Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Goldvoya

I absolutely adore Katie Jane. She is so open and helpful to her followers. I asked her about winged liner for my hooded eyes. She asked me to send her a video of me foung them and talked me through it until I got it perfect. Insisting I send her video of each stage and try. She also gave me advice on lining my lips and one side of my top lip is thinner than the other side. Was a total game changer.
She is my hero and girl crush.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 12.21.17.png

"Lots of education to go with it"? WHAT 🤣

I have to bring in the Mumsnet/Sali Hughes phase of, "Are you on glue?"

Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 12.42.44.png

Sorry to keep coming back to this, but the utter brass neck to say this wankery with a straight face. It's highlighter, not the 10 commandments.

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Aw she’s just entertaining herself and anyone watching since we’re all hibernating. She’s a right sweetie. And very talented. I watch but I’ll never do any of it however her techniques are mesmerising (to me).

Her style suits her. She exists in an editorial world so it’s going to be pretty different from your average little chubby joshmo like MOI.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
I like her a lot. Her makeup looks aren’t for me but I find her likeable and entertaining, her big plus is her ability to not take herself too seriously.

Reactions: 16

SamanthaSamosa

I loveee KJH - she’s transparent, does awesome make up and is so down to earth. Even if you don’t like some of the lewks she does, you can still benefit hugely from her general advice on product usage. I think she’s lovely

Reactions: 14

Hiya123

Have nothing but love for KJH she's proper lovely' replies to comments and always replies.

She's a joy to watch as she has her own style as an mua and isn't like other mua influencers. She pushes muas to be different and find their own style unlike those that have peddled the same yellow/orange skin baking crap for years.

Love her ❤

Reactions: 14

Shineyshine

VIP Member
View attachment 2486368

"Lots of education to go with it"? WHAT 🤣

I have to bring in the Mumsnet/Sali Hughes phase of, "Are you on glue?"

View attachment 2486406

Sorry to keep coming back to this, but the utter brass neck to say this wankery with a straight face. It's highlighter, not the 10 commandments.
Like you open the box and the “education” flies out and is magically absorbed into your brain 🤣🤣🤣 That’s 30 dollars worth of your money right there!

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
I feel quite sad how fast KJH slid into the greedy, grabby, entitled influencer role. She was so refreshing at first, I guess more and more money is always the only driver.

Reactions: 13

bigbigsound

Her taste in interiors is revolting. She has no idea what she’s doing in that house. The shambolic mish mash of furniture aesthetics, half of which are not mid-century sympathetic; fugly modern rugs; terrible, pointless ideas for improvements; complete inability to sense the dimensions and scale of the rooms and select/position furniture accordingly...

I think she hates it but is trying to be positive about it because they’re now stuck with it. She got charmed by the quirkiness and didn’t consider the amount of work and money that would be needed to fit the place out. I hope she got it for a good price because good god it needs some work. KJH, you need to sort the leaking and water damage in the structure of the house before you worry about upholstering the conversation pit or making the ceilings the same colour or putting pocket doors on the storage cupboards.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

skylark13

VIP Member
Interested to find this thread. I used to really like Katie and enjoy her content, but have found her increasingly annoying, me me me, and fake the last few months. And the regular grim eating footage is just 🤢

Also on the new ridiculously over priced product, it also just gives me the ick from a hygiene point of view. Even if you’re v on it with cleaning your brushes regularly, constantly swirling the serum thing into the pot seems weird to me. Surely over time the serum will change consistency and get all diluted, let alone potentially icky with the constant brush mixing.

It’s a no from me.

Don’t even start me on the pass agg stories when anyone dares to give her some constructive feedback on the short haircut (which I think is dreadful - though to be clear I’m not one of her followers who’s told her so). Influencers and ‘content creators’ who make their living from blathering on about themselves and showing their face online who can’t cope with a little bit of vaguely not simpering feedback are just twats IMHO.

• Heart

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
I feel as though I have watched her rapid decline through a lens. She was always overly confident but as her follower count grew so did her ego, she is just unbearable now. If you saw her on the street, even in NY, there is no way you would think she was a make-up artist, you would just think she had overdone her blusher and was a terrible fashion victim.

Shineyshine

VIP Member
Yeah I am finding it all bit disappointing lately. Bit underhand. Might be time to turn off the channel.

Now it’s might be a house in Southport to Airbnb is it? She doesn’t half love dropping the property buying chat. And yet, it never goes anywhere.
I’m feeling the same tbh. Disillusioned. Just give me the stories doing and talking about makeup. I’m tired of all the weird trainers, Chanel sandals, quirky clothes that aren’t wearable outside the NYC creative bubble, extortionate gold earrings, expensive electric bikes, gifted flights, etc etc. Even the stories advertising her collab today weren’t marked as an advert. I used to love Katie, I don’t know if it’s me or her content that’s changed.