Kidney infection?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone,
Saturday evening I started with what I thought was a uti. Sunday I just felt extremely tired, needing the toilet all the time but then Monday I felt horrendous pain in my back, lower abdominal, dizzy spells, feeling sick, terrible headache. The nurse at my gp prescribed my some antibiotics but after calling back my drs on Monday I was advised to go to A&E. went there and got prescribed some different antibiotics. Yesterday I felt shocking just spent the day sleeping. Today feel the same so back at hospital. I’m really concerned now though and very scared. I have really bad health anxiety so of course that’s not helping. They seem to think the antibiotics I started on Monday are not working for me. They’ve put me on a drip and taken my bloods. Anyone had a kidney infection and made them feel soooooo Ill? 😢 I’ve never felt so ill in my life.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hi everyone,
Saturday evening I started with what I thought was a uti. Sunday I just felt extremely tired, needing the toilet all the time but then Monday I felt horrendous pain in my back, lower abdominal, dizzy spells, feeling sick, terrible headache. The nurse at my gp prescribed my some antibiotics but after calling back my drs on Monday I was advised to go to A&E. went there and got prescribed some different antibiotics. Yesterday I felt shocking just spent the day sleeping. Today feel the same so back at hospital. I’m really concerned now though and very scared. I have really bad health anxiety so of course that’s not helping. They seem to think the antibiotics I started on Monday are not working for me. They’ve put me on a drip and taken my bloods. Anyone had a kidney infection and made them feel soooooo Ill? 😢 I’ve never felt so ill in my life.
Yes, Kidney infections can make you feel very ill and sometimes you have to try various antibiotics before you get the one that works. You’ll probably start to feel better once the fluid goes in from the drip, as you are probably dehydrated. See what the blood results come back with. You’re in the right place.

Reactions: 3
I had all these symptoms about 2 years ago now, they intially thought it was a kidney infection and was sent away with anti biotics. It was actually a kidney stone which was blocking one of my kidneys. Wishing you a speedy recovery. X

Reactions: 1
I hope so I have never felt so ill. All I want to do is sleep been placed in a waiting area on a drip 😟.

I had all these symptoms about 2 years ago now, they intially thought it was a kidney infection and was sent away with anti biotics. It was actually a kidney stone which was blocking one of my kidneys. Wishing you a speedy recovery. X
oh gosh thank you , hope your ok now?

This very much read like my kidney infection two years ago. I was shocked how horrible I felt! But I was lucky that the first round of antibiotics worked. My dr told me though that that was not common, so don‘t worry! You are getting the care you need and will be fine ❤

Going home with different antibiotics 🤞🏻🤞🏻 They work if they don’t I’ve got to be admitted.

• Heart
I really sympathise with you. I was hospitalised with a kidney infection when I was about 6 weeks pregnant with my first child. I just thought I’d hurt my back, avoided going to the hospital until I couldn’t bear the pain any longer and was admitted. I stayed on the ward for 3 days, IV antibiotics and fluids, and then was sent home with a course of oral antibiotics and told to rest up. It was one of the most painful things ever. I hope the antibiotics work for you and you make a swift recovery - never hesitate to seek help if you need it, infections can turn nasty very quickly. ❤

You poor thing :( I once tried to flush out a UTI with water instead of antibiotics and it ended with a kidney infection that took 3 rounds of antibiotics to kill off. Felt like death.

Thank you so much. Yes I was scared that I had sepsis actually because I had a few of the symptoms alongside the kidney infection.

You poor thing :( I once tried to flush out a UTI with water instead of antibiotics and it ended with a kidney infection that took 3 rounds of antibiotics to kill off. Felt like death.
That’s how I feel right now. It’s hard when you have children too family have been fab thank goodness but youngest is super clingy 😢. I feel terrible and useless my house isn’t my nice clean and tidy house right now 😭.

I had a kidney infection years ago that took a bit of shifting with antibiotics . It was so painful.
Sounds like they are taking your symptoms seriously, as if kidneys aren't working properly they can lead to other problems due to not ridding the body of toxins efficiently.

Yes! I also had a kidney infection a few years ago. It was horrible, I thought I had just been having a sore back but then one day I almost fainted and felt the worst I have ever felt in my life. Took a few different courses of different antibiotics before it fully went away. It was a long process.

I was given the choice to stay in yesterday but wanted to go home. The iv antibiotics made me feel so much better but now I feel shocking again 🥺. They told me if I was to go back they would have to admit me 🥺 I don’t know what to do.

• Sad
If you feel bad still please go in, I know being admitted isn’t nice or practical in any sense but if you leave it untreated it could get worse and you don’t want something like sepsis which can happen from untreated infections.

Sending love ❤

I’m still on the antibiotics so it is getting treated just don’t feel any better. I’m going to see how I go on tonight and if I’m still the same go back tomorrow morning.

I’m still on the antibiotics so it is getting treated just don’t feel any better. I’m going to see how I go on tonight and if I’m still the same go back tomorrow morning.
I don't want to freak you out, but please make sure you do go back if you are still not any better. I had 4 rounds of antibiotics for a kidney infection once, and then they discovered I actually had a kidney stone. You can never be too careful!

A few have said kidney stones now 😩 they did my bloods yesterday and everything was showing ok just signs of infection. Thank you everyone for been so kind and helpful I really appreciate it🌸🌸

I’m getting there still feeling rubbish but defiantly starting to feel a bit more like myself. Thank you 😊

Reactions: 2