Kerry Conway #7 No kids on the grid, unless she’s earning a few quid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know I’m probably going to be crucified for saying this but...I’d paint those fireplace bricks white. It looks weird as duck right now.

In the Q&A video. The way she talks, if you had never seen her house before you’d think it was something completely different than what it is.

Reactions: 8
That's quite sad she had to sell a birth.
Anyone know how much their house was.
Was their last rented house nice?
My mortgage is lower than local rents but we put down 50k deposit.
I just don't buy they save, have lots of disposable income every month.
I guess monthly car payment and kitchen is like paying twice their mortgage before utilities/phone/ petrol and food/clothes.
Their last rented house was ok. The bedrooms were about the same size IIRC but the lounge was bigger and it had a nice size dining room. The kitchen wasn’t nice though. But personally, I think it was a better house than their current one.

I hate how she keeps saying it’s renovation. I’ll grant them the removal of t he chimney breast, but that’s it! It’s not like a proper renovation, changing the wall colours or even putting in a new kitchen isn’t what I would call renovating.

That fireplace looks ridiculous. I mean, I am no interior designer, my own house is pretty plain as it’s just not my thing, but that is an eyesore!

Last edited:
Personally if that was my house I wouldn’t have bothered with the kitchen first I would have sorted the kids rooms living room & carpeted the stairs first it’s not like the kitchen was unliveable it’s just she didn’t like it and finish each room before I started another room paint flooring all the finishing touches etc and I would have left the old fireplace in and got a nice surround - I’d floor the living room with a rug just so it’s easier to clean cover sofas with throws etc I’ve got leather sofas there’s no way I’d get a fabric sofa with my son around 😂

Some more classic Kerryisms in that video

“I’m always right about these things most of the time” 🤔

“I hate spending money...... at weekends we usually go for a day out and spend about £200” What the hell?! Who spends £200 a weekend on a day out (and a takeaway)?

“I don’t like owing money, I want to pay for it outright and not be borrowing. We don’t put stuff on credit card..... well except we do have the kitchen on finance and anything we put on credit card is a small amount I know I can pay easily off in a few payments”
(and isn’t their car on finance?!)

I will say though, I do admire that they are sensible with their monthly wages, and don’t go crazy spending loads each month if it isn’t there. That is sensible and a good way to decorate and stay afloat. Although I do worry massively about anyone who doesn’t seem to have any savings or save any money at all.

Reactions: 4
She is so bizarre. How the eff have they spent £7k?!? The kitchen is excluded because that's on finance. They have painted the walls and put some lino in Sienna's room. I doubt they paid much for the 'chimney expert' and the cooker/fridge freezer cannot have taken a huge chunk from £7k, so what's the rest gone on.

Absolutely no way they could have £1k left each month. Their car is on finance, the kitchen finance payment, pretty sure the appliances were financed too. Plus mortgage, council tax, gas electric, tv licence, water, internet, food shopping...and they are left with a grand each month?!

I felt she came across very smug. She kept talking out the side of her mouth and smirking. I wouldn't be so smug Kez, you haven't carpeted and if you all want to eat your meals together someone is standing up 🤣🙈

And the loft conversion is highly unlikely to happen, even though guys 'we bought the whole house'

Doubt they will do a playroom either. It will need properly insulating and fitting with electrics.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Important question....where the duck is her Christmas tree going to go??? Theres no chance it will fit in that living room with the row of sofas😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She is so bizarre. How the eff have they spent £7k?!? The kitchen is excluded because that's on finance. They have painted the walls and put some lino in Sienna's room. I doubt they paid much for the 'chimney expert' and the cooker/fridge freezer cannot have taken a huge chunk from £7k, so what's the rest gone on.

Absolutely no way they could have £1k left each month. Their car is on finance, the kitchen finance payment, pretty sure the appliances were financed too. Plus mortgage, council tax, gas electric, tv licence, water, internet, food shopping...and they are left with a grand each month?!

I felt she came across very smug. She kept talking out the side of her mouth and smirking. I wouldn't be so smug Kez, you haven't carpeted and if you all want to eat your meals together someone is standing up 🤣🙈

And the loft conversion is highly unlikely to happen, even though guys 'we bought the whole house'

Doubt they will do a playroom either. It will need properly insulating and fitting with electrics.
I suppose all those smaller things do add up. They had scaffolding, several skips etc for the chimney so I can easily see it costing £1000, the hire of the equipment and everything. I don’t know how much a deposit for a kitchen would be? £1000?

And all those Poundland decorative bits soon add up 🙊

Reactions: 7
Did she say the deposit for the house was included in the £7000??

And yes she did come across very smug.
Such a shame Bob the builder aka Warren couldn’t be there for the filming, he really wanted to be in the video apparently ☹
If they have £1000 left over every month why the hell are they still living in a squat? Kez is telling porkies me thinks, more like 50p left over.

Reactions: 11
Did she say the deposit for the house was included in the £7000??

And yes she did come across very smug.
Such a shame Bob the builder aka Warren couldn’t be there for the filming, he really wanted to be in the video apparently ☹
If they have £1000 left over every month why the hell are they still living in a squat? Kez is telling porkies me thinks, more like 50p left over.
She said deposit, but I think she meant deposit for the kitchen rather than the house? Surely that can’t have included house deposit?!

Reactions: 3
I went back and watched their house tour and there’s definitely better ways to put the sofas rathe than along one wall I’d put one across the window facing you as you go in the door and one along the long back wall then have the tv on the wall Xmas tree in the corner and storage unit along the wall as you walk In but they’ve got so much crap to be able to use the space properly 😐🤦🏻‍♀️

Oh no she definitely won't listen to sense with those sofas. Everyone told her to have them in an L shape but she said she doesn't like it 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Oh no she definitely won't listen to sense with those sofas. Everyone told her to have them in an L shape but she said she doesn't like it 🤷‍♀️
how can she not like the L shape when it’s practical for her living room gives her more space yet she likes the 2 sofas put together along one wall which does nothing for the living room 🤦🏻‍♀️ If she did the L shape they’d be areas for small tables with a lamp places to put some things without it looking cluttered - her house especially the living room makes me so uncomfortable it’s so unorganised and cluttered nothing goes the sofas disgusting and needs a deep clean and then there’s the carpet 🤮 how can they relax in the livingroom I have child I live in a 9 year old new build with isn’t small or lacking storage according to Kerry I’ve build in wardrobes in both bedrooms 2 large cupboards in my hall a massive living room kitchen and a good sized bathroom which has a bath sink and toilet in the one room 😂 I’ve got a large sideboard for toy/general storage in the living room tv unit with storage kallax units in the hall & 4 year olds room... she uses the kids as an excuse for a messy dirty cluttered house when it’s actually her not doing anything have proper storage and places for things no wonder she’s being suffering from mental health issues I’d be depressed living in that 🙄

Reactions: 10
how can she not like the L shape when it’s practical for her living room gives her more space yet she likes the 2 sofas put together along one wall which does nothing for the living room 🤦🏻‍♀️ If she did the L shape they’d be areas for small tables with a lamp places to put some things without it looking cluttered - her house especially the living room makes me so uncomfortable it’s so unorganised and cluttered nothing goes the sofas disgusting and needs a deep clean and then there’s the carpet 🤮 how can they relax in the livingroom I have child I live in a 9 year old new build with isn’t small or lacking storage according to Kerry I’ve build in wardrobes in both bedrooms 2 large cupboards in my hall a massive living room kitchen and a good sized bathroom which has a bath sink and toilet in the one room 😂 I’ve got a large sideboard for toy/general storage in the living room tv unit with storage kallax units in the hall & 4 year olds room... she uses the kids as an excuse for a messy dirty cluttered house when it’s actually her not doing anything have proper storage and places for things no wonder she’s being suffering from mental health issues I’d be depressed living in that 🙄
I think she rebels when someone gives advice for something, she seems to make a point of not doing what was advised and going in the complete opposite direction! A LOT of people on insta (not ‘trolls’) recommended the other way to have the sofa yet she doesn't want to know.

Reactions: 9
They did a 5% deposit. Don’t quote me on this but I have £168k in mind for their house? So £8k deposit at 5%
Yep that sound about right from what I remember. I really don’t know how she can warrant giving house buying advice when they only Managed to get a deposit from filming Roma’s birth. If they’d managed to budget and save the deposit I’d admire them a bit more but she’s going on in her video about having disposable income each month, why didn’t they just save that towards a deposit years ago. Sorry Kerry but I really don’t think much of the way you managed to buy your house. You didn’t work hard to save.
Also calling bull tit on the ‘we were offered double what we needed’ from the mortgage broker. No way would they have bought that house if that was the case, I understand wanting a house to renovate but the layout is tit and it doesn’t have a driveway. Surely you’d look around a few more houses within your budget if you could, even just for ideas.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yea and even if they did get offered a bigger mortgage (which I bet they didn’t) they couldn’t have got a more expensive house because she said they only just had enough of a deposit for 5% for that house!! 😂 just be honest people Would respect her more!! The only reason they brought that house was because it was all they could afford in the area they wanted!!

And seriously why are they thinking of going in the loft spending all that money they would be better to finish all the other rooms then sell making a bit of a profit and look for a bigger house with more space!! There’s no way that house is bigger enough for 3 kids as they grow!! That living room is so tiny!!

Also if they did go in the loft and spend all that money and then want to sell no one would pay loads for that house so they would prob end up losing money!!

Reactions: 9
What I got out of her video is look at me im so financially responsible

Yet we have 2 luxury cars 1 on finance
Why not get a 2nd hand people carrier like most mum's have to.
I'm staggered they spent £200 a weekend that's bonkers considering the baby would have been free.
Did she get usual gifted cot, pram carseat for Roma?
I dident even know you could get 5% deposits.
It's not only their deposit came from selling her birth if only we could all get 10k per baby plus free items for them.
Never realised how cheap her area was as thought most of South West expensive but it's not something and nothing town really.
It intrigues me as we brought 1st home last year and have similar amount of kids.
We found shopping for mortgages tricky the most we could borrow on 50k a year was 190k.
We put down just under 25% deposit and have good credit record and 4 dependents.
We couldn't buy a house where we live for 190k.
Our income is variable which makes mortgages more complex it's bit like being a self employed person or a contractor.
Not sure what Warren does but her line of work her income would be variable and ad hoc.
We desperately wanted new kitchen when we moved however the guttering was hanging off the house and the fences were missing so we had to prioritise what little money we had left and make sensible decisions.
Even finance option if kitchen would have upped our monthly outgoings each month alright in good pay month but we have bad low months too it felt too risky.
Some areas not being snobby ex council have ceiling price so no matter what they do they might not add that much value.

I looked at home account so many things are free so not sure where that figure it 1000 a month has come from.
Labour free the kitchen fitting on finance.
They tiled themselves with they couldn't find right tiler as excuse for delay.
Iconic lighting keep giving her so much free lighting as 2 new ones in eldest room.
Those bricks fireplace free.
Kitchen tiles gifted.
Did she lay laminate in kitchen or kardean?
She's right about screwfix they cheap we go there a lot.
Not keen on vinyl in bedroom it's cheapest floor you can get clearly their own money and they fitted it themselves.
Not keen on that wall looks like something seen on diy on budget group on Facebook slightly tacky.
She's not used any high end paint.
She did go quartz worktop.
She's never explained if appliances were financed.
All the prints are Poundland do disenio not even care .
The whole we might leave the stairs uncarpeted like it's a choice scream to me they skint.
She won't listen 're sofa.
Has she got rid of that grim rug.
A small table and chairs in the l so they can sit down girls can do craft or homework would have been better.
With her history of stress and depression I would have done basics 1st so got every room flooring done fresh paint and accessories before I started knocking down walls or adding a new kitchen.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.