Keelin Moncrieff #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah very true you’re right thanks for explaining x
There’s also the issue that the child can’t consent to their photos being online, and they can’t erase their digital footprint once it’s happened either. Someone once explained it to me like: “you wouldn’t upload photos of your partner without their consent, so why upload photos of your child without their consent?” which to me, makes sense.

Before the Internet, personal family photos would be contained to albums or picture frames at home. The most public equivalent of an insta post might be a photo in your wallet, but if you were to show a stranger that photo down the pub, you wouldn’t be giving them a copy to keep for themselves to show all their friends too, and their friends can show their friends, and so on.

Now that the children who grew up alongside social media are starting to have children themselves, they are much more aware of how permanent/invasive it can be. The more ‘online’ you are, the more followers you have, the higher the risk of innocent photos getting into the wrong hands. The way I look at it is, there’s probably no harm in sharing a cute, intimate family moment online, but there’s definitely no harm in not sharing it.

Apologies for waffling. It’s just something I think about a lot lol

Reactions: 12
There’s also the issue that the child can’t consent to their photos being online, and they can’t erase their digital footprint once it’s happened either. Someone once explained it to me like: “you wouldn’t upload photos of your partner without their consent, so why upload photos of your child without their consent?” which to me, makes sense.

Before the Internet, personal family photos would be contained to albums or picture frames at home. The most public equivalent of an insta post might be a photo in your wallet, but if you were to show a stranger that photo down the pub, you wouldn’t be giving them a copy to keep for themselves to show all their friends too, and their friends can show their friends, and so on.

Now that the children who grew up alongside social media are starting to have children themselves, they are much more aware of how permanent/invasive it can be. The more ‘online’ you are, the more followers you have, the higher the risk of innocent photos getting into the wrong hands. The way I look at it is, there’s probably no harm in sharing a cute, intimate family moment online, but there’s definitely no harm in not sharing it.

Apologies for waffling. It’s just something I think about a lot lol
No definitely makes sense thanks so much for sharing that I totally agree and understand a lot more now thinking of it like that

Reactions: 2
I watched the YouTube video about her hospital bag- I love watching hospital bag videos as I loved packing mine each time. So is she not bringing disposable maternity pads.. just the reusable period pants?
Good luck with that 👍

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I watched the YouTube video about her hospital bag- I love watching hospital bag videos as I loved packing mine each time. So is she not bringing disposable maternity pads.. just the reusable period pants?
Good luck with that 👍
She wouldn’t want to look unsustainable would she 🙄 in case anyone gave a duck

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Her latest tiktok just came up on my fyp. She's due tomorrow
And already talking about getting pregnant with her next child. I don’t know why I find that so annoying but just try looking after one child first before you decide your whole future.

Reactions: 6
And already talking about getting pregnant with her next child. I don’t know why I find that so annoying but just try looking after one child first before you decide your whole future.
It sounds harsh but those with a lot of childhood trauma/issues with their parents (which keelin alludes to all the time) often struggle with their children, especially at first. not sure why she thinks it will be a walk in the park where all she needs is to feed and love her baby and dress it up

Reactions: 4
I didn’t hear her say this I’ll go listen again but she’s definitely in for a shock and I can imagine in a few months time she’ll have videos up crying etc showing how hard it is and looking for sympathy, I know that’s so negative but just my assumption. Also Jason is childish as duck she’s going to lose the head with him when things get stressful he seems absolutely clueless 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I didn’t hear her say this I’ll go listen again but she’s definitely in for a shock and I can imagine in a few months time she’ll have videos up crying etc showing how hard it is and looking for sympathy, I know that’s so negative but just my assumption. Also Jason is childish as duck she’s going to lose the head with him when things get stressful he seems absolutely clueless 🤣🤣
It was in response to a comment saying they would miss her pregnancy vlogs and she said “oh I don’t think it’ll be long before I’m pregnant again”. I just think it’s naive.

It was in response to a comment saying they would miss her pregnancy vlogs and she said “oh I don’t think it’ll be long before I’m pregnant again”. I just think it’s naive.
Sorry but she’s so thick wait until she sees what it’s really like she’s always going on about being so selfish etc when you have a baby you have to basically forget about yourself for a while and it’s exhausting. And Jason will be off in urban outfitters doing sweet duck all while she does everything for the baby that is going to send her mad imo

I’ve been following Keelin for literally years and I used to love her videos. These days i don’t know it’s just all so fake or something ?? Like first she said shed be putting the baby all over social media and now she won’t be at all (i’m not too bothered about seeing her child so i don’t care) but just like things like this. Saying she has no money but lives in Dublin city centre about to have a baby any minute ?? I’ve even met her myself when she lived in Galway and she was so rude. i’m aware i could of caugjt her on a bad day but i’ve heard this from so many people. Her videos are just so contradicting and then airing all of her mothers dirty laundry all over youtube ?? She seriously needs some professional help from a therapist (this time a few months ago she was putting out videos about how depressed she was and everything ??) just super super confusing stuff 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 13
I’ve been following Keelin for literally years and I used to love her videos. These days i don’t know it’s just all so fake or something ?? Like first she said shed be putting the baby all over social media and now she won’t be at all (i’m not too bothered about seeing her child so i don’t care) but just like things like this. Saying she has no money but lives in Dublin city centre about to have a baby any minute ?? I’ve even met her myself when she lived in Galway and she was so rude. i’m aware i could of caugjt her on a bad day but i’ve heard this from so many people. Her videos are just so contradicting and then airing all of her mothers dirty laundry all over youtube ?? She seriously needs some professional help from a therapist (this time a few months ago she was putting out videos about how depressed she was and everything ??) just super super confusing stuff 🤷‍♀️
yeah, seems she lies a lot now. and i mean a lot, about stupid little things but ALL the time. she also has a "poor me poor me" attitude all the time and to be honest she's the problem. she's been given a lot of graces in life by the looks of it and yet she still blames everyone else for her problems. scary that she's having a child tbh

Reactions: 6
It’s so weird watching her videos from not even a full year ago of her being a chaotic mess (and I mean it was appropriate I guess, young adult, seemingly financially stable, and had the audience for it) to now being a mother. It just doesn’t seem like enough time to make that transition and work through personal issues and organise your life to now have a baby? And most of the time she had to do that she was pregnant. I feel for Keelin cos I think she thinks this baby’s going to give her stability, and that she can jst be a Pinterest mummy but that’s jst not real.
I remember on the previous thread someone posted a tweet of some saying they saw Keelin doing cocaine weeks before her pregnancy announcement. And I mean I think that’s telling; if you were serious about being a parent surely you would try to abstain from the hardcore drugs well in advance? I’m glad she said she won’t post her baby online but she also changes her mind so much that I don’t think she’ll stick to it to be honest.

Reactions: 10
I thought they found that in a skip. Can’t believe they pay money for that ‘look’ 😮

Reactions: 2
She’s literally buying all her babies clothes second hand and said in her video she has to wait till next pay check to get a working fridge?? But buys a €300 ugly jumper when you could buy a good quality jumper for about €60. This girl is so dumb
i thought that too. plus with her alleged 5k a month you could easily buy a fridge and a camera in the same month lol she chats sooo much tit

same with the whole "its not economical for me to buy urban outfittes or brandy melville from depop as its more expensive" like ok?? dont buy those brands then if you want to be ~sustainable~ ???? or just admit you dont give a tit. dont buy yourself shite from urban 24/7 and then try to make out you're doing everything sustainably.

also, her complaining about people fighting outside of the apartment? first of all, she admitted to going to her old apartment and pissing in the alley and singing, so she's not exactly a considerate person either. miss "there's a housing crisis!!11" should be more grateful she has somewhere to live tbh its a city centre apartment what do you expect?? she's desperate to drag jason to the country but what could she even afford there? harsh as it sounds this is why you plan things out before you do them instead of making rash selfish decisions

Reactions: 11

Thought the same that it was so ungrateful of her to complain about the apartment when people are queuing for hours to get a place. She is very very lucky to have that place

Reactions: 4
Has she thought about when the child is 5 and needs a new pair of shoes every two months? Uniform? School books?
When the child is 12 and going through puberty and figuring out their hormones and gets their first boyfriend or girlfriend?
You can’t be a cool eco mammy and that’s enough for the child and they’ll have a perfect life.
The child is not an extension of her, she’ll be her own person with her own opinions and experiences that Keelin won’t be able to make into an aesthetic and I don’t think she understands that. I feel sorry for the child in that regard already

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.