Kid friendly healthy (ish) meals

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Could we use this thread as a place to share recipes, meals and healthy snack ideas?

I need some inspo!

Also, I’m swapping a lot of meat to plant based alternatives for our weekday meals so if anyone could post some ideas below, I was be grateful 😁

I’m pretty lucky with my kids, they absolutely love fruit and vegetables but I’ve found if they are having a particularly picky day, if I cut them into funny shapes or put them into food picks they will happy much away.

This is my kids absolutely favourite pasta sauce. We make it in batches no freeze it.

Hummus and veggie ‘swords’ is also a massive hit in our house as are egg muffins - usually just whisk a couple of eggs, add some vegetables, cheese and maybe ham and they’ll eat them happily. Hot or cold.

Today I’m making plant based meatballs in a tomate and veg sauce with pasta served with green beans and baby corn. The plant based meatballs were in a frozen bag from Sainsbur. I quickly pan fried them (from frozen - no idea if that’s the right thing to do!) for colour. Then chucked them in a sauce made with sautéed red onion, chopped shiitak, celery stick, half a courgette, a carrot, garlic some passatta, some seasoning etc . Then simmered it all together for 30 mins. May through it in a slow cooker next time if they like them. If yours like curry then use red lentils and Chana dhal in a curry with veg instead of chicken ..you will need to add some water or stock ... pinch of nom recipes are good for something easy and tasty if you like quite strong flavours. They have books but you can also use the website. ..

Reactions: 1
Could we use this thread as a place to share recipes, meals and healthy snack ideas?

I need some inspo!

Also, I’m swapping a lot of meat to plant based alternatives for our weekday meals so if anyone could post some ideas below, I was be grateful 😁
The Naturally Ella website has a lot of good vegetarian recipes, she has a little boy and works for the Simply Recipes site. Their banana bread recipe is my favourite.

My kids love anything they can get involved with making or building themselves so homemade pizza, fajitas, tacos. That sort of thing and you can pack them with veggies!

My 2 generally eat really well. We don't do vegan though. My husband is a big gym bunny and eats alot of meat.
Mine love fajitas and also lasagne. I sneak alot of vegetables in as they never know. Macaroni and cauliflower cheese is a fave too.
I'm fine with evening meals for them, I do always feel we are a bit groundhog day with our lunches though.

Fajitas are big in our house too. Mine love the little stand and stuff tortillas where they can build their own I find they are so much more willing to try new things when we let them ‘make’ it