Katie Ellison #2 Whizzing through the house refurb to keep up with the gram

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Petty, but the not tying her hair back when running really annoys me!!
‘Because she’s worth it’!! 😂

Next she’ll be hoping for a shampoo deal 🙄
Maybe even a joint one with herself and kids (could be why she talks about their Sunday hair wash) and then some pooch hair shampoo!!! Watch this space! 🥱

Reactions: 2
Be interesting to see if they take the dog away with them when they go away for Lottie’s birthday.

Ha ha! She seems to do the same voice with Wrenny and sometimes even JonJon! It’s cringeworthy.
Oh and I wonder where they’re taking Lottie on holiday.... not your average birthday gift is it 🙄 And did you notice on her birthday Katie implied the gifts were nothing big. Nah, she’s got a holiday instead eh Katie!! That’s not big at all!!
Bet it won’t be the average short break normal families have either if they’re lucky enough to have one over half term either.
And the big question... will it or some of it be #gifted or #ad????

Reactions: 4
It is super annoying how she does the big reveals for holidays and renovations. I think it's completely done for a 'keeping them guessing!' intrigue effect. But I want to hear about the planning and budgeting stage. Her content is too much 'aspirational content!' and not enough realism for planning family holidays. I think she is extremely calculating with everything she does (notice how they never go to Butlins or Bluestone like the other influencers, not unique or aspirational enough for them). I think her motivation is that she wants people to be envious and to show off her lifestyle, rather than producing actually helpful content.

Reactions: 7
One of her comments on her YouTube channel was that she sounds like Peppa Pig! Now I've told you that, you will only hear Peppa when she speaks! 🤣 best comment ever.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She just sounds like a child I think. I cringe when I hear that silly voice she puts on. I've followed Katie since she got her kitchen done in their old house. That was before ads had to be declared and I remember thinking she paid for it only to watch her reveal video and hear her talk about just about everything right down to the fecking beans in her cupboard being gifted.

Then when she got the new house I genuinky believed they would do it over time. By over time I thought maybe 5 0r 10 years. How stupid was I.

You hit the nail on the head there, it's just for content. At least she doesn't go all daytime TV presenter like Kerry Whelpdale 🙊
Haha she's the best of a bad bunch but she certainly thinks shes some kind of tv presenter doesn't she. Err no love, get a job.

I course she reads here
I haven’t heard her call him Jonjon 🤢 for a while 😂
JonJon is so unfortunate looking!

She's in the background of Louise's charity shop video with her arms folded! Once they all go home, Katie goes to Homesense for her shopping haul, nothing not brand new for the Ellisons
Haha this is hilarious. Shes tried to dress the part of "thrifty shopper" but her body language is SO telling, she's hating EVERY minute. No way would she ever buy anything from those shops, she could barely bring herself to touch anything. Why didn't she just admit she's not into it.

she looked so out of place in that vlog! very awkward
I would never have clicked on those videos normally but its too funny to watch how awkward Katie looks. Get your nose out the air love and back to your sterile home with island and fake grass.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
It is super annoying how she does the big reveals for holidays and renovations. I think it's completely done for a 'keeping them guessing!' intrigue effect. But I want to hear about the planning and budgeting stage. Her content is too much 'aspirational content!' and not enough realism for planning family holidays. I think she is extremely calculating with everything she does (notice how they never go to Butlins or Bluestone like the other influencers, not unique or aspirational enough for them). I think her motivation is that she wants people to be envious and to show off her lifestyle, rather than producing actually helpful content.
She is very calculating. Gloats yet tries to cover it with the ‘I’m so very lucky’ line & ‘I’m feeling meh’ line so that she can try and make out she relates and everyone else relates.
She’s quite up her own bottom & loves to show off with what she’s got & what she gets. She knows exactly how to engage.

Reactions: 3
She just sounds like a child I think. I cringe when I hear that silly voice she puts on. I've followed Katie since she got her kitchen done in their old house. That was before ads had to be declared and I remember thinking she paid for it only to watch her reveal video and hear her talk about just about everything right down to the fecking beans in her cupboard being gifted.

Then when she got the new house I genuinky believed they would do it over time. By over time I thought maybe 5 0r 10 years. How stupid was I.
I think we all thought this. Most people do take their time. Partly as they don’t have the need to rush but mainly because normal people can’t afford the price or time! And we don’t get gifted it! I’m sure she was laughing even more before ads needed to be declared. She’ll still be laughing but needs to think more as it means she’s telling us how much she really does get free.

Haha she's the best of a bad bunch but she certainly thinks shes some kind of tv presenter doesn't she. Err no love, get a job.

JonJon is so unfortunate looking!

Haha this is hilarious. Shes tried to dress the part of "thrifty shopper" but her body language is SO telling, she's hating EVERY minute. No way would she ever buy anything from those shops, she could barely bring herself to touch anything. Why didn't she just admit she's not into it.

I would never have clicked on those videos normally but its too funny to watch how awkward Katie looks. Get your nose out the air love and back to your sterile home with island and fake grass.
she looked completely out of place. Only watched the vlog because of that 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I agree with everyone’s comments on here! I find her nauseatingly false, especially the way she is with her kids. In particular the god awful advent calendar thing she does with them at xmas..makes me cringe

Reactions: 7
I agree with everyone’s comments on here! I find her nauseatingly false, especially the way she is with her kids. In particular the god awful advent calendar thing she does with them at xmas..makes me cringe
Omg.. yes at the annoying advent calendar.
In a Peppa pig voice, "Today we are going to have a chocolate from the tree" and her children would jump up and down and cradle the paper! It was nauseating every morning. The sleeping by the xmas tree was one that I thought was most "for the gram". I also 100% agree with the moaning about finding the marathon hard and she is so so rubbish at it.. but then will come in first place! 🙄 I was surprised that she admitted that her oh so perfect puppy was nipping, she doesn't usually like to reveal the reality of things.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She is very calculating. Gloats yet tries to cover it with the ‘I’m so very lucky’ line & ‘I’m feeling meh’ line so that she can try and make out she relates and everyone else relates.
She’s quite up her own bottom & loves to show off with what she’s got & what she gets. She knows exactly how to engage.
OMG this! I was just about to post the same thing.

Since minimalism and environmental issues have skyrocketed in popularity, many influencers have struggled with staying relevant and marketable. I'd imagine it's even harder for smaller channels like Katie's. You have to flog things to get brand deals, but if nobody is interested in buying then you've just become redundant. Although in Katie's case I think an argument could be made that she's always been redundant. Aside from the odd travel vlog or house renovation, she has nothing new or innovative to offer. Her one saving grace is her ability to appear relatable and down-to-earth.

As far as influencers go, Katie is probably the least offensive one I follow. But she's also the most boring. Her content is very hit or miss. When she bangs on about running marathons, the books she's read, or the outfits she wore in a week I skip it. The only thing I have time to read these days are work emails or emails from my daughter's school. Like most of you, I work 9 hours a day plus the time it takes to commute back and fourth. When I get home I have children, a partner, and a house to attend to. I have no energy to waste on running. And I've been dressing myself perfectly fine for more years then I'll be admitting publicly. ;) And contrary to what these influencers think, I tend to only post here during my lunch break, loo break, when my kids are bathing, or when my bladder wakes me up and I can't get back to bed right away. That's what real life looks like for the majority. Pretty hard for us to relate to a pampered princess whose biggest concern this week is finding storage solutions for her newly renovated kitchen or inspiration for running a marathon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
OMG this! I was just about to post the same thing.

Since minimalism and environmental issues have skyrocketed in popularity, many influencers have struggled with staying relevant and marketable. I'd imagine it's even harder for smaller channels like Katie's. You have to flog things to get brand deals, but if nobody is interested in buying then you've just become redundant. Although in Katie's case I think an argument could be made that she's always been redundant. Aside from the odd travel vlog or house renovation, she has nothing new or innovative to offer. Her one saving grace is her ability to appear relatable and down-to-earth.

As far as influencers go, Katie is probably the least offensive one I follow. But she's also the most boring. Her content is very hit or miss. When she bangs on about running marathons, the books she's read, or the outfits she wore in a week I skip it. The only thing I have time to read these days are work emails or emails from my daughter's school. Like most of you, I work 9 hours a day plus the time it takes to commute back and fourth. When I get home I have children, a partner, and a house to attend to. I have no energy to waste on running. And I've been dressing myself perfectly fine for more years then I'll be admitting publicly. ;) And contrary to what these influencers think, I tend to only post here during my lunch break, loo break, when my kids are bathing, or when my bladder wakes me up and I can't get back to bed right away. That's what real life looks like for the majority. Pretty hard for us to relate to a pampered princess whose biggest concern this week is finding storage solutions for her newly renovated kitchen or inspiration for running a marathon.
She’s certainly been very clever at making she she’s best of a bad lot. I just don’t get how they find the time to story, blog, film all the time - I don’t care if they call it a ‘job’.

I see she’s moaning about her marathon training AGAIN! Yes, I get that it’s hard but it’s the London Marathon! Not the local park 5k. It’s supposed to be one of the toughest achievements otherwise we would all be training for it. People don’t just enter it on a whim - or at least they shouldn’t. Yes, there are people who choose to do it when they wouldn’t ordinarily but they are doing it in memory of someone to raise the cash or for their own personal achievement (because of injury, illness or mentally) but I can’t help but feel that Katie is primarily doing it for more followers, attention and a medal to show off and a big well done you.

I can imagine she’s hugely competitive with her sister and the fact that she is quite a bit older than her sister, she would’ve been so used to all the attention she she was the only one until her sister arrived.

Yes, she likes or at least used to like running & has said she’d like to do the marathon but with the lack of training (foot injury didn’t help) and then the moaning about not enjoying it, I can’t help but have no sympathy for her. Yes it’s hard Katie! It’s supposed to be. She’d argue to say she’s posting these stories for others who are finding it hard but others will just get on with it and count they’re lucky stars they are doing it and tell themselves they are proud of themselves.
Forgetting her injury early in training, she cannot say she hasn’t had time, JonJon is always around to look after the kids and she’s been very lucky to run morning & evenings and rather than fannying on her phone she gets the daytime too.

Why are influencers so obsessed with cuddling up chilling together watching a film? Is it because it’s sooo relatable?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It’s been over 24 hours since her DFS giveaway ended that she was sOoOoOo excited to be able to host but she hasn’t bothered announcing a winner so clearly isn’t that excited. Instead we’ve had pointless updates about the weather and the fact the river is high. Well no bleeping tit, there’s been a storm. So many influencers post about giveaways and then “forget“ to post a winner and it’s one of my biggest pet peeves which is why I always make a point of checking whether they have or not. Don’t host something for “the benefit of your followers“ if you aren’t going to follow through with it. Even though we all know it’s done for more followers and likes anyway 🙄 hope she at least chooses someone that hasn’t only followed her/interacted with her for the sake of it and actually puts up with her tit long term. I don’t know how anyone could follow her I had to unfollow months ago because the constant ‘I’m just like you blah blah blah’ drove me round the twist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.