Kerry Whelpdale

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m shocked this one doesn’t have a thread yet. I used to like Kerry but now she just comes across so far up her own backside it’s untrue! She just seems so smug all the time.

Reactions: 14
I use to watch her a lot and quite liked her but found she was on a bit of a loop with what we eat, Poundland haul, Primark haul, what I wear and not really watched for a while. Just had a quick look and she's got 21k subs now. When I watched she only had around 3k.
Is she still appearing on This Morning/GMB a lot?

Reactions: 3
I found her when she had about 500 subs, she was refreshingly down to earth and had a dry sense of humour. I even commented asking her not to change as it was nice to see honesty and not constant sunshine and rainbows. Fast forwards to the past few months and she is a Primark Emily Norris. She does the talking through the smile thing, dead eyes, no personality, portrays everything to be perfect and seems to be doing more brand work which unfortunately is why they start out in the first place? but as soon as they get like that, I unsub. The smaller channels are the best imo but they are all chasing the same brand deal dream which ruins them imo, it makes them all the same.

Reactions: 14
I get that they want to earn money but she in particular just doesn’t seem genuine at all anymore!

Reactions: 5
She’s another one that seems to be desperate to drag her husband into videos and stories all the time

Reactions: 8
awwww I really like Kerry. She is one of my faves. At least her content is worth watching. She does some good budget meals and hacks. She isn't a clean freak like some of them and her boys are being taught to help out around the house and become independant. I feel she is a good role model. I don't think she needs the money cos her hubs is a footballer so her content is genuine and not full of crappy poundland hauls and constant gifts and ads.

Reactions: 13
Kerry seems really nice (her Manor vlog showed this) but I just find her vids really dull.

Reactions: 2
I really like Kerry, I think her content is different to the others and like her budget meal ideas. I also think she is the only one whose husband doesn't annoy me.

Reactions: 6
I like her simple healthy-ish, everyday meal ideas but I agree with the comments about her looking really smug, that does put me off. Slightly OT but I'm a bit jealous of her expensive-looking kitchen and want those large windows/glass doors:giggle:

Compared to some of the other Channel Mum floggers, Kerry is alright. Her videos are nicely done and I like that her children are not the main focus. Her content isn't the most exciting though, is it? She does seems a bit up her own arse. Of course, I've felt that way about her since I began watching her a few years ago. It's just her personality. Either you can see past it or it's going to put you off.

I don't find her as phony as some of the other ones. I think what you see is what you get with her. She calls her kids little shits and makes fun of her husband like most other women I know. But you can tell she genuinely loves them. Also, color me surprised to see a Mom that actually makes her kids help out around the house. The only family floggers I tend to see that from are the ones who have a football team's worth of kids. It's nice to see someone with a small family size giving their kids responsibilities for reasons other then the fact they have too many damn kids to contend with on their own.

I do think she needs to leave her husband alone and quit trying to get him in front of the camera more. I can tell he doesn't enjoy it. He does help her film and edit though. She needs to just leave him to it. This was her career choice not his.

I'll be interested to see if she keeps her promise to shop less this year. They didn't stick with the sugar thing for very long.

Last edited:
^ I'm fairly new to her and just noticed some vegan food videos from a few years ago, I'm assuming that didn't last too long either lol

Reactions: 1
^ I'm fairly new to her and just noticed some vegan food videos from a few years ago, I'm assuming that didn't last too long either lol
Ha! They are not vegan or even vegetarian. They just try to consume as little meat as possible. In some of her recipes she uses a controversial meat substitute called Quorn. Her cooking is certainly not fancy by any stretch of the imagination. Dare I say some of it doesn't even look particular appetizing. Don't get me started on her idea of marinara sauce. I've got but one word for you, travesty. But her recipes are more geared towards busy, working moms, and they seem to go over well with her general audience.

I didn't think to mention this until the subject of food was brought up in more detail, but I have noticed that Kerry is a bit weight obsessed. Last year, she did some work out and weight loss content but never stuck to any of if. Then she'd eat something processed and complain about how fat she was. First of all, she isn't fat by any stretch of the imagination and two, just because you eat one candy bar here or there doesn't mean your life is over princess. Then she did your standard Channel Mum 2019 goals video and admitted she has commitment issues when it comes to exercising. I was taken back and a bit pleased by her acknowledgement. Now she's back to working out. :rolleyes: I'll be anxious to see how long it lasts this time.

I'd imagine she feels pressure being on YouTube on top of being married to someone who is a professional athlete and PT. But from what I've seen she puts that pressure on herself, not the other way around. Back in December he cleaned their oven and made an off comment about getting laid. Then he sent her texts in the new year, joking about going without sex. So he's clearly still attracted to her. If she dialed down the narcissism a few notches she'd realize this. If you can't already tell I really like him. She's told the story of what he did for her when she said she wanted to start a YouTube channel. The guy worships her. Instead of complaining, she needs to worship him right back. Good partners in general are so hard to find. I can't be the only one who notices how a lot of these female YouTubers take their husbands for granted. Bugs the crap out of me.

Reactions: 4
I tried watching some of her stuff and find her incredibly dull. She's another one who doesn't seem to have a usp, she's a stay at home mum whose husband earns a good wage, she spends her days cleaning and shopping. Yawn. The constant moaning about lack of storage in her home annoyed me..do these people buy houses on impulse like a handbag or a latte? None of them seem to like their houses and moan about them constantly!!

I tried watching some of her stuff and find her incredibly dull. She's another one who doesn't seem to have a usp, she's a stay at home mum whose husband earns a good wage, she spends her days cleaning and shopping. Yawn. The constant moaning about lack of storage in her home annoyed me..do these people buy houses on impulse like a handbag or a latte? None of them seem to like their houses and moan about them constantly!!
It's funny you should mention this because they bought that house, added on to it, and then remolded. I guess storage solutions got lost in the shuffle. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 2
Haven’t watched her vlogs but watched a few insta stories and found her a bit boring ?‍♀
Also watched the clip of her on this morning a while ago where they were having the good old debate on working mum v stay at home mum ? and when asked what she does all day, she said something along the lines of she meets her friends for a coffee ?
I don’t think many stay at home mums are fortunate to have the life she has!
I haven’t been a stay at home mum but when I was on maternity leave the time with my children was fantastic (although a little testing of course ??) but will never miss the stress and worry about having to pay the bills on my partners wage and maternity pay. She probably doesn’t have that worry!

It's funny you should mention this because they bought that house, added on to it, and then remolded. I guess storage solutions got lost in the shuffle. :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Exactly! Fair enough buy a house to renovate, but to move in, do extensive work to it and still complain so much makes me question their intelligence!

I don’t really like to comment on things people can’t change but with Kerry I find her voice grated on me. Totally not her fault and not necessarily a criticism but that’s one of the reasons I don’t watch.

The other reason is that I find she comes across as incredibly smug and self satisfied and I just get bitchy vibes

Haven’t watched her vlogs but watched a few insta stories and found her a bit boring ?‍♀
Also watched the clip of her on this morning a while ago where they were having the good old debate on working mum v stay at home mum ? and when asked what she does all day, she said something along the lines of she meets her friends for a coffee ?
I haven’t been a stay at home mum but when I was on maternity leave the time with my children was fantastic (although a little testing of course ??) but will never miss the stress and worry about having to pay the bills on my partners wage and maternity pay. She probably doesn’t have that worry!
Yeah, she did shoot herself in the foot a bit when she mentioned the 'meeting a friend for coffee' part lol. I get what she meant about working mums getting a lunch break but in mine and others' experience, it was a very rushed break you were lucky to grab half an hour (and then deal with your boss making you feel guilty about taking a break in the first place). Anyway, I'm sure Kerry's busy in her own way but her time is mostly her own imo. When you work outside the home, you have to get yourself as well as the kids ready each morning, it's just not the same.
I had to chuckle at the outcome of that This Morning poll: of course it would have that result for a daytime tv show- I say that as a stay-at-home mum :p

Reactions: 1
Do we know if they have a cleaner or does she actually clean her own home herself? She's another Emily Norris in that we only ever see her tidy like three common areas of the home. If ever I think someone would have a cleaner it would be Kerry.