Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MrsD33

VIP Member
Both getting redone in the new year, as part of a wider house conversion.

Any advice on suppliers, and any to avoid?
Both rooms will need to be designed as well.
Our builder will do all the installation

Thank you!
I work in interior design and use Wrens a lot and have never had any problems. Sometimes when I use high gloss doors they can can have small chips in them and one phone call and they send a replacement the next day no problem.
Bathroom, have a look online bathstore, victorianplumbing, betterbathrooms etc you can save a lot by shopping about online and you dont need to get everything from the same place. The difference in price can be in the £100’s

Reactions: 2

SunshineDreamer

Chatty Member
We got our kitchen through Wren and our bathrooms through The London Bath Company. Both companies were amazing from design to aftercare.

Reactions: 1
We went with Homebase for our kitchen, had a payment plan etc and have been very happy with it. The electric sockets don’t work properly but I can’t remember if that was Homebase or an independent electrician

Emmmberly

Hey, 1st time poster but long time lurker. I feel like I will get an honest reply (with a few different opinions / perspectives).

Has anyone had to sack a builder before?
Advice? Examples?

We are halfway through a very standard bathroom reno on a 1930s semi. We are on week 6 and I've been told it'll be finished a week on Friday for the third time. For clarity we are having a conversation on Friday to settle any remaining bill (we paid 50% deposit on work which actually is pretty in line with what they've done so far) NOT trying to withhold funds.

Tublet83

VIP Member
Both getting redone in the new year, as part of a wider house conversion.

Any advice on suppliers, and any to avoid?
Both rooms will need to be designed as well.
Our builder will do all the installation

Thank you!