Kayla & Leah Itsines

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As requested. Can’t stand her and think she’s an absolute leach who only got “famous” because of her sister. I don’t think she adds any substance to whatever community she is apart of (fitness? Cooking? Mumfluencer?).

Reactions: 8
Adding my thoughts…
Can we please discuss Leah Itsines in more depth? I didn’t even know she was a thing until she was bought up here few days ago.

So basically, she isn’t body or fitness goals as she’s a bigger girl, she is neither a qualified chef nor a food stylist, but she has launched a fitness come food influencer career off the back of Kaylas monstrous success?
I love Kayla but Leah seems meh AF. And reading here, she seems like a whinger too
Just had a quick browse. Her recipes are basic as all get out. Who would pay for her food guides? Really dumb people who cannot use google?

Reactions: 9
I’ve actually followed Leah for a few years now. Back when she doesn’t have the numbers she had now. I don’t think she’s exactly leached off her sister. Back then Kayla never tagged her, and she rarely posted of Kayla either. She made a conscious effort not to, assuming so people don’t think she is leaching off her.

At the start I actually really liked her daily stories. She is definitely a different body shape to Kayla. She’s also had back surgery from a gym injury, and breast reduction surgery. I thought she was very likeable but I’m starting to watch her less and less. I think after she started that Pyjamas brand and the supplements brand I’m confused. It’s as if she’s not using her followers to create products to make money. Someone also pointed in another thread that she did those question boxes and someone had asked if she was creating a pregnancy/baby friendly guide and you could tell she then full went into work mode to pump a guide out - and it’s true! Just starting to feel disingenuous.

If I’m looking for supplements I’d go for a brand that purely focuses on selling that.. Tropeka, JS health.. or even someone that represents health like Rachael Finch etc. not someone unqualified in that department!

Reactions: 5
I’ve actually followed Leah for a few years now. Back when she doesn’t have the numbers she had now. I don’t think she’s exactly leached off her sister. Back then Kayla never tagged her, and she rarely posted of Kayla either. She made a conscious effort not to, assuming so people don’t think she is leaching off her.

At the start I actually really liked her daily stories. She is definitely a different body shape to Kayla. She’s also had back surgery from a gym injury, and breast reduction surgery. I thought she was very likeable but I’m starting to watch her less and less. I think after she started that Pyjamas brand and the supplements brand I’m confused. It’s as if she’s not using her followers to create products to make money. Someone also pointed in another thread that she did those question boxes and someone had asked if she was creating a pregnancy/baby friendly guide and you could tell she then full went into work mode to pump a guide out - and it’s true! Just starting to feel disingenuous.

If I’m looking for supplements I’d go for a brand that purely focuses on selling that.. Tropeka, JS health.. or even someone that represents health like Rachael Finch etc. not someone unqualified in that department!
Leached might be the wrong word but she definitely benefited off who her sister was… even if she didn’t tag her or anything (I’ve followed/know of Kayla for a really long time) she still would have gained more views just for being associated to Kayla, people would know. What I’m saying is she would gain more notice and more of a following than I would with my 300 followers who doesn’t have a very prominently famous fitness influencer sister.

Reactions: 3
Oh yes agreed for sure 100%. Definitely for a leg up in terms of getting recognised compared to if you and I were trying to start something.

Reactions: 2
Are we also allowed to discuss Kayla? I found the split from Toby very sudden and unexpected. She’s super private though so we never would have known if something was going on behind the scenes but engaged and a baby seemed a bit out of the blue.

Reactions: 7
Are we also allowed to discuss Kayla? I found the split from Toby very sudden and unexpected. She’s super private though so we never would have known if something was going on behind the scenes but engaged and a baby seemed a bit out of the blue.
yes! Always wanted to discuss this but had no thread! I always wonder what happened! Arms was still quite young at the time when it happened. They full had that surprised engagement video and everything when she was pregnant.

yes! Always wanted to discuss this but had no thread! I always wonder what happened! Arms was still quite young at the time when it happened. They full had that surprised engagement video and everything when she was pregnant.
I think she wasn’t even two years old when they split?! Does she actually have a new partner? I don’t usually care about the whys but for some reason I’m super curious as to why they split. For some reason I do think Kayla would be quite “high maintenance”.

I’d imagine that having a baby and running such a business, especially with both parents so involved in the business, would be really tough on a marriage. Who knows if they were having issues already, then fell pregnant, and Toby decided to propose? I find it all interesting too.

Reactions: 1
Looks like she's already shooting pics for the pregnancy and baby BARE. Has she whipped this whole thing together in just a couple of weeks?! Qualified people spend years making guides or books. One page I started following since I've had kids is Dr Kyla Baby Mealtimes. She's so evidence based and I'm sure she would be mortified at Leah releasing a book of baby food

Leah is definitely edging towards my unfollow list but I'm surprised to see so little written about Kayla. Her Instragram makes her appear so humble and down to earth despite her success but a few things irk me.

- she humble brags all the time
- everything is always to do with her being Greek. They eat together as a family because she's Greek, or she loves coffee because she's Greek. These are not exact examples but it's a common theme
- she says she has never done sponsored posts but as a follower before she even hit 10k, I am almost positive that she was sent free clothing and would post and tag them. She didn't declare that she received it to post (wasn't an #Ad law back then) and she may have not received money for it, but I dont believe she paid for everything she posted about
- the faked pap shots. Why. Leah asked for media buyers right around the time paparazzi shots started appearing on the Daily Mail. Coincidence? I think it makes her appear so hungry for fame. She wants to be famous.
- her new boyfriend was her best friends boyfriend. They all went to Noosa together in May and now she is dating him. This friend was always at their breakfasts and on trips and then Kayla gets together with her boyfriend.
- is anyone a long time follower? I was when Llani, Claire and Bec were all friends with Leah and Kayla and worked for Kayla at the time. They were there right at the start and would travel around with Kayla and then, all of a sudden, they had all left. These people were friends with Kayla and Leah and suddenly dropped.

I’ve followed Kayla since her PDF guide days. When it was problematic as hell called ‘bikini body guide’ and as much as she likes to claim it’s just whatever body you feel comfortable in wearing a bikini, we all KNOW it was her size and shape that were the ideal.
Also the crap she pulled post pregnancy with her subtle bragging that she got back to pre pregnancy size in a matter of weeks. From the backlash she received it’s no surprise she deleted them. She tone deaf.
As for Leah, she really riding off of Kayla’s coat tails as much as people want to see it or not. She’d be no where if her sister wasn’t in the public eye. Also, I own her cooking guides and some of the recipes consistently don’t work for me and many others, for example her banana bread.

I’ve followed Kayla since her PDF guide days. When it was problematic as hell called ‘bikini body guide’ and as much as she likes to claim it’s just whatever body you feel comfortable in wearing a bikini, we all KNOW it was her size and shape that were the ideal.
Also the crap she pulled post pregnancy with her subtle bragging that she got back to pre pregnancy size in a matter of weeks. From the backlash she received it’s no surprise she deleted them. She tone deaf.
As for Leah, she really riding off of Kayla’s coat tails as much as people want to see it or not. She’d be no where if her sister wasn’t in the public eye. Also, I own her cooking guides and some of the recipes consistently don’t work for me and many others, for example her banana bread.
Yes! So many of the recipes really don't hold up. Her Mac and cheese made me want to barf

Reactions: 1
I think she wasn’t even two years old when they split?! Does she actually have a new partner? I don’t usually care about the whys but for some reason I’m super curious as to why they split. For some reason I do think Kayla would be quite “high maintenance”.
Kayla has had a couple of boyfriends since the split.
I think Toby is really problematic. Drug use (prescription drugs) , steroids, driving his sports car around Adelaide and parking in disabled spots. I think he was bringing her 'reputation' down. I don't quite believe the child pianist genius posts about his either. It was like rewriting a narrative.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I haven’t got much to contribute other than I can list a good few people who developed orthorexic traits thanks to following the Bikini Body Guide :(

Kayla has had a couple of boyfriends since the split.
I think Toby is really problematic. Drug use (prescription drugs) , steroids, driving his sports car around Adelaide and parking in disabled spots. I think he was bringing her 'reputation' down. I don't quite believe the child pianist genius posts about his either. It was like rewriting a narrative.

Where did you read about the prescription drugs?

So Mitch has obviously contacted The Daily Mail and asked them to write another article about his cash cow fiancé 🙄

1640262347352.png

Also does anyone else think Leah thinks she’s the first person to ever be pregnant?! Wow you have food aversions and nausea, how unique 🙄

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.