Keeping Faith

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m gonna be totally honest, I watched series 1 after all the hype around it. And didn’t completely get it. It was fine, and I probably will watch Series 2 because I enjoyed it, but I didn’t love it like everyone else seemed to.

Reactions: 1
Just watched series 1 over 3 days and watched 2 episodes of series 2.
So many unanswered questions from the first series, not sure if I'll continue with series 2 as it seems to be dragging.

Watched both series.
Still found series 2 confusing think was flashbacks between real time and present day.
The dodgy police woman grew on me.
Detest both Evans parents they both awful in different ways.
Fantastic acting from the children.
Love faiths freind network
Couldn't really get into the court case.
Hate the new actress that plays gail Reardon.
She seemed nicer and more compassionate in series 1.
Evan confuses the hell out of me.
The Secretary clearly has a crush on Evans dad.
Where's Evans sister and police bil gone?
Am i the only weirdo who finds steve baldini oddly sexy.

Reactions: 6
Agree @Pink flamingo Gael Reardon aged a lot and the actress didn't suit the part imo, she didn't have the same edge as series 1.
It was strange the sister and husband were never mentioned. Especially as the husband was a big character in series 1.
I don't feel like I really know what Evan was doing, you see snippets but the Glen family business wasn't really mentioned. How did the police detective get the early release? I think I'd have preferred to see Evan's court case more than the farmer's wife.

Agree @Pink flamingo Gael Reardon aged a lot and the actress didn't suit the part imo, she didn't have the same edge as series 1.
It was strange the sister and husband were never mentioned. Especially as the husband was a big character in series 1.
I don't feel like I really know what Evan was doing, you see snippets but the Glen family business wasn't really mentioned. How did the police detective get the early release? I think I'd have preferred to see Evan's court case more than the farmer's wife.
I am welsh so I love the language side of it.
Her house and the scenery is lovely.
But both series made the community they live feel dark, bleak and depressing.
They make it seem like the whole area is controlled by crime families and people having affiars and doing dodgy things.
It covered topics bribery/corruption /people snuggling and exploitation.
The 1st series when Evan went missing the community turned on faith.
1st series i liked Evans dad and felt sorry for him.
He seemed so hands on and lovely 1st series.
2nd series its like his personality had changed.
I dont miss the glyns they were weird and awful.
The Reardon equally awful.
Steve played a blinder.
Was the police lady banged up i thought it was dci parrry from swansea that was suoer dodgy.
The police lady planted evidence against faith but faith i think kept her secret that she ran over someone.
Evans sister was awful characters 1st series but loved the bil was disappointed no explanation what happened to them.
The mother i assume is living alone and is still a horrible character always putting people down.
The address who played gail was so wooden and unlikable her exit was comical.
No idea really about her relationship with Evan at 1st i thought shes used him and he loves faith.
I couldn't get interested in the murder case it bored me as did faith not standing up to gail.
Glad arthur returned hes great.
Not sure what I think of other female lawyer shes always been bit unlikable.
The new policeman i got impression he knows faith and they go way back possibly before she met Evan.
He also was super annoying and just irritated me most way through until the end when he had honest words with faith.
They made the welsh police force seem dodgy corrupt and incompetent.

I am welsh and I have to admit I absolutely adore Eve Myles. I loved her when she was in Frankie too. Really enjoyed the second series. Steve Baldini is adorable and my heart ached when I saw them together at the beach. I loved him in Stella too when he acted as Ruth Jones first love 💕. Praying there is another series so we can see Gael get her just desserts and Evan finally his Karma too x

I haven’t actually watched this show but I keep hearing good things about the first season especially! Did anyone used to watch Torchwood? Absolutely adored Eve Myles in that show she was amazing!

Reactions: 2
Loved the first series and Eve Myles, don’t like the new Gail. 2 episodes into series 2, it’s not gripped me like the first one but still enjoying it.

Also that met officer is irritating.

Reactions: 3
Just finished series 2 and really wished I hadn't bothered, way too much staring into space and musical interludes could of been 30 mins an episode if they cut it all out. Best acting came from the kids loved the house tho.

Just finished series 2 and really wished I hadn't bothered, way too much staring into space and musical interludes could of been 30 mins an episode if they cut it all out. Best acting came from the kids loved the house tho.
I'm a few episodes into Series 2 and feeling much like yourself.
Don't think I'll bother finishing it.

Didn’t enjoy the 2nd series really especially compared to the first. The whole flashback and present day stuff was confusing and it just never seemed to get going it was quite boring really.

Didn’t enjoy the 2nd series really especially compared to the first. The whole flashback and present day stuff was confusing and it just never seemed to get going it was quite boring really.
After watching a couple of episodes I wasn't going to bother finishing it but I was bored and continued on.
Wish I hadn't bothered.
Totally agree with you... boring.

After watching a couple of episodes I wasn't going to bother finishing it but I was bored and continued on.
Wish I hadn't bothered.
Totally agree with you... boring.
I had to force myself to finish it... part of me was hoping it’d finally pick up but nope 😂 don’t know how they managed to go so wrong with this series compared to how good the first was.

I could not care less about the storyline and I never know what's going on but I love her, her clothes, her house and the location ... although how they film in all that sunshine in Wales I'll never know (I spend a lorra lorra time in Wales). I haven't finished it yet but I may take the advice up thread and skip to the last ep.

It's hilarious how much time they all spend contemplating life in stunning locations.

I was wondering how everyone was able to just turn up to visit Evan in the Open Prison whenever they liked.
I mean I know it's Open but surely there are still visiting hours.

Also no mention of the Policeman brother in-law and Evan's sister from Series 1.

Last edited: