the cats I’ve fostered didn’t care for them. Also, no need to splurge on expensive toys. I find cats really dig cheap stuff like cardboard boxes or elastic hair ties. Kittens however are much more curious and active than a cat so try to set aside a bit of time about 30 mins of active play each day.

A cat’s diet for the most part should have high moisture content as cats don’t drink water often. If her diet is mostly kibble make sure to mix a good amount of high quality wet food as well. Also, touch her paws often so she gets comfortable with you and is de-sensitized to someone else touching her paws. That way you can do in-home nail trims if need be. If you have other questions, feel free to DM me.

Best of luck to you and your fur-ever buddy!
I agree about the toys, my boys favourite toys are straws and the little plastic tops you get off fruit shoots. He isnt bothered by much else. Although he and our girls all love the tunnel and cat tent we got.

Ok one last question I forgot about. Crying at night - do kittens cry at night? We had a kitten years and years ago when her owner wasn’t able to immediately take her in (think like, a week!) and I can’t remember her ever crying... I just want to be prepared in case this one wants me up all hours!

Neither of mine cry unless they are hungry! Saying that, they were just waiting for me to wake up this morning and never made a noise until they knew I was getting up 😀

Kittens, I’m so envious :D

I have read that cats are naturally nocturnal but have adapted to humans’ lifestyle to be more awake during the day. So I think some probably have stronger nocturnal instincts than others.

My cat is an old rescue who had a hard start to life, he often goes mad and does fast laps around the house at 3am and has figured out how to jump up and turn the door handles so... we just let him do this thing, bless him :ROFLMAO:

A good YouTube channel to check out is Jackson Galaxy, he’s a cat whisperer and has loads of great videos on cat psychology. His advice was a godsend when we first took in our rescue.

Reactions: 1
We have just got a new kitten and she has settled in very well. One tip that worked for another cat. If your cat starts weeing in a corner put a bright light there to discourage them.

Ok one last question I forgot about. Crying at night - do kittens cry at night? We had a kitten years and years ago when her owner wasn’t able to immediately take her in (think like, a week!) and I can’t remember her ever crying... I just want to be prepared in case this one wants me up all hours!
My kitten cried for about 10 to 15 minutes when we went to bed for about a week after we got her. But she's okay now and she actually gets grumpy when we stay up for too long and she wants to sleep😅
Good luck!