Kerry Conway #8 finally moved the sofas, oh the grime! Come on Pais, it’s phonics time!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I definitely think it's worth making use of that area, but I'd make it into a snug with a dining table if it was me. S&A could really have the majority of their stuff in their rooms now, so it's only really Roma that would have toys downstairs. My kids are 3 & 6 and I'm little by little bringing their toys up to their rooms and just leaving a few 'essential' bits downstairs.

Though... I'm not sure how I'd feel about having a toilet opening out into a dining room... 🤢

Reactions: 3
We have a playroom/games room. It has my sons Nintendo switch set up and then a mass of toys and a sofa. We have 2 x 4 kallax units with the boxes inside for toys and a single 2 unit with boxes inside for their craft stuff. We then have toys on top of the kallax and some bigger ones in the floor. To be fair I've come to terms with the fact it will never be a nice room aesthetically like the ones on pinterest. It's always a bit of a mess and never as organised as I would like.

If I had a choice between my dining room or their playroom dining room.every time. Nothing beats sitting as a family round the table, or playing play dough with my little girl, playing a board game together all 4 of us, crafting, making bloody slime there.....

I know she has the breakfast bar but that's where she is prepping food or folding the washing etc. You can't beat a dining table imo.

If it was me, I would level it out and get rid of the loo. We had a downstairs loo in our old house and don't in this house and I don't miss it at all. I would rather have the living space. I'd turn it into a dining room and maybe put her kallax in there with some nice boxes inside. She could still have it as a sort of playroom space, but they would be stupid to not get a dining table.

Reactions: 7
Look at how often they are sat at the breakfast bar. They would totally get a lot of use from a dining table! Also, why is there no sinks in any of the toilets?? Is that a relatively new thing to have??

If she ever reads this you know she will never get a dining table just because people have said she should! Thinking about the moving the sofas, and the thing with the gas to the hob. She's not taking advice people, she'll just make everyone suffer instead!

It's weird that the toilets have no sink.

And even if I were to redecorate a room, I wouldn't ever let my kids pick all the paint off the wall just because they didn't like it. What the heck does that teach them?! Don't like something, go ahead and wreck it.

I dont understand the insisting they needing a bigger house,its definetly enough for them,bedrooms especially seem a good size for their family.
The downstairs layout ia terrible though,putting money in to evening out and extending back to where theyre putting the toy room is a much better idea.. they should have lived with it the way it was for a few years but they just plough through things without any common sense
Also when she said it would be turned in to a utility and not another living room immediately made me think they arent going to put the money in to insulating and making it a proper conversion...this time next year the girls wont play in it because its too cold and it will be a place to store more crap

I dont understand the insisting they needing a bigger house,its definetly enough for them,bedrooms especially seem a good size for their family.
The downstairs layout ia terrible though,putting money in to evening out and extending back to where theyre putting the toy room is a much better idea.. they should have lived with it the way it was for a few years but they just plough through things without any common sense
Also when she said it would be turned in to a utility and not another living room immediately made me think they arent going to put the money in to insulating and making it a proper conversion...this time next year the girls wont play in it because its too cold and it will be a place to store more crap
Compared to what they have had previously it is much smaller. The fact they don’t even have room for a dining table so they can all sit together and eat says it is definitely not big enough for them all.

Reactions: 4
I agree that it looks like they don't have enough space for the size of their family, but I really think that's down to poor decisions in furniture.
My nan had 3 kids in a 2 down 3 up, with a small square kitchen. She got one of those butterfly tables that folds and the chairs store inside it. She still uses it now 50 years later!
Surely they can't go to warrens mums every time for special dinners etc?

Reactions: 5
My granny had 7 kids in a two down 3 up!

I agree, they could absolutely use their space better. I think they never should have done that fridge area in the kitchen, and they could have easily fitted a small table in.

Someone else had suggested taking out that ridiculous "pantry", utilizing the many kitchen cupboards they bought and putting the fridge there. That would have allowed for a table where the fridge is, against that wall.

Someone else had suggested taking out that ridiculous "pantry", utilizing the many kitchen cupboards they bought and putting the fridge there. That would have allowed for a table where the fridge is, against that wall.
But how do you get Instagram like if you can’t talk about your pantry?! Only plebs (like me 🤣) keep their food in the kitchen cupboards!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Im a pleb too😂😂...got a nice big dining table though!
Show off 🤣 we just changed the orientation of ours so that we could let the baby (20months 🙊) out of her high chair and all sit together every meal. We are wacky that way 🤣

• Haha
I agree that it looks like they don't have enough space for the size of their family, but I really think that's down to poor decisions in furniture.
My nan had 3 kids in a 2 down 3 up, with a small square kitchen. She got one of those butterfly tables that folds and the chairs store inside it. She still uses it now 50 years later!
Surely they can't go to warrens mums every time for special dinners etc?
They totally will go there every time!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
If she ever reads this you know she will never get a dining table just because people have said she should! Thinking about the moving the sofas, and the thing with the gas to the hob. She's not taking advice people, she'll just make everyone suffer instead!

It's weird that the toilets have no sink.

And even if I were to redecorate a room, I wouldn't ever let my kids pick all the paint off the wall just because they didn't like it. What the heck does that teach them?! Don't like something, go ahead and wreck it.
That made my blood boil. When she mentioned the paint being picked off she said something like it's ok... Well when you decorate it they'll do the same. They clearly do not respect their house or their things 🙄

• Angry
I know. Just because you are going to repaint doesn't mean you let your kids just pick the paint off walls! What's wrong with her?

Reactions: 1
Wow i thought new support bubble was single parent families.
Yet conway kids with granny all day giving Kerry and Warren some couple time.

No I believe it is people living alone can buddy up with any other household? I’m sure they were all delighted to see one another.

No I believe it is people living alone can buddy up with any other household? I’m sure they were all delighted to see one another.
Yes it's people living alone, or a single parent family so they are correct in what they are doing. To be fair I've always thought Warren's mum comes across quite nice and does dote on the girls. I bet she has missed seeing them. X

Yes it's people living alone, or a single parent family so they are correct in what they are doing. To be fair I've always thought Warren's mum comes across quite nice and does dote on the girls. I bet she has missed seeing them. X
I’m sure she, and all others living alone at the minute, have been very lonely. She is definitely a very hands on grandma, for sure, she seems to have a great relationship with the girls. It’s lovely they got to spend the time together.

And I don’t begrudge ANY parent a break when they can get it. These last months have been full on, and I know when I can I’ll be happy to leave the kids with my parents and get a few hours of tranquility (or cleaning. Let’s be honest 🤣)

Reactions: 11
Me too but my MIL wants 'first dibs' as she puts it and I absolutely cannot stand her 🤐

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.