Katie Ellison #3 Content so plain no one even suggested a name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fair enough to her for not doing it. It’s not something you can do half-heartedly. Her mum and grandparents are poorly plus 3 busy kids. I think she should have done another post on it today though as lots of her followers will have missed the previous one and the silence just looks a bit shady. It was for charity after all not just a personal goal.
I agree. I do think it's bit shady not having mentioning anything about the marathon today. Just a story wishing everyone luck and that she'll be running it next October instead.

Reactions: 2
I know she’s pretty harmless (by mummy blogger standards) but duck me isn’t she smug 🤦🏼‍♀️

A7655013-246E-4516-AB6D-CE37CBA9E7BA.jpeg

It also drives me insane how she sits on the fence about everything because she’s too scared to give an opinion that might alienate someone and lose their follow. Tell me again how you had the best, most fun half term but equally it was really quiet and you loved staying at home snuggling on the sofa but also going to watch an England match last minute 🤪

Reactions: 9
I know she’s pretty harmless (by mummy blogger standards) but duck me isn’t she smug 🤦🏼‍♀️

View attachment 859029

It also drives me insane how she sits on the fence about everything because she’s too scared to give an opinion that might alienate someone and lose their follow. Tell me again how you had the best, most fun half term but equally it was really quiet and you loved staying at home snuggling on the sofa but also going to watch an England match last minute 🤪
Someone tells her that her family members are just being polite.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She is definitely a people pleaser, but at least she is aware of other people's circumstances and tries to be tactful I suppose. Got to be grateful for the bare minimum with these influencers.

Reactions: 10
She is definitely a people pleaser, but at least she is aware of other people's circumstances and tries to be tactful I suppose. Got to be grateful for the bare minimum with these influencers.
Yeah that’s true. It just comes across as insincere a lot of the time though, I would love to know what she actually thinks about things.

Reactions: 5
She rarely does a day in the life vlog now without an AD 🥱 Emma mattress are really doing the rounds at the moment!

Reactions: 9
Katie's latest ad is very wooden, but in her defence she's always very clear with her #Ad

Reactions: 3
She rarely does a day in the life vlog now without an AD 🥱 Emma mattress are really doing the rounds at the moment!
It’s so put me off Emma Matresses though and I really want one! Why gift rich people things they don’t need to gain business! I’ll be going elsewhere now. It’s shameful what SM has become. So crass even the least offensive like Katie have become seedy grabby shallow c**ts 🤢

Reactions: 10
They had a free Leesa one a few years back according to her blog. These people don’t pay for anything!!

Reactions: 4
It’s so put me off Emma Matresses though and I really want one! Why gift rich people things they don’t need to gain business! I’ll be going elsewhere now. It’s shameful what SM has become. So crass even the least offensive like Katie have become seedy grabby shallow c**ts 🤢
I would never intentionally buy something that has been given to an “influencer” for free 😂😂

Reactions: 12
It would be easier to find an influencer who hasn't done an AD for Emma this week. 5 years ago I might have been influenced by a Mummy vlogger but wise to it now. Like others have said, would actively avoid buying from the likes of Emma, Wild Deodorant or any beauty or food subscription box because of them using Influencers for marketing.

Reactions: 11
Yeah that's what puts me off too. It's like anti-advertisement to me!
I've wanted to try hello fresh before but every influencer under the sun has done an AD for them so it really put me off 😐

The mattress one was extra annoying because it's not like she'd even tried it 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Mrs Meldrum hasn’t…or was it pulled? 🤣🤣

I really like Katie, but you’re right with the influencer ads putting me off. I was going to try wild deodorant but after seeing all of them advertising it I don’t want to. I don’t know if it’s because I now don’t believe their claims as they paid so many people to advertise it, or because the influencers annoy me, but I won’t buy it now.

Reactions: 6
I've wanted to try hello fresh before but every influencer under the sun has done an AD for them so it really put me off 😐

The mattress one was extra annoying because it's not like she'd even tried it 🤷‍♀️
You're not missing anything with hello fresh don't worry! 🤣 I got a box as my friend gave me a code for a free box, the veg had furry mould 2 days after being delivered! 🤯

• Wow
Not to derail as I know this applies to all influencers but they build up a relationship with you (hense all the.... Are your children off for one week or two? Do you prefer Coke or Pepsi? And the does anyone know best way to xyz) so when they tell you how fabulous this deodorant/mattress/food box is people take it at face value forgetting that they are paid to say this. They are not your pals, they are in marketing, they aren't giving genuine recommendations, they are sales people.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Not to derail as I know this applies to all influencers but they build up a relationship with you (hense all the.... Are your children off for one week or two? Do you prefer Coke or Pepsi? And the does anyone know best way to xyz) so when they tell you how fabulous this deodorant/mattress/food box is people take it at face value forgetting that they are paid to say this. They are not your pals, they are in marketing, they aren't giving genuine recommendations, they are sales people.
YES! Why do so many people fall for it? Katie Ellison doesn't give a sh!t what you do/drink/drive or whatever - she's just trying to make herself money by doing very little !

Reactions: 8

A friend of mine had the advert for this too, advertising without even owning the product. It was paid around £1000
Mental how your can advertise a product you’ve not tried

• Angry
  • Wow
Her looking around IKEA with Louise Pentland, Chr!$t almighty...the fact they get paid for this is something else!

Reactions: 2
I like Katie generally but I do not get the hype about the grazing boards! It’s sweets on a platter?! What am I missing???

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.