Kerry Conway #6 New kitchen, new specs, please let Sienna’s room be next!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t believe that now she has a fully functioning oven she’s using the slow cooker. Surely you’d be sick of slow cooker meals
She's probably thrown all her pans out in anticipation of getting this range cooker so needs to buy new ones 😂

I think they have cash flow issued they just need be honest.
They dont have a savings and renovations pot of money they do bits when they cab afford it, get as much gifted as possible and the rest on credit.
I wonder what the deal with the tile company was surely they envisaged them on a completed kitchen?
The Conways had no idea how much tiling was they using the we waiting good tiler is free as an excuse must be hundred tilers in South west.
They should have tackled 1 room at a time not half arsed starts to every room.
The lounge still ain't right. God help condition of floor in lounge with all that food everywhere.
Im pleased they doing their children's room.
What exactly needs doing is it floor and paint or plastering too?
Wonder which infleuencer she copy.
I vaguely remember them ripping out a fitted wardrobe.
If the kids rooms were done there be less toys in the lounge.
Really wish they ditch 1 sofa and some toys to fit small table and chairs in the lounge.
They still have plastering to do in siennas room. She said its like a storage room so far.

And they are saving all the toys for the playroom she said that's why she doesn't mind the toys in the living room for now but now that's not being done till who knows when, not sure what will happen with the living room toys. She needs to get storage boxes for that kallax unit, she'd probably fit quiet a few in there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Glad im not the only one who thought that I thought maybe im just being too critical so glad others felt the same.

Yes I was a little surprised at that not only should they have had their fill of slow cooker food. Also we hardly use the slow cooker during the summer months I always think of meals from them more as autumn/winter foods but then again never in my life have I made slow cooker full english breakfast or burgers.
All I’ve ever made in mine is soup and lasagne, I completely forgot about putting everything in on the morning and think it’s just easier to use the oven. Maybe I’m just an unprepared parent but slow cookers aren’t for me aha

Reactions: 2
Everytime i use my slow cooker, I remember why I don't.
Everything comes out rubbish and tasteless 😩

Reactions: 3
Can she really not do the girls hair any better than that!! They just look so scruffy and unkempt. Make some effort for them! Did she even bother to iron Arias t shirt?

Reactions: 1
Why does Kerry always need to justify food I dont get it the girls dinner looked fine baked potato beans and sausage in fact I think I would have preferred that instead of her slow cooker curry and why she bloody got a range cooker I will never know she only ever uses the slow bloody cooker

Screenshot_20190717-213007_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20190717-212621_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: 1
what’s with the pineapple dresses all the time? They don’t even look like they fit & aren’t even very nice! 🤔

Personally, I don’t like maxi dresses on little girls. Not exactly practical for running round playing.

I’m sure she maybe mentioned before, but I don’t recall - why do they not eat with the girls anymore? And Roma sometimes eats separately as well, so 3 dinner times? I do get it with Roma to an extent (if she is extremely tired and needs very early bed?) but not the others. And why do they have to eat something different? Kerry is always making a point of how unfussy they are, what good eaters they are, how meal times are so important but yet she is displaying the exact opposite in her recent food behaviour.

And the constant reference to veggies makes me wanna hit her with a cucumber. And the justification of every food... definitely all linked with her previous eating disorder and worrying she displays it for all to see - hopefully not the same in front of the girls.

Reactions: 4
Probably cos they cant all fit around the breakfast bar! Got to eat in shifts.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I feel like she’s trying to hard to be this natural gentle parent since Roma. It just comes across as really fake because it just isn’t her. You’d think she was the only woman to breastfeed her child.

I feel like she’s trying to hard to be this natural gentle parent since Roma. It just comes across as really fake because it just isn’t her. You’d think she was the only woman to breastfeed her child.
I agree. With aria she was desperate to have space and be apart from her, have her in the buggy rather than the sling, not breastfeed her as it was too much closeness and too much reliance. Now with Roma she is always saying oh hold them close. A big shift. And I get everyone’s parenting evolves, and is dependent on the child as well, but just seems to be a biiig change to me

What I cant understand is with my third I knew she was my last so I didn't was her to grow up I wanted my baby forever so let her sleep on me etc I loved it so can understand Kerry wanting her close it's her 3rd last baby but then the pushy wanting her to hit milestones as early as possible doesnt fit with that. My 3rd started walking at 9 months I was devastated she was growing and want to be off and explore Kerry pushes for Roma to walk etc

I agree. With aria she was desperate to have space and be apart from her, have her in the buggy rather than the sling, not breastfeed her as it was too much closeness and too much reliance. Now with Roma she is always saying oh hold them close. A big shift. And I get everyone’s parenting evolves, and is dependent on the child as well, but just seems to be a biiig change to me
I agree that parenting can & does evolve which each child. Your more relaxed after your first but it’s such a big leap from what she was. I mean you can’t be gentle with one & not the others. Packing yourself & baby off to a hotel while you leave your other children doesn’t really give me gentle vibes. It just doesn’t come naturally to her & I just find all this baby wearing, breast feeding hippy mama (I baby wear & have breastfed both my children) stuff forced. I’ve stopped watching her vlogs because she bores me but follow along on Instagram & it’s all just cringeworthy.

What I cant understand is with my third I knew she was my last so I didn't was her to grow up I wanted my baby forever so let her sleep on me etc I loved it so can understand Kerry wanting her close it's her 3rd last baby but then the pushy wanting her to hit milestones as early as possible doesnt fit with that. My 3rd started walking at 9 months I was devastated she was growing and want to be off and explore Kerry pushes for Roma to walk etc
I was the same with my second & last. I knew she was my last so I didn’t focus so much on her routine & I really made the most of those baby cuddles. But like you I was upset with every milestone she passed. It was bitter sweet, of course I wanted her to grow & develop but I wanted my baby to be a baby forever. I don’t understand parents that have more than one child in that want there child to crawl & walk early, enjoy not having to run after them when you put them down. It’s hard work when they can walk 😂

Last edited:
Veggies irritates the life out of me too!!! Why does she feel the need to justify every snack and meal. And I would 100% prefer jacket potatoes than the watery curry.

After the walking she'll start going on about Roma's speech next ...
Shes no idea how hurtful she can be to parents of children with delays

Reactions: 6
I've just watched the aldi haul.

That walker?
I would be so ashamed of myself, if my baby was sitting in that.

And in the comments someone has said, why not buy the IKEA one? And she's said oh I've ordered one, this was just temporary. Sorry roma is almost one so been eating for almost 6 months now and you are just buying a highchair?? What the duck.

Shes lucky she doesn't have any one involved e.g. Social workers cause her house is a tip, her children are unkept. And roma is standing in that walker eating her dinner? Seriously 🤦‍♀️

I don’t understand the eating in a walker thing. She did it with aria as well, and the rest of them ate at the table, for a good while until she got a high chair. I don’t understand why she thinks a walker is a suitable place to eat?

I don’t understand why it’s taken her 6 months to get a high chair. She still doesn’t have a dining table so that’s not an excuse!

No excuse and you can sense the sarcasm coming out of her stories too in relation to getting the high chair then she made comment to the fact she had a crop top on the other day. Shameful she said, like she is waiting for negative comments.

Shes a funny one because one part of who she is, is a "make do and mend" type person, making do with what you've got etc and the other part is "i want all the best things, buy everything and look at me and my stuff" attitude. Does anyone else get that?

Reactions: 7
No excuse and you can sense the sarcasm coming out of her stories too in relation to getting the high chair then she made comment to the fact she had a crop top on the other day. Shameful she said, like she is waiting for negative comments.

Shes a funny one because one part of who she is, is a "make do and mend" type person, making do with what you've got etc and the other part is "i want all the best things, buy everything and look at me and my stuff" attitude. Does anyone else get that?
Do you think that’s possibly a product of the world she is living in (meaning influencer land?) maybe she is naturally a “make do and mend” type but the mindless consumerism and constant keeping up with the Joneses, and oneupmanship these instamums do may have slowly infiltrated her? I know there were pieces of furniture she had from their first flat they had for ages, and weren’t great stuff, but they kept them as they were fine (or I believe that’s the case anyway). Now everything has to be new and shiny all the time, and that’s been a shift I’ve noticed over the last 18months or so. Something which makes her less relatable.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.